Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else suffer from "fruit binging"? How did you cure it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Otzi on this one.

My neighbor's plum tree is hella ripe right now and so is my nectarine tree.

The other day I ate 15 plums right after the other and then about 10 nectarines.

I didn't die, I didn't have a sugar crash, and I didn't gain any weight.

But what DID happen, was that I ate all of that at 11, and didn't eat again until 6.

And then you know what happened? I ate MORE of the same for dinner.

My husband is still astonished that I wasn't in the bathroom all day, but he's the one
    with the delicate gut, whilst MINE is made of steel.... obviously.

Anyway, so, yeah, fruit is the best it's going to be RIGHT NOW, so I'd eat it, and
    then diss it in the winter when it's all hard ass crap and tastes like shit.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
      I ate a whole 10 pound watermelon yesterday. It was the best watermelon I ever had. I put salt on it. I drank the juice when I was done. I spit seeds for great distances.

I have 4 pineapples on my counter--they will be gone by Friday.

I will stop this binge when fresh fruit is out of season (September-ish). Until then, I'm eating all the fruit I care to.
      Pineapple

pineapples are actually NOT in-season right now.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
        It probably has nothing to do with nuts. you were likely consuming excess calories and performing some type of strength training which would put your body in a hypertrophy mode.
        Nope - moved around a lot, but did NO exercise for two weeks!
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Fruit junkie here..... Although I'm not trying to lose weight,my fruit consumption was out of control haha. I'm not treating fruit as a dessert treat like Wanderlust said. I freeze lots of fruit and use them as frozen treats when it's scorching. By all means though, if I want pineapple, I eat it...

Comment

Its summer. Fruit is in season. This is when we're supposed to eat fruit! There's nothing un-primal about fruit.

If weight loss is your goal, then limiting carbohydrates in all forms usually helps. But primal isn't a weight loss program. Primal is a way of eating for optimal health, where a healthy body composition is one of the natural results. So going on and off primal for quick weight loss is kind of missing the point.
            Sandra
            *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              I do agree with the suggestion to take primal one step at a time. Permanent change is slow. Everytime you cut something out you'll overcompensate with something else, so at least cut out the refined stuff first, and maybe after a couple of weeks you can then start looking at cutting down on the natural foods that can cause weight gain.
              Yeah, this might work, but honestly if you cut out sugar and most starches (i.e. fruits and starchy things) and overcompensate with fat, you'll get mighty sick of it in a couple weeks. If you overcompensate with protein, you might get actually physically sick. So I wouldn't worry.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
              X