Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nope....its a common misconception....its GLUTErgon. The marketing folk said it had to simple . The other option was Glutenoutyourassinsteadofcreatingleakygut. But that was too long.

Comment

• Hey Robb, this person said gluten free diets are bogus!
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
        Well it wasn't any type of food, because I can eat any food right now without bingeing. I do find that some foods seem to promote bingeing a bit more than others though. Potato salad is one of them. Also I made some stove top stuffing from a box and that made me want to binge. I didn't binge after eating potato salad or stuffing though. I think it has more to do with them being side dishes and me not having a set amount that I am supposed to eat. (when I eat a sandwich, I eat the whole thing, when I eat some stuffing or potato salad, there isn't a set amount like that).

As for what caused bingeing though, I think it was a few things. I think that I would become reasonably restrictive with my diet when I would try to lose weight, and I think that restrictiveness led to an unhealthy relationship with food, which then led to bingeing. It got to the point where I was either on a diet or just eating as unhealthy as possible. It was one or the other. Now I realize there has to be a happy medium.

To be honest though I used to smoke a ton of weed. All day every day. I ended up quitting along with quitting drinking for over a year and I just switched my addiction to food. It also didn't help that I had a job in a pizza place at this time where I was allowed to eat as much as I wanted for free. So it was a combination of that, along with restrictive dieting to try to make up for it, that led to bingeing.
        Have you ever looked into Food-Reward theory? It sounds like it might help you. It's aimed at Obesity, but many find it helps binge eating as well.

Whole Health Source: The Case for the Food Reward Hypothesis of Obesity, Part I
        Lifting Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
          Well it wasn't any type of food, because I can eat any food right now without bingeing. I do find that some foods seem to promote bingeing a bit more than others though. Potato salad is one of them. Also I made some stove top stuffing from a box and that made me want to binge. I didn't binge after eating potato salad or stuffing though. I think it has more to do with them being side dishes and me not having a set amount that I am supposed to eat. (when I eat a sandwich, I eat the whole thing, when I eat some stuffing or potato salad, there isn't a set amount like that).

As for what caused bingeing though, I think it was a few things. I think that I would become reasonably restrictive with my diet when I would try to lose weight, and I think that restrictiveness led to an unhealthy relationship with food, which then led to bingeing. It got to the point where I was either on a diet or just eating as unhealthy as possible. It was one or the other. Now I realize there has to be a happy medium.

To be honest though I used to smoke a ton of weed. All day every day. I ended up quitting along with quitting drinking for over a year and I just switched my addiction to food. It also didn't help that I had a job in a pizza place at this time where I was allowed to eat as much as I wanted for free. So it was a combination of that, along with restrictive dieting to try to make up for it, that led to bingeing.
          oK. I can see where you are coming from now.
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Even if it is ok to eat white glue, paper mache, wallpaper paste, paint and other industrial adhesives the America diet is way out of wack. Read the following article.

Unglued: The Sticky Truth About Wheat, Dairy, Corn and Soy - Celiac.com

The article from 2008 that says Approximately 70% of all American calories come from a combination of the following four foods: wheat, dairy, soy and corn – assuming, that is, we exclude calories from sugar. I don’t think any sane person could disagree with the fact that, that is a lot of calorie to come from engineered and modifed foods.

The article also points out some of the other industrail uses for these “glue” like products:

For one, wheat flour is used to make glues for book binding and wall-papering, as well as being the key ingredient for paper mache mortar.

Sticky soy protein has replaced the need for formaldehyde based adhesives for making plywood, and is used to make plastic, composite and many other things you probably wouldn’t consider eating.

The whitish protein known as casein in cow’s milk is the active ingredient in Elmer’s glue and has been used for paint since ancient times.

Finally, corn gluten is used as a glue to hold cardboard boxes together.

I can’t say I like the idea of eating glue! I know these items are part of a few ingredients that make up glue but think about what happens when you add flour and water, water and cornstarch you get a thick goopy paste so the glue process has started.

These crops are very versitile, I dont think I could do half those things with a nice steak, a piece of fish or a mound of steaming vegetables – I guess I will just have to eat them.
            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
            PS
            Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Thats actually some really good stuff. Don't dismiss it Jim just cause its on Rob's page....follow the studies on that page, its part of investigating a subject to follow the citations and reach your own conclusions if you like.

Comment

• Seems to me Jimmy boy is projecting. He has a ton of issues with eating, tries Paleo/Primal and doesn't manage to stick with it, sees a ton of people with either physical issues or food issues who use both Paleo and Primal successfully. He gets angry and decides to troll this place rather than do something productive. Jim if you put as much effort into getting yourself healthy as you do trolling this place you'd be a much happier person. Don't try to say you're happy no one who trolls is happy, happy people don't need the attention people like you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex Predator View Post

Given the diagnosis technique for determining gluten intolerence is first removing the gluten from the diet for around 90 days, which few people who are paleo even manage, what makes you so sure the real incidence of GI isn't much higher?
                  I removed gluten products from my diet for several months, then added them back in with no problem. I used to live in Italy, and missed my pasta.

The thing is, though, I was already eating a whole foods diet, so "removing the gluten" primarily consisted of me eliminating pasta once or twice a week, and the occasional loaf of homemade bread.

Most people who eat a standard American diet eliminate tons of junk/processed foods when they eliminate gluten. I don't doubt they feel better getting those out of their system, but the health improvements they experience may not necessarily be because they're allergic or sensitive to wheat.

Threads like this are worthwhile, because they encourage people to think about what they are doing with their diet. It may reinforce what they already know, or it may cause them to adopt other changes that give them more satisfaction with their overall daily diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    i hope he gets toast crumbs all in his keyboard.

lol!
                    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      Oh, you are soooo naive. The treatment will be GLUTERGON.....now you can have your cake and eat it too! Thats right folks GLUTERGON binds to gluten so it comes out the other end without causing all those nasty symptoms that gluten does. Side effects may include: rectal prolapse, vomiting blood, psychosis, boils, blindness, liver cirrhosis, and death......BUT YOU CAN EAT YOUR CAKE NOW!

Like this? GlutenEase | Gluten Ease | Gluten Digestion |Gluuten Casein Intolerance
                      Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• Yeah I am still waiting for little jimmy's response to the studies I provided on the Healthy Diets and Science blog. Should be some decent one's there. And you did miss my point on Forks over Knives and yes I know its vegan propaganda. But the data they provide on acidity in the body and cancer is spot on. Hence my criticism of all the data that eliminates meat but not grains and will not reverse the situation and eliminate grains, since oz for oz they are more acidic.

And all of us eat such high fat, SATISFYING to your brain foods and effortlessly maintain or lose weight and yet SO many people gain weight on low fat, grain fed diets, we all just must be superhumans huh? And let's not forget, popular health recommendations are ALWAYS 5-10 years behind the research. Recommending Trans Fats for your heart was the 'healthy' thing at the end of the 60s, early 70s.

Comment

• OMG~ really!! *There's a pill for that*

Comment

• Originally posted by threelions View Post
                            Seems to me Jimmy boy is projecting. He has a ton of issues with eating, tries Paleo/Primal and doesn't manage to stick with it, sees a ton of people with either physical issues or food issues who use both Paleo and Primal successfully. He gets angry and decides to troll this place rather than do something productive. Jim if you put as much effort into getting yourself healthy as you do trolling this place you'd be a much happier person. Don't try to say you're happy no one who trolls is happy, happy people don't need the attention people like you do.
                            Yep, it's finally making sense now.

Comment

• bah, I shoulda known.....of course if its not patentable prescription grade then you know you haven't heard the end of this

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                But I do think it's silly for him to come here and say "You should all eat grains. There is NO reason to do it, but you SHOULD, because I think they are yummy."
                                So then laugh at him in your head and move on. Gawdamn.
                                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Working...
                                X