No announcement yet.

Primal Packed Lunches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That salad in a jar idea looks great! I take it the meat counts as a 'hearty bit'?

Comment

I like to make a variety of sauces to keep in the fridge. Paleo BBQ sauce, Italian dressing (homemade mayo+Italian seasoning+ vinegar), sunbutter sauce, etc. I also chop and prep a bunch of veggies and keep a dozen or so eggs boiled as well as cook extra meat throughout the week. Easy to throw together a salad in a jar or pack a bunch of random stuff. It is summer so the kids and I are out hiking and spending the day at the lake quite a bit. I take eggs, lots of veggies, guacamole, a dip for meat, leftover meat, veggies, some fruit, and some nuts. String cheese for the kids. Tuna or chicken salad with apple and cucumber slices to scoop is yummy also.

Comment

I do bigg ass salads. I always make extra protein just for the purpose.

Also because I hate both wilty lettuce and cleaning those little plastic ware cups, I keep good olive oil and several types of vinegar in the drawer of my desk.

Mmmmmmmm it's what's for lunch
        Julia
        Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
        Started Primal Mid January 2011
        Current Weight 183
        Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
        http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
          That's all ONE day right??? Cuz half a pork chop? That sounds like you're on a diet.
          No, that's the whole week . . . all sounds pretty filling to me actually. I don't usually eat a very big lunch, I eat a small-moderate sized lunch and have a mid-morning and a mid-afternoon small snack. So these lunches don't include my snacks - which will probably be some nuts, baby carrots or a smoothie.

Dinner is my big meal most days.

Even then, I am trying to keep my calories in the 1300-1500 range most days (if I go over to splurge on some extra protein or fat one day, no biggie - but I find that without empty carbs from refined grains and such I feel plenty satisfied on most days with 1300ish calories if I get enough protein). I am trying to lose weight here as well, and I am a short girl - so that is all the calories I should need. I'm not an athlete or anything. If become one, then I'll obviously change my diet to compensate for more activity.
          Healthy Bucket List:
          • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
          • Hike the Appalachian Trail
          • Do a real pull-up
          • Run a 5k
          • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Mix up the salads or it can get boring- I always cook extra protein (tri tip or whole chickens are a sunday meal) which i then use throughout the week (or at least the 1st half) and one of my favorite lunches is a taco salad made from lettuce, tomatos, onions, pepers, cilantro and a bit of cheese and lots of the leftover protein from sunday- for dressing I use fresh tomatillo salsa I make myself.
            Male 40 Years Old
            210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
            ??? LBs- GW
            36"- Starting pant size
            32" - Current Pant size

Comment

I make a primal big ass salad everymorning and pack it in a small soft cooler.

Comment

What if you make a salad out of the above ingredients w a few added veggies/dressing? otherwise you could just bring whatever leftovers you have from dinner - that's what I usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumin View Post
                  Some of the salad in a jar recipes look good.
                  What are you talking about here and can you provide a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Cumin View Post
                    Some of the salad in a jar recipes look good.
                    Talk about thinking outside the box.

I'm really into this idea simply because I would rather carry my daily salads to work in a glass as opposed to a plastic container. I imagine that there would be less or no chemicals associated with plastic containers, would also be more robust too with less chance of leakages.
                    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

I'm fortunate in that I can eat the same food at the same time of day for some time. Last week lunch was a roast chicken thigh and a hard boiled egg when I was up on a hill in the rain waiting for teams to reach my checkpoint. That did me four days.
                      Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X