Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Breakfast. Is 6 eggs per week too much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankiG View Post
    Try sauteeing ground turkey/beef/lamb patties in a sausage seasoning (I use a blend I mix myself from a recipe in Well Fed by Melissa Joulwan) and have that for breakfast as 'sausage' without the nasty ingredients/fillers in storebought.
    I completely endorse this too. Ground meat(sometimes left over from last night's dinner) with a mix of seasonings is delicious. Google "homemade sausage" or search some of the paleo/primal recipe sites makes for a great breakfast sausage, without the extra nonsense you tend to get from most of the stuff you find in the store.

Throw in some veggies of your choice to go with it, and you're all set with a delicious, healthy breakfast.

Comment

i eat 2-3 eggs almost everyday. i keep hard-boiled in the fridge for a quick bite or to take to work. my normal breakfast is bone broth with some greens and eggs stirred in. this morning it was seaweed, hot sauce and coconut milk stirred in there with 3 eggs.

eggs are like a perfect food and even good quality pastured eggs are a cheap source of protein.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I eat a dozen free range eggs a week (4.10GBP) and people here look at me as if I'm crazy and mutter about cholesterol. Seems I'm an egg lightweight though

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
          Have you tried searching this site? Has to be one of the top 5 most frequent post topics. Yawn
          Yeah, but it's also one of the only topics where we remotely approach a concensus.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I think maybe the person who posted this originally might actually be a spammer. I mean, totally generic first name + a couple of numbers username and a totally generic diet-type post with that air of "this is the common way to diet, am I right ladies". If Louisa is real, I hope she proves me wrong.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Wow. Never imagined eating 6 eggs in a sitting. My daily routine looks like this:

Breakfast:
              5AM: 1 hard boiled egg, handfull of raspberries and blueberries with coconut milk.
              6AM: 12 km run to work

Lunch: Small mixed salad with 1 chicken breast

Dinner: Meat or fish with plate of mixed vegetables.

I don't snack and can easily miss a meal (lunch), if I'm busy at work. I may have a few nuts or olives as a snack.

/louisa
              ----------------------------------------
              F, 48, 5'10"
              Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
              Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Never really thought about meat for breakfast. I usually have an egg. Given that I'm ramping up on the physical fitness, it sounds like I'll need to ramp up on the food. I usually don't eat pig (sausage/bacon).....but could tolerate fish in the morning. I just bought a ton of easy to prepare fish (not farmed). Thanks for the tips. Cheers/louisa
                F, 48, 5'10"
                Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've been an ultra athlete for years and years, and I rarely experience boredom in repetitive food experiences. I've eaten tuna and eggs for decades as they are pure food sources and never tire of the 'same old, same old'. I'm fortunate in that I have a great capacity to withstand boredom and repetitiveness....guess that's what makes me a good ultra athlete. Thanks for your time and thoughts/ Louisa
                  F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

Thanks, Owly. Appreciate your feedback.
                    F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

I've never been a big fan of Pig. The whole bacon and sausage thing for me is a bit of a turn off. Thanks for your thoughts/input. Cheers/louisa
                      F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

Thanks, MagicMeri: Appreciate your input.
                        /louisa
                        F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

Good to know, DGreenwood. The lessons that I'm learning here are that everyone's different and there are a variety of ways to feed the body, based on individualsim and listening to your body. Cheers/Louisa
                          F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

SB Hikes: Thanks for the warm welcome. My mother chose my name -- it's Italian versus generic. I'm not on this site to seek diet advice. I've been a highly competitive ultra athlete for most of my life and I know how to fuel my body through a 100 mile run, in the absence of sugar. I've never exceeded >16% body fat. Funny what you 'got' from my generic post. If there's anything I've learned in life is that those who draw quick conclusions about others, generally end up looking like an ass. Cheers.
                            F, 48, 5'10"

Comment

I make "sausage" out of venison, using a sausage spice blend that we made ourselves (easy to find recipes). we have bacon; I usually eat it once a week or less. DH and DS are more likely to eat it.

I figure you're under eating, but whatever makes you happy.

I usually have a long fast (from about 9 pm to 11 am), and then have two-three hard boiled eggs and tea, and then might have 'lunch' (if i'm not having just two meals that day, which is common for me), at around 4, and then dinner around 8. Lunch is typically a meat patty and veg (usually about 4 oz), and then dinner is typically another 4-6 oz meat and veggies. I have 1-2 servings of fruit per day. Most says it's just brekkie at 11/12 and then dinner at 8.

Comment

Working...
                              X