Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has ANY study shown eating lots of meat is good for longevity and health?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KathyH View Post
    Please point me to these studies. I really want to read them.
    Also by the same analogy it is possible to live on grains as well (not alone).
    Here is a famous study that involved the Arctic explorer, Vilhjalmur Stefansson, who spent one year in a controlled (hospital) environment recreating the diet he had lived on while living with the Eskimos (Inuit) in the Arctic for 11 years. CW of the time thought that living on an all-meat diet would be suicide.

Eskimos Prove
    An All Meat Diet
    Provides Excellent Health
    Part 1
    Harper's Monthly, November 1935

"In 1906 I went to the Arctic with the food tastes and beliefs of the average American. By 1918, after eleven years as an Eskimo among Eskimos, I had learned things which caused me to shed most of those beliefs. Ten years later I began to realize that what I had learned was going to influence materially the sciences of medicine and dietetics. However, what finally impressed the scientists and converted many during the last two or three years, was a series of confirmatory experiments upon myself and a colleague performed at Bellevue Hospital, New York City, under the supervision of a committee representing several universities and other organizations."

for the rest of the story . . . http://mendosa.com/stefansson1.htm"mendosa.com/stefansson1.htm
    Last edited by Primal in Korea; 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X