Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aah, Neckie picking on me again, theatrics and all
    Actually, as hard as it might be to believe I don't believe everything I read on the internet. I had seen that a while ago, btw.
    Still whatever is in it, it's in glass. Everyone lnows in glass tastes better.
    You realize what HFCS is made of, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      Aah, Neckie picking on me again, theatrics and all
      Actually, as hard as it might be to believe I don't believe everything I read on the internet. I had seen that a while ago, btw.
      Still whatever is in it, it's in glass. Everyone lnows in glass tastes better.
      You realize what HFCS is made of, right?
      Magic just posted that in a different thread, and yeah I saw it was from 2010 so I really dont think its a big to do. Just goofin

And yes anything in glass taste better than plastic..... and just earns cool points. I prefer beer, but hey if coke floats yer boat...

Comment

• There is also US made Pepsi that comes in glass bottles. It's made with sugar too. Not that I recommend it to new blueprinters, this added for the record

Comment

There is also US made Pepsi that comes in glass bottles. It's made with sugar too. Not that I recommend it to new blueprinters, this added for the record
          Graycat, stop contradicting our stereotypes of Peat-followers being sugar-pushing trolls.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            Magic just posted that in a different thread, and yeah I saw it was from 2010 so I really dont think its a big to do. Just goofin

And yes anything in glass taste better than plastic..... and just earns cool points. I prefer beer, but hey if coke floats yer boat...
            Yeah, I was wondering what the differences between normal coke and mexican coke is (since we don't get mexican coke where I live).

Peatarians still think that regular coke is bad right?

It's solely because HFCS is bad and sugar is good that Mexican coke gets the thumbs up?
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I don't know about cortisol, fertility and whatnot, because I haven't had any of these tested or tried. All I can tell you that my mood is definitely elevated since I added extra sugar in my diet. I have been doing this for over a month now and see huge difference in that regard, even with the regular everyday life 'headaches' that occur every once in a while.
              Contrary of what most people probably are thinking, I don't really consume a boat load of it either. About 4 tea spoons raw sugar, 3 to 4 pieces of fruit, 2 Tb. spoons maple syrup, a bit of chocolate and that's about it on a typical day. Freshly squeezed orange juice occasionally, and I very rarely after an intense exercise session I have coke made with sugar.
              Nowadays, I also noticed difference in my mood w/ a bit of extra sugar. Usually in sweetened ice coffee. Just because I enjoy it so much. On particularly stressful days, I crave it. When not stressed, I don't crave it. Up to a few months ago, I thought sugar was the devil. Since eating primally, I'm sure a lot nutritional deficiencies have been rectified, and I no longer have issues with disordered eating-- I can stop after only a bit of sugar. Before, a bit of sugar would've trigged binging.

6 years ago I had my hormones tested before and everything was fine, but had unexplained infertility. I was only 25. Anyway, back then I struggled w/ years of ED and was vegetarian for awhile, too many things could've led to infertility.

Comment

• Originally posted by paleobird
                "Being accused of Bro-sci by a fan of Danny Roddy, the guy who promises, "Hair like a Fox" to insecure guys. That is rich."
                @Paleobird, why do you say that, have you read my book? Want me to send you a copy?

Additionally, are you aware that there are many (referenced) articles available for free on my weblog? If you navigate to them, in the comments section, men frequently ask if they should purchase the book. My answer 100% of the time is that the newer articles I've written are better, and that they should save their money.
                www.dannyroddy.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  Graycat, stop contradicting our stereotypes of Peat-followers being sugar-pushing trolls.
                  Careful Rich, she's trying to trick you with her cunning reverse psychology.. nek minnit you'll find yourself guzzling a coke
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by janie View Post
                    Rocco-
                    You haven't been posting here long, but most of your posts seem to be so angry and rude. Why so? Just b/c someone holds an opinion different from yours on the subject, is no reason to be insulting towards them. Chill.
                    I don't think they are angry or rude. Did you read the context of that post and what I was replying too? Probably not is my guess.

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    Thank you. Yes, having an opinion different from yours=/=libel,sensationalism, hysteria, or a trashy character. What is your problem, Dude?
                    You're so transparent, I expect more from a mature women. It has nothing to do with opinion, so don't pull the 'It's just, like, my opinion man'. You wrote what you wrote, accusing Peat of this and that and everything in between. I have absolutely no problem if you disagree with Ray Peat - I don't actually have shares in the sugar and dairy industry - but saying he's making a brand for himself off of Primal/Paleo is wildly misinformed and yes, it's sensationalist and libelous, and also tragic for you to imply.

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    I do really wish you'd stop kicking all those adorable, innocent puppies though, Paleobird.
                    So banal, so predictable. Yes, we're just innocent little puppies who simply cannot deal with the powerhouse of a woman that is Paleobird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                      Careful Rich, she's trying to trick you with her cunning reverse psychology.. nek minnit you'll find yourself guzzling a coke
                      Yeah. Cause he knows he wants it

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyroddy View Post
                        @Paleobird, why do you say that, have you read my book? Want me to send you a copy?

Additionally, are you aware that there are many (referenced) articles available for free on my weblog? If you navigate to them, in the comments section, men frequently ask if they should purchase the book. My answer 100% of the time is that the newer articles I've written are better, and that they should save their money.
                        Welcome back Danny! Pretty funny that this thread is still going, one year later, eh? Someone's afraid of the sugar man...
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by girlhk View Post
                          Gibberish aside, I feel like there is some truth to sugar reducing stress. When I was eating LC (less than 100g) up to until a few months ago, I would never have considered this, but the extreme craving for something sweet during stress changed my mind. I would fight the craving w/ high protein and high fat foods, only to get indigestion. About 15-20g of sugar or honey, like in coffee, is enough to get rid of that craving and to feel balanced and, well, not stressed.

I'm interested in this topic especially w/ regards to women. Stress has huge effect on menstrual cycles and fertility, and I would like to hear other women's experience (if any exists) on sugar reducing stress/cortisol. Maybe I should add I'm interested in this topic with regards to women in their childbearing years.
                          Sugar is not a stress reducer. It is only such when your "stress" is; not gettin enough sugar and your body is working over time to produce it.
                          If your a typical supersize me westerner sucking down massive amounts of sugar, then sugar is going to be a stress to your body. Hence the primal blueprint working for these folks.

Any substance can cause the above effect (carbs, fat, water, alcohol, etc) and as such is not inherently stress producing or reducing. It's all about the context and the dose.

Sent from my iPhone
                          A little primal gem - My Success Story
                          Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyroddy View Post

No, thank you, Danny. My hair is thicker than ever on Primal. But I do appreciate the offer. No, I actually don't spend that much time around your blog. Other things to do.

Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
                            Sugar is not a stress reducer. It is only such when your "stress" is; not gettin enough sugar and your body is working over time to produce it.
                            If your a typical supersize me westerner sucking down massive amounts of sugar, then sugar is going to be a stress to your body. Hence the primal blueprint working for these folks.

Any substance can cause the above effect (carbs, fat, water, alcohol, etc) and as such is not inherently stress producing or reducing. It's all about the context and the dose.

Sent from my iPhone
                            Dillberry, would you just quit making so much sense!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              No, thank you, Danny. My hair is thicker than ever on Primal. But I do appreciate the offer. No, I actually don't spend that much time around your blog. Other things to do.
                              If you haven't read my book, and you don't read my blog, I guess I'm a little confused about what motivated you to write the following:

Originally posted by Paleobird
                              P.S. Danny Roddy makes most of his money off of a book and blog called "Hair like a Fox" which sells snake oil to insecure balding males. He is a joke.
                              Please be specific about where I've gone wrong in my pattern baldness research. I'm up for a healthy/intelligent debate about the subject, I know my views about baldness are unconventional.
                              Last edited by dannyroddy; 08-11-2013, 03:54 PM. Reason: spelling
                              www.dannyroddy.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
                                I agree that excessive sugar is stress to the body, and can understand how PB is great for stress reduction. My dad is overweight, pre-diabetic, etc., and I would recommend PB to him rather than taking sugar.

However, I'm interested in how added sugar to my diet, which had been LC, can help. The people here recommending sugar are not recommending huge doses, instead suggesting the idea that sugar is not bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X