Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have your donut -

Cinnamon Roll Almond Flour Donuts* - Roost - Roost: A Simple Life

Idk if others have posted recipes, but you get pretty pictures and it's a completely primal donut recipe that looks absolutely awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Phresh View Post
      Have your donut -

Cinnamon Roll Almond Flour Donuts* - Roost - Roost: A Simple Life

Idk if others have posted recipes, but you get pretty pictures and it's a completely primal donut recipe that looks absolutely awesome.

Those look so yummy, but I can't eat almond flour or eggs. That's why I've had such a struggle finding a substitute. I think I'll explore my bacon options.
      Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

Can you eat squash? You can deep fry spaghetti squash strings with sugar and cinnamon, drain them, and they will be crisp and yum. If you want it soft, I would bake a sweet potato in a slow oven and then make it into an airy souffle with egg whites, nutmeg and cinnamon.
        Last edited by Leida; 07-06-2012, 05:44 AM.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
          Can you eat squash? You can deep fry spaghetti squash strings with sugar and cinnamon, drain them, and they will be crisp and yum. If you want it soft, I would bake a sweet potato in a slow oven and then make it into an airy souffle with egg whites, nutmeg and cinnamon.
          That sounds good too!

Comment

Originally posted by paleo pika View Post
            Three words.

Chocolate covered bacon.
            whaaaaattt? ummmmmmmmm really????

Comment

Chocolate salo (type of bacon) is a big time treat in Ukraine. It is not much different than combining chocolate with meats in savory applications (mole) or chcolate with various fats, like eggs (for custards), cream, nut and legume butters....

And thank you ladies for saying my experience is useful. I just not a fan of the 'yeah, I did paleo, but found whole foods work better' sortta posts, and the 'I am paleo, but I eat legumes, dairy and drink a diet soda once in a while....' just doesn't sound legit. Lol.
              Last edited by Leida; 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

You said you can't eat eggs. Are you allergic? Because if not, this recipe is truly delicious, and it uses only one egg:

Paleo Mug Cakes

I added shredded coconut to it. And while it's not SAD cake, it's damn yummy.
                F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

You will eventually lose the cravings.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieKessler View Post
                    You said you can't eat eggs. Are you allergic? Because if not, this recipe is truly delicious, and it uses only one egg:

Paleo Mug Cakes

I added shredded coconut to it. And while it's not SAD cake, it's damn yummy.
                    Yes, I am allergic to them.

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                    You will eventually lose the cravings.

When? It's been 4 months, and someone else said they'd go away after about a month... Not happening yet.

Comment

Wow, 4 months??? I went 100 percent at first and all cravings were gone in a week, but I eat dirty feet chicken eggs daily. It would suck to be allergic. Hope u find something soon to hit the spot.

Comment

I craved pastry for a long time (few months). Then, I finally got the trick that worked. I realized that the best thing about baked goods particularly commercial is not the taste, it is the smell! And that's something I enjoy for free every morning as I walk to work. Once I felt that I can enjoy the smell all I want, and replayed in my mind all the instances when the baked goods were severely disappointing (pretty much every time I did not bake myself!) I stopped being frustrated first thing in the morning. It also helps me to dab my temples/under ears with vanilla extract. It has a mood lifting effect without the extra padding around the waist. The baked goods is one thing I don't want to eat, ever, so I am glad I feel peaceful about it.
                        Last edited by Leida; 07-06-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
                          Yes, I am allergic to them.
                          Oy! I'll try to find a recipe that doesn't include eggs.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

Hmm. There's this. Not ideal, but it's something, at least.

And hey, from the same site, here's a post about how to substitute eggs in a recipe.

Good luck!!!

Comment

I don't think she can eat nut flours and tapioca either. I think it is really down to deep frying starchy veggies and fruit and sprucing them up with spices. Other seeds ground into flour are sunflower and flax, but I am not sure you can do successful sweets with them. I dunno if chickpea, buckwheat, millet and corn flour were out-ruled yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                                I don't think she can eat nut flours and tapioca either. I think it is really down to deep frying starchy veggies and fruit and sprucing them up with spices. Other seeds ground into flour are sunflower and flax, but I am not sure you can do successful sweets with them. I dunno if chickpea, buckwheat, millet and corn flour were out-ruled yet?
                                I had an allergy test done (ALCAT) which tested 250 foods, 50 herbs, and 69 chemicals....chickpea and buckwheat were high intolerances, millet and corn were okay allergy wise, but millet causes gastric distress, and every stinkin form of corn (grits, popcorn, tortillas, even maltodextrin) makes me throw up within an hour of eating it. The goal is to heal my gut, but it seems a rather slooooow process.

I started using bananas in many forms as my sub, but then acne ared it's head and it has gone since cutting them. I can't catch a break. How do you fry the veggies?

Comment

Working...
                                X