I just want a stinking donut!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patski View Post
    I had DEWISHUS ice cream again tonight. Too much. I won't even say.
    Wish I could. Can't afford the good stuff and it hurts my stomach anyway. I want it so bad but it ultimately ends up hurting me. Just like women.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Indulge in the chocolate.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
        Wish I could. Can't afford the good stuff and it hurts my stomach anyway. I want it so bad but it ultimately ends up hurting me. Just like women.
        *looks at Gravyboat knowingly*

I know...we women are complete bitches.
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Do you workout at all? If you do just eat the donut PWO. You wont store it anyways!

Comment

Chicki, if gluten makes you sick, get yourself a decadent flourless chocolate cake or some cocoa-dusted merengues. Only sugar to deal with. Also get yourself 'The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book' or similar. No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by stumprrp View Post
              Do you workout at all? If you do just eat the donut PWO. You wont store it anyways!
              It's not the sugar/carbs I can't have. I'm severely gluten intolerant, so I can't have it ever. that's the torturous part... Can't eat one and be over with it already.
              Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Comma View Post
                Chicki, if gluten makes you sick, get yourself a decadent flourless chocolate cake or some cocoa-dusted merengues. Only sugar to deal with. Also get yourself 'The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book' or similar. No problem.
                What alternative flours and ingredients does she use? I can't eat eggs, tapioca, or almond flour... All major gf recipe ingredients.

Comment

Meh, I'm against the "alternative" flour route. Gotta just get a handle on your addictions and I dont think methadone is the trick . Gotta go cold turkey. Low carb/high fat it into submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Meh, I'm against the "alternative" flour route. Gotta just get a handle on your addictions and I dont think methadone is the trick . Gotta go cold turkey. Low carb/high fat it into submission.
                    Funny you mention low carb... Seems that my cravings are fine if I'm in ketosis. It isn't until I eat pumpkin, carrots, and squash that I want dessert. But I don't want to be in ketosis always. Where's the balance?

Comment

Dude, donuts are gooooooooood. I would just have one.
                      "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
                        Funny you mention low carb... Seems that my cravings are fine if I'm in ketosis. It isn't until I eat pumpkin, carrots, and squash that I want dessert. But I don't want to be in ketosis always. Where's the balance?
                        What wrong with ketosis? I highly recommend the book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living" by Phinney and Volek.

Comment

HTFU or get a stick and hit yourself with it until you can't think of anything else.

Tercio

Comment

Three words.

Chocolate covered bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
                              What alternative flours and ingredients does she use? I can't eat eggs, tapioca, or almond flour... All major gf recipe ingredients.
                              Well shoot. I was all ready to jump in here with a couple of blogs that have been great for me (don't do grains, can't have eggs or dairy), and then I saw you can't do almond or tapioca flours.

What flours CAN you have?

I'll give you the blogs anyway, then you can see if there are substitutions you can make. One is Chocolate Covered Katie, the other is The Spunky Coconut. I've made delicious things from both, and have many more on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                What wrong with ketosis? I highly recommend the book "The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living" by Phinney and Volek.
                                I can't remember which one, I just remember MDA article on ketosis and not advising it for long term. But I can't recall why either...

Comment

Working...
                                X