Where Can I Get 100% Grass Fed Bison?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Can I Get 100% Grass Fed Bison?

The ground bison from WF is very good but the butcher was either dishonest or uninformed as he told me it was grass fed and not grain finished. I just confirmed it is grain finished and it seems that almost all bison is.

Does anyone know where you can get 100% grass fed bison? Thanks.

Poland has wild bison but they're a protected species. In the US I found a website for grass fed bison, Google North Star bison.

Comment

US Wellness Meats sells grass-fed bison: U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Comment

I have been buying 100% grassfed bison from Lindner Bison for the past few years. They even sell at various farmers markets around southern California. Great folks and wonderful product.
        Lindner Bison - California Grassfed Bison

Comment

Another good online retailer is Grande Natural Meats (website ElkUSA.com) They have bison, elk, venison, goat and a great "dogfood" section that has blends of ground meat and offal. Shhhh. Don't tell my dog.

Comment

If I have a craving for bison I just travel to another farmer's market a little further than my local one. They have a vendor that sells grass-fed bison and pature-raised pork products. They also sell pasture-raised turkeys but usually only at Thanksgiving time.

Cibola Farms Bison and Buffalo

I just checked and you can order online from them!
            Last edited by Drumroll; 09-08-2012, 06:03 PM.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

A friend of mine convinced a local Bison farmer to grass-finish one bison. All he had to do was buy the entire bison. I got some of the parts he doesn't like. Liver & tongue. Most of us don't have the freezer space to make that a feasible option.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
              X