No announcement yet.

Did you finally give up beer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to call everyone out on this because i read it too often. Do you really think 1 or even 2 beers a WEEK is going to affect you health wise at all? Seriously, if you enjoy beer freaking have one. Everyone on these boards made great life changes and should be proud, but cmon now, you only live once! I know I had 2 beers yesterday for the 4th, yes TWO! AND i had dessert! Will i sweat it and stress and go absolutely crazy like i used to? Nope. Ill just go back to fasting breakfast and having a BAS for lunch, and some meat for dinner. No big deal. Move on.

Comment

homebrewer over here too.. no way i'll ever give up beer. then again, my definition of beer is either something i made or some of the finer microbrews from all over the country. i don't drink miller/coors/bud etc...

lagavulin is a great scotch, but around $80 a bottle. definitely worth every penny though.

i also enjoy cognacs. always have and always will

Comment

Giving up beer is easy around here; it's mostly 3.2.

Which means that if one wants a worthwhile beer, she'll have to make it to the liquor store within the minuscule frame of time that it's allowed to be open and buy her piss warm beer. Then stick it in the freezer if she has any aspirations to actually drink the beer sometime today. And hopefully not drink too much wine or bourbon in the meanwhile and forget about the beer and have a beer-y mess to clean out of the freezer.
        Or go out and deal with all that ass-hattery.

I'm keeping my wine.
        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

I love good craft bee, Anderson Valley Summer Solstice, I drink about 2-3 beers one day a week, no problems what so ever, still loosing fat, but I'm 25 and I workout a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
            Giving up beer is easy around here; it's mostly 3.2.

Which means that if one wants a worthwhile beer, she'll have to make it to the liquor store within the minuscule frame of time that it's allowed to be open and buy her piss warm beer. Then stick it in the freezer if she has any aspirations to actually drink the beer sometime today. And hopefully not drink too much wine or bourbon in the meanwhile and forget about the beer and have a beer-y mess to clean out of the freezer.
            Or go out and deal with all that ass-hattery.

I'm keeping my wine.
            Use the freezer to make ice-cubes before you buy the beer, put the (closed) beer-bottle somekind of container, poor in water and ice and then poor a load of salt over it. Easy way to get cold beer with just water and ice in a matter of minutes.

Comment

I love beer, but did finally give it up. Occasionally I will have a gluten free brand, but that's it. I mainly drink wine now. Sometimes I will have some rum if I feel like making a coconut based drink.

Comment

Yeah I've been doing the paleo diet / lifestyle for 5 days now and last night I caved and had a whole bunch of beer. I feel all flabby now Back on track today! And definitely have to cut out the beer if I want to see weight loss results.. and not feel like a lawnmower is plowing through my insides the next day

Comment

With wine and single malts allowed as luxury items, I can just about manage without a good pint of ale.
                  Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

For Bourbon lovers I strongly suggest Booker's Bourbon. I love this stuff, and even at 127 Proof a bottle does not last long at my house.

Comment

I used to love beer on hot summer days and lived in a state that loves its microbreweries. Moved to a city where it's 20% higher in price plus an almost 10% sales tax. I've probably had 8 beers in 16 months. Guess I didn't love beer enough to pay the area penalty for it.

Spirits, on the other hand, are quite reasonable here. I like Herradura and Lunazul silver tequilas for cold shots. Cheap vodka when I'm making "adult fruit smoothies" for the neighborfolks.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Will not give up beer. Tried Dogfish Head's gluten free and didn't like it. My bourbon of choice is Maker's Mark.

Comment

It is over a 100 degrees here all week. But no beer for me. Single malt on rocks. Yum! In the winter, it is cognac neat. Double yum!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                            Will not give up beer. Tried Dogfish Head's gluten free and didn't like it. My bourbon of choice is Maker's Mark.
                            gonna be down at the brewpub next week. i can't wait. gluten free can kiss my ass! i hope they have something interesting on tap. like maybe johnny cask. and i will be stockpiling the peanut butter vodka to take home with me

Comment

Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                              Yeah that one was lackluster. Now many of the other DFH offerings are quite the opposite!!

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                                gonna be down at the brewpub next week. i can't wait. gluten free can kiss my ass! i hope they have something interesting on tap. like maybe johnny cask. and i will be stockpiling the peanut butter vodka to take home with me
                                You are in NJ I see so which brewpub are you hitting? Always looking for the good ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X