I just want a stinking donut!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I had an allergy test done (ALCAT) which tested 250 foods, 50 herbs, and 69 chemicals....chickpea and buckwheat were high intolerances, millet and corn were okay allergy wise, but millet causes gastric distress, and every stinkin form of corn (grits, popcorn, tortillas, even maltodextrin) makes me throw up within an hour of eating it. The goal is to heal my gut, but it seems a rather slooooow process.

I started using bananas in many forms as my sub, but then acne ared it's head and it has gone since cutting them. I can't catch a break. How do you fry the veggies?
    Sounds to me that you are sensitive to many lectins plus phytic acid, and need more starch. You may have fructose malabsorption too. Hence white rice is probably a good option.

I've experienced problems with reintroducing bananas too. I seem to be able to tolerate them better when I fry them but that's still something I will eat only once or twice a week.

I've had a lot more success with reintroducing white potatoes.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
      Sounds to me that you are sensitive to many lectins plus phytic acid, and need more starch. You may have fructose malabsorption too. Hence white rice is probably a good option.

I've experienced problems with reintroducing bananas too. I seem to be able to tolerate them better when I fry them but that's still something I will eat only once or twice a week.

I've had a lot more success with reintroducing white potatoes.
      Rice is a no go as well digestively, and white potatoes are no's for the autoimmune protocol. I don't think it is just lectins and phytic acids because I tested highly intolerant to tuna and chicken liver and moderately to turkey, sardines, trout, and venison.
      Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

I started using bananas in many forms as my sub, but then acne ared it's head and it has gone since cutting them. I can't catch a break. How do you fry the veggies?
        Sorry to hear about your struggles. I would try to slow roast root veggies first @ 350-360 F (beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash) with a drizzle of whatever fat that you can tolerate and honey (?) and after roasting (to caramelize and bring up sweetness) broil them on each side under broiler for 2-3 minutes (watch for burning) to give a bit of crispiness. One of the most amazing roast flavors are yum with ginger juice (squeeze grated ginger), soy sauce and sesame oil - it's a Japanese street treat, like donuts! I just broil sweet potatoes with this mix sometimes. if using spahetti squash, extract 'spaghetti' after baking and before further cooking (heck, even my in-laws liked that)

If you want to deep fry, try a deep pot with a bit of oil, and carefully drop bits, then fish them out with the slotted spoon. It's a scary cooking method though, so careful!

All else fails, make crackling on a real hock or leg roast!
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
          Rice is a no go as well digestively, and white potatoes are no's for the autoimmune protocol. I don't think it is just lectins and phytic acids because I tested highly intolerant to tuna and chicken liver and moderately to turkey, sardines, trout, and venison.
          That indicates histamine intolerance too, which can be healed eventually by eating the right foods.
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

That indicates histamine intolerance too, which can be healed eventually by eating the right foods.
            Like what? I'd like to get this show on the road as fast as possible!

Comment

Try just eating fresh salmon during your evening meal. Animal flesh is high in histamine. Salmon is very high in omega 3 which is very anti-inflammatory and will lower histamine levels.

Comment

And avoid fermented foods, citrus and deadly nightshade to lower your dietary intake of histamines and histamine-promoting foods.

Comment

And avoid fermented foods, citrus and deadly nightshade to lower your dietary intake of histamines and histamine-promoting foods.
                  Really? No fermented foods? That was one of chris kressers main ingredient to healing the gut.

Comment

I just looked it up... If I am to avoid gluten, follow the auto-immune protocal, eliminate FODMAPs, avoid histamine foods, and the others on my intolerant list, that leaves chicken, chard, bokchoy, cuccumbers, ginger, and non canned salmon. There is no way I can live off that. What's the underlying problem to fix in order to fix them all?

Comment

Working...
                    X