Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post scientific studies suggesting grains are bad for you here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    This whole black & white nonsense is frustrating...
    Could not agree more. The word of the day is context.
    http://stackingplates.com/

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
      I read in a study a while back (there is no way I can find it now so call it BS if you want because I can't provide a link) that although there are more anti nutrients in these breads, there are usually more nutrients in them too, so you still net more of those nutrients eating the whole grain bread than white bread, just not as much as the nutrition info would indicate.
      Not a study, but I will give you an assist.

      The relevant discussion starts in the "Why typical claims about anti-nutrients are wrong..." section...
      http://stackingplates.com/

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
        Depends on your definition of trolling. I am just making a point that your diet is based on fallacy.
        This is a bizarre thread from a bizarre person. Maybe Jim Hensen's time would be better spent on www.atkinsdiet.com telling them they need to carb-up.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          Glad you could giggle...
          I'm certainly not a Paleovangelist.

          I just think Jimhensen is a twat. I hope he gets toast crumbs all in his keyboard.
          A twat? Man, I haven't heard that one in a while. Knowing that it a slang term for a vagina, I take it as a compliment though.

          Comment


          • #95
            That's cos you're just a big pussy.
            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
              Depends on your definition of trolling. I am just making a point that your diet is based on fallacy.
              Trolling in a forum is generally bringing up topics that stir up people's anger unproductively.

              I don't know what you are talking about with my diet- I eat grains almost every day. I just don't eat gluten.
              Lifting Journal

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                That's cos you're just a big pussy.
                lol, oh YOU!!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
                  A twat? Man, I haven't heard that one in a while. Knowing that it a slang term for a vagina, I take it as a compliment though.
                  Try checking out modern usage... Twat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  "As a derogatory insult, a pejorative meaning a fool, a stronger alternative to the word twit - 'He can be a complete twat'"

                  You obviously suffer from a lack of language knowledge so I stand by my assessment.

                  I'd like to add that you don't make me angry... I simply find you foolish because you insist on telling people who choose not to eat the foods you like to eat that they should eat them... for NO reason other than you think they are tasty.
                  It's really ridiculous.
                  Last edited by cori93437; 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Try checking out modern usage... Twat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    "As a derogatory insult, a pejorative meaning a fool, a stronger alternative to the word twit - 'He can be a complete twat'"
                    Twat is perfect in this context IMO.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      I just think Jimhensen is a twat. I hope he gets toast crumbs all in his keyboard.
                      I don't understand sentiments like this at all. Why not be thankful that there is someone around to offer a contrary point of view? It either reinforces your position or makes you stop and question. Is BREAD BAD so much a part of your identity that having the notion questioned provokes negative feelings?
                      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

                      Comment


                      • Why is everybody mad? I think this thread is very reasonable. Looking for evidence why grains are bad. I mean I want to be sure about something before I throw my life around .

                        Not saying I'm with jimhensen, or that I will start eating grains again, but I'm not against him either.
                        well then

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
                          I don't understand sentiments like this at all. Why not be thankful that there is someone around to offer a contrary point of view? It either reinforces your position or makes you stop and question. Is BREAD BAD so much a part of your identity that having the notion questioned provokes negative feelings?
                          Grains and starch are not synonymous.
                          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
                            I don't understand sentiments like this at all. Why not be thankful that there is someone around to offer a contrary point of view? It either reinforces your position or makes you stop and question. Is BREAD BAD so much a part of your identity that having the notion questioned provokes negative feelings?
                            You obviously haven't read my other comments in this thread.
                            I'm not a Paleovangelist or an absolutist.
                            I think that dietary choices, including Primal/Paleo styles are entirely personal, and it bothers me not if people choose to eat grains.
                            I'm not a proponent of only VLC or LC.
                            I eat starch... including rice sometimes.

                            But I do think it's silly for him to come here and say "You should all eat grains. There is NO reason to do it, but you SHOULD, because I think they are yummy."
                            Last edited by cori93437; 07-02-2012, 01:43 PM.
                            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                              Why is everybody mad? I think this thread is very reasonable. Looking for evidence why grains are bad. I mean I want to be sure about something before I throw my life around .

                              Not saying I'm with jimhensen, or that I will start eating grains again, but I'm not against him either.
                              Mostly because this has been done countless times before and there is nothing new here.
                              Lifting Journal

                              Comment


                              • Scientific Study~ It already going on~ all the people with conditions that require immunosuppressant drugs. I give it another 10 years, about 1,000 malpractice suits and 30 or so class action suits before big pharma funds research and 'discovers' a new disease~ gluten intolerance. And the CW treatment will be *are you ready* a gluten free diet! Big pharma will of course, turn it's R&D departments to the task of creating and supplying a line of gluten free products for the carb addicts they created with dwarf wheat.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X