No announcement yet.

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rarely eat pork but I found some ground wild boar meat at Sprouts. I'm thinking either meat balls or a meat loaf. Can't decide which.

Comment

Moroccan Beef Tagine, made with grass fed local beef, tomatoes,onions,carrots, cinnamon,ginger, cumin, coriander 2 kinds of paprika and garlic. It's slowly cooking in my solar cooker. I'll serve it with these delicious Italian squash my husband grows flavored with lemon, olive oil and cilantro.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        I rarely eat pork but I found some ground wild boar meat at Sprouts. I'm thinking either meat balls or a meat loaf. Can't decide which.
        Slow cook it up all juicy & I will prostrate @ your feet. I LOVE sucking down ample wild boar.
        BBQ'd, pulled. Sure whatever... Meatballs?? Ok...!!

My amended dinner outcome:
        Slow baked Pacific salmon steaks w/ an orange juice reduction, wee bit of sea salt & cayenne, topped w/ a simple pale horseradish paste. Steamed cabbage, cauliflower & broc topped w/ melted butter. Small cup of lentil soup (she insisted, it was nice & spicy, Moroccan style, extra cumin). I had a big pile of guac & 2nds of veggies.
        "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
        "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
        "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Mom Isn't Cooking Tonight Default Dinner by Dad:

beef patties on the grill
          onion and tomato slices
          large lettuce leaves to wrap it in
          organic catsup and mustard if wanted

grilled corn on the cob (Mom is the only Primal - didn't partake, but other family members did)
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Sushi!

Raw tuna and avacado salad, no dressing
            Salmon wrapped in Cucumber roll ( nice rice alternative)
            Apple and tuna roll

Comment

Oxtail + chuck and carrots w/ broth/sauce (very fatty broth from the tailbones) in the crockpot, salad of very nice local stuff, little bit of blue cheese.
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by Betorq View Post
                Slow cook it up all juicy & I will prostrate @ your feet. I LOVE sucking down ample wild boar.
                BBQ'd, pulled. Sure whatever... Meatballs?? Ok...!!
                The boar came pre-ground. If I could find it any other way I would slow cook it for you. How 'bout catching me one and bringing me back a slab?

Comment

Prosciutto crudo and salad of raw veggies hold the lettuce plus HM dressing and a dollop of Tesco organic mayo (OK but not as good as Abel & Cole one) and then a mug of cocoa made with Hershey's unsweetened cocoa and organic milk.

Comment

Grass-fed 90/10 burgers w/ garlic/dill havarti cheese melted in the center w/ onions & 1 sliced jalepeno sauteed in butter & coconut oil black pepper & soy sauce. Stir fried mixed veggies. More guacamole, small salad. Twice fermented water kefir w/ raisin, ginger, lime, orange & kiwi infusion.

Did my 3 small lacto-fermented buckwheat pancakes for breakfast(w/ a side bowl of homemade yogurt, blueberries & 3 soaked walnuts). Disappointingly, instead of reliving fond/idealized past memories, I was kind "meh" over the flavor, heaviness & chalkiness of them. Also I got very hungry about 3.5 hours later for an early lunch. Protein & fat, it's what wasn't for breakfast...

Have I adapted & ruined my past love affair w/ buckwheat? More experiments may be needed, as for several months, the most carby things I've consumed have been sweet potatoes, bananas & watermelon...
                    Last edited by Betorq; 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Pan fried Cod fillets in butter and garlic with lemon. Kind of turned out poached actually. Mushrooms and asparagus sauteed in butter with red onion.

Comment

Pound of ground beef, pound of frozen itilian mix veggies and 3-5 eggs (haven't decided) done as a tex mex type stirfry with some fresh chiles from my garden. Only meal of the day so I have it planned out ahead of time for after my workout this afternoon.

Comment

Poached salmon fillet with kale steamed with olive oil and garlic, boiled new potatoes, sauteed samphire and some sauerkraut.
                          Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

3 medium blue crabs, (live when I steamed 'em.) 1 medium florida avocado, eaten w/ spoon. Buttery summer squash & zucchini casserole w/ raw NZ white cheese melted over the pan.

Comment

meat....1-2lbs...till I'm full. That is all.

Comment

Something at Sushiyama in Vancouver.
                                Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                                SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                                2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Working...
                                X