Did you finally give up beer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JA
    note on vodka - try potato-based, not grain. Our fave is Koenig from Idaho. It actually tastes great as a sippin liquor ANd Buffalo Trace is a tasty bourbon for the price. We buy more of it now than we do scotch or whisky.
    For vodka I like Tito's Handmade from Texas, distilled 6 times so very smooth and clean. And if you like Buffalo Trace try Elmer T. Lee, named after Buffalo Trace's old master distiller. Awesome, and still very reasonable compared to scotch. For beer there are so many excellent beers now, my favorite is Black Butte Porter from Deschutes brewery. All these very much in moderation and only very occasionally. Life is too short to totally give them up.

Tercio

Comment

Did I give up beer? I just may. I have a very strong beer tooth...more than a sweet tooth. Haven't had any in a couple of weeks (wine/vodka instead) until last night. Let's just say I've started my day with 2 advil and a big bottle of kombucha. I don't weigh myself, but I take waist measurements -- I'm up a 1/2 inch this morning. I think that's enough to convince me that I need to give it up. I have suspected candida issues as well as gluten intolerance. But damn I love beer! I'm never gonna say never, but I think it's going to become the exception, not the rule. Like Tercio said above -- life it too short to totally give it up.

Comment

I just set as kind of a reward for the end of the week. Every Friday night I try a bottle of a microbrew that I have never had before, I only have one, and it is something to look forward to the whole week!

Comment

I've skim read through and for the whisky lovers I have to say Laphroaig single Islay malt over Glenfiddich.

We had an unseasonal hot day here and I had an ice cold Peroni Nastro Azzurro Italian lager for the first time in months. The first swig was heavenly, the second swig just tasted so overpoweringly wheaty that my husband got the rest. Beer eww.

Years ago the French used to make tongue-furringly good robust wines of character. Now standard wines taste like alcoholic liquid jam and there's no difference between French and Australian. It messed with my blood glucose levels so I gave it up in January. I admit I may get tempted with a teeny glass of LBV port at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Artichoke View Post
            I've skim read through and for the whisky lovers I have to say Laphroaig single Islay malt over Glenfiddich.
            Buy American! Drink Bourbon! Besides if we don't, we won't have any barrels to sell to the Scots, so they can make theirs.

Tercio

Comment

chronyx
              Try Oban; it's one of the best.

Comment

I'm a Brit ! I've never had Bourbon but I've heard of Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.. in fact I have a Jim Beam tshirt from ASDA (Wal-Mart).

Comment

This, right now, is the first time since quitting it 8 months ago that I suddenly miss it.... I admit the taste of beer is great, but quitting it is one of the best things I've ever done for my health and fitness, and it's worth it.

Comment

Just tried gluten free sorghum beer made by (akkk) Anheuser Busch....don't bother. It tastes even worse than Budwieser. Should have know - same company! And its wimp ass 4. something % alcohol.

Comment

been Primal for 2.5 years now, and was a big beer drinker. Don't really miss it now, and from time to time will have a stout or porter, or a Guinness. Now it's mostly red wine and the occasional whiskey. Pendelton over ice:-)
                      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Tercio View Post
                        Buy American! Drink Bourbon! Besides if we don't, we won't have any barrels to sell to the Scots, so they can make theirs.

Tercio
                        Urghhh. Bourbon tastes like cordial. Laphroig is good. As are Macallans and Lagavullin

I have 3 or 4 beers a year now. Sometimes it just feels right to have one. Used to have one with dinner most evenings. Drink red wine now
                        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

aha it is interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                            Now it's mostly red wine and the occasional whiskey. Pendelton over ice:-)
                            I thought Pendelton did blankets ? <confused Brit>

Comment

Funny. I love bourbon and think all scotch tastes like iodine. You can have our old barrels though. : )
                              5' 9" 47 YO F
                              PB start June 2, 2012
                              Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
                              Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

Used to love Guinness, but it makes me physically sick know, stopped drinking it long before I went primal because of this, bummer really as I used to love a pint of the black stuff!! Whiskey has always done that to me as well!
                                Now just stick to cider, and rough cider preferably, and a red wine now and again!

Comment

Working...
                                X