cant stop eating crap !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant stop eating crap !!!!

i know about the primal lifestyle for like a year alrdy but i still didnt manage to stick with it.. its the other way around, im getting more and more addicted to sugar.
    I think i gained like 20kg (~40lbs) the past year and it doesnt seem to stop..
    My dad has diabetes so im in a danger zone.. even my doctor told me alot of times (even before i was fat) not to get fat because of that.
    Alot of times i told myself to stop eating shit but as soon as i have a chance to eat some sugary thing i forget about it..
    How do i stick with the primal nutrition? for life..

Get started, for starters....

Comment

Cut out wheat and processed foods to start.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Stop buying crap. If it's not in your home, you can't eat it.

Comment

Quit whining and just do it.

(Not meant to be harsh, just a little tough love.)

Comment

Yep, just stop eating crap. Throw it out. Don't buy it. Don't put yourself in situations where you're around it. When you can say no, then you're safe to be near it again. Just don't buy it anymore.

For me, I found that educating myself about what shitty food does to my beautiful bod is enough. I don't WANT to eat that shit now. I know what it will do to me. I HIGHLY recommend you read Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas. She gets into the why biology and chemistry-wise. It's great.
            5' 9" 47 YO F
            PB start June 2, 2012
            Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
            Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

All of the above... You have got to go a few days without junk, exercise some, drink lots of filtered water and you'll start making better decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by saarx1 View Post
                cant stop eating crap !!!!

i know about the primal lifestyle for like a year alrdy but i still didnt manage to stick with it.. its the other way around, im getting more and more addicted to sugar.
                I think i gained like 20kg (~40lbs) the past year and it doesnt seem to stop..
                My dad has diabetes so im in a danger zone.. even my doctor told me alot of times (even before i was fat) not to get fat because of that.
                Alot of times i told myself to stop eating shit but as soon as i have a chance to eat some sugary thing i forget about it..
                How do i stick with the primal nutrition? for life..

Yes you can!!!!

It's a CHOICE.
                No one but YOU can stop putting crap into your grocery cart and into your mouth.

How do I know this?
                Because I also made that CHOICE.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

When I made the decision to change (that's key there - actually making the decision) then I did myself a favour.

I spent one week planning meals for an entire month. Then I ditched everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that did not fit with this way of eating. Then I went to the store and started to restock. Basically, the day I threw everything out was the day I started.
                  Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                  SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                  2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Nobody's forcing you to eat healthy. Do what you want.

And just wondering, how does the bad food get in your house? The magic junk-food-fairy?

Comment

Originally posted by paleobird View Post
                      quit whining and just do it.

(not meant to be harsh, just a little tough love.)
                      word!!!!!
                      Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

For me, thinking about the possible (and for you, real) side effects of continuing to eat the way you do was well and truly enough motivation to stop eating the crap.

So do you like being able to see? How about walking, is that something you want to be able to do? Would spending time on a dialysis machine be something you'd rather pass on? (my father lost a kidney, not sure why, but I'm sure he loved the end result - not being able to hold on when he needed to pee). Stroke? heart attack?

These would well and truly be my motivators! (I only had to envisage sitting in a chair, drooling on myself because of dementia. And not knowing who these strange people were around me, my children and their families)

Comment

Maybe get your hands on some primal/paleo reading material to keep you interested and motivated (and learn WHY this is a better path to choose). When I start to fall off and crave some cake, I try to re-educate with a good read!
                          Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                          http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

Start by stocking up your house with good primal foods. Commit to eating big primal meals every day for a week. Lots of protein, fat and veggies and each meal. By setting your body up with good foods it will be easier to resist the junk food.

You can also slowly transition your junk food. So keep some chocolate covered nuts, berries and cream, and other primal treats around. If you feel the overwhelming need for junk food start with those foods. Your cravings will reduce with time and these foods are free of the worst offenders.

And always remember to have some prepared foods around - make a whole chicken, pulled pork, or whatever and freeze single size portions and keep some frozen veggies handy. If you are hungry and didn't prepare well, you can quickly heat these foods and have a primal meal before you cave in

Remember, you don't have to be perfect! Just plan for some complete primal meals. Promise yourself that even if you eat some garbage, the next meal will be primal.

Good luck.
                            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X