No announcement yet.

cant stop eating crap !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want to have lots of health problems or die or be weak into your old age? Me neither....get mentally tough, you control your brain, get mad that your mind is saying "I want sugar" it's like a little child screaming they want ice cream, you tell it to shut up and eat your vegetables

Comment

Avoid grains; sugar is OK in moderation. Drink some milk, eat protein etc.

Comment

Sure you can, IF you want to. Stop. Just Stop. And quit whining about choosing to sabotage yourself and expecting people to feel sorry for you.

It is that simple. You do or you don't. Either way you choose, so choose and quit bellyaching.

Comment

Welllll, sometimes just stopping is hard when there is a bio chemical reason for the behavior. I like all the practical advice you got. Here's my personal experience of finally being able to kick crap to the curb. The first step was to increase my fat intake to 70%. I used some sort of app to track and went for it. I allowed myself to eat very little carb and just kept at it with heavy cream and butter, no fruit. I did that for a couple of weeks until the cravings had subsided. My only goal was to get the crap out of my system, not lose weight. I would make goody balls out of coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa powder and crushed walnuts and eat that whenever I needed to shove something in my mouth. I felt pretty good after a while. Also, I continued to have a glass of red wine or two each night and drank black coffee whenever I felt like it. I believe that if we are having brain chemistry induced bad eating no amount of will power can over come those impulses. It's our brain for heavens sake! It's bigger and smarter than we are.

After a couple of weeks that way I quit counting the fat grams and found that my fat intake leveled off at around 60%, which I think is really healthy. At that point I no longer had cravings and could begin to fine tune what I was eating. I was able to add in some berries and eliminate the heavy cream, which I needed to do because of a dairy allergy. I have been this way since March, yay! At the end of May I decided I was ready for a whole 30 and made it 3 weeks. I had zero problems with the program, but an unexpected trip came up and I decided that instead of feeling likes failure I would just stop the process at three weeks.

Here's my typical food day now. Breakfast: 2 slices bacon, a scant cup blueberries with bacon grease, walnuts and cinnamon, and a cup of coffee. Lunch: some kind of meat, veggies and maybe a sweet potato with ghee. Dinner: more meat and veggies. In the afternoon I might have some fruit. I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day.

I also found it was helpful to make up a couple batches of stewy things for the fridge every week. I jut heat them up at meal times and I get my meats and veggies without having to try. This week I had both chili and curry in the fridge.

Comment

I never understand these threads and I apologize for the harshness, but if someone whines to me about eating crap, just don't eat crap. Good lord like you really need support to stop eating crap? Give me a break, you're already a member of this website right? Shows you have the motivation. Just don't eat it and stop whining.

Comment

Look it's hard in the beginning. But once you did it for like 2 months you realize how good you feel that you did it (either mentally or physically) and you won't want to sacrifice that feeling for a sandwich.
              well then

Comment

HTFU, that is all.

Tercio

Comment

Originally posted by codered5 View Post
                  I never understand these threads and I apologize for the harshness, but if someone whines to me about eating crap, just don't eat crap. Good lord like you really need support to stop eating crap? Give me a break, you're already a member of this website right? Shows you have the motivation. Just don't eat it and stop whining.
                  I am really happy for you that your life is so much easier than mine. Congrats on being smarter, stronger, etc

Comment

Sorry for the sarcasm. There are really valid reasons why this is harder for some people. Long standing food allergies top the list, in my opinion. Allergies cause many imbalances in body chemistry which take a long time to heal. Also, adrenal disorders and hormone disorders in general really trip people up. If it was as simple as eat this do that, then why do so many people struggle? It's not a matter of will power for many people.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzylogic View Post
                      Sure you can, IF you want to. Stop. Just Stop. And quit whining about choosing to sabotage yourself and expecting people to feel sorry for you.

It is that simple. You do or you don't. Either way you choose, so choose and quit bellyaching.

It's simple. That doesn't mean its EASY. Still not an excuse not to do the right thing.

Do what's right, not what's easy. And quit whining about it. We all have to grow up and do stuff we dont' want to do.
                      Sandra
                      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Most things that are worth doing are not easy.

Comment

What is the longest that you have stuck with it? I still had a lot of carb cravings for the first 3 weeks. Now I am about 2 months in and I rarely think about eating carbs, except fruit. I started very basic... a lot of meat and veggies. Now I will eat some dairy and have tried some of the recipes on here. The truth is its all about commitment. The primal lifestyle allows for some cheating also (the 80/20 rule). Have you read any of the books? I would suggest doing that if you have not. They are very informative and, for me, understanding why grains and refined sugars are so bad for me really helped me to keep away from them. Also... I lost 14 lbs in about 6 weeks with little exercise! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CaveCanem View Post
                            Sorry for the sarcasm. There are really valid reasons why this is harder for some people. Long standing food allergies top the list, in my opinion. Allergies cause many imbalances in body chemistry which take a long time to heal. Also, adrenal disorders and hormone disorders in general really trip people up. If it was as simple as eat this do that, then why do so many people struggle? It's not a matter of will power for many people.
                            Ok, well let's see...I have a rather bad gluten intolerance that was just diagnosed at the end of Feb. This intolerance shut down my HPTA, which has led me to live with pretty much low hormones across the board for five years (thyroid, testosterone, etc.). It has also made my dopamine levels virtually non-existent, which has created adrenal problems which created insomnia...for five years. I actually just began being able to sleep through the night about 3 weeks ago. So how is that for imbalances in body chemistry? And remember (and forgive me) that no matter how harsh it sounds we (myself included) are all here to support each other, but I see nothing but an excuse and self pity in your response, so I stand by my statement. So if you would take it for what it was MEANT to be (sort of a tough love, stop the crap motivator) instead of what you TOOK it to mean (a personal attack), I think you will be on your way, yeah?

Sometimes Nike makes sense - Just Do It

Comment

Excellent way to put it!

Comment

Originally posted by codered5 View Post
                                Ok, well let's see...I have a rather bad gluten intolerance that was just diagnosed at the end of Feb. This intolerance shut down my HPTA, which has led me to live with pretty much low hormones across the board for five years (thyroid, testosterone, etc.). It has also made my dopamine levels virtually non-existent, which has created adrenal problems which created insomnia...for five years. I actually just began being able to sleep through the night about 3 weeks ago. So how is that for imbalances in body chemistry? And remember (and forgive me) that no matter how harsh it sounds we (myself included) are all here to support each other, but I see nothing but an excuse and self pity in your response, so I stand by my statement. So if you would take it for what it was MEANT to be (sort of a tough love, stop the crap motivator) instead of what you TOOK it to mean (a personal attack), I think you will be on your way, yeah?

Sometimes Nike makes sense - Just Do It
                                I read your post as a condescending personal attack as well. Just the kind of thing overweight people have been told their whole lives - you are fat because you have no willpower.

The OP can increase her odds of success by adding in primal foods, getting more nutrients in and stabilizing her blood sugar. Then she will require less will power to be successful.
                                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
                                X