Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Danny Roddy recommend sugar to reduce stress/estrogen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by girlhk View Post
    When I'm really stressed I crave sugar and instantly feel better when I have some.
    Of course you do. It hits the dopamine receptors. A junkie always feels great when given the next hit of his drug of choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      10 teaspoons of sugar plus one of honey in one coffee? Really? Yikes. Coffee syrup. Blech.

Otherwise your diet as written there is whole foods and perfectly Primal. It's not what you have repeatedly bragged about around here however. Maybe you like to exaggerate for the shock value or attention or whatever, but you and a few others have given Peat a bad reputation with your "In your face, suckas! I eat pizza, ice cream, gummy bears and coke, SO THERE!" attitude. Plus you have talked about drunken escapades, doing drugs and 30 cups of coffee a day. Plus trying to convince everyone that smoking is healthy.

Cute photoshop pic. Mark wouldn't fit in skinny jeans because he has leg muscles. Nice ones.
      I do eat pizza sometimes, so does Neckhammer. I do eat ice cream, what's wrong with it? I do eat gummy bears(made with gelatin) what's wrong with it? I do drink some soda, there is nothing wrong with it. I have gotten drunk before, so does almost everyone else on the planet. I experiment with drugs, but mostly low dose psychedelics, dextroamphetamines, and various things to stimulate creativity and the mind. Usually I have 5-10 cups of coffee a day, and I've long since become immune to caffeine aside from an alertness and cognition enhancement. Plus, I've learned that it rapidly depletes glycogen, so, in fact, the jitters and other things are just from low blood sugar. Coffee makes me feel amazing, simple as.

I write things left open for interpretation. If you can refute it, fine, but ad-hominems and articles from major medical websites don't convince me. I don't advocate anyone to smoke, just keep an open mind. Besides, I'm Derpamix, not Ray Peat. What I do shouldn't give him a bad reputation at all. My reputation is my own. Just because my nutritional science leans heavily on Ray Peat, doesn't mean everything I do subsequently is due to Ray Peat. Far from it.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Of course you do. It hits the dopamine receptors. A junkie always feels great when given the next hit of his drug of choice.
        This is ridiculous and sexist. She's a womon, not a man. Comparing sugar to a drug, so, I guess eating fat to stay in ketosis is the same thing since it stimulates norepinephrine
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by simonb View Post
          What data are you tracking to know you are optimizing your health?
          Aside from the way I feel? My cholesterol ratios. My skin/hair/teeth/nails/eyes etc... the fact that when I was 24 and "healthy" cramming myself full of whole wheat products and chicken breasts, following some sort of bodybuilding lifting/diet programs, I was constantly exhausted. Now, I'm 34, I feel fantastic, wake up at 4:30am ready to face the day, work out like a champ, look and feel great. I mean, I could get hit by a train tomorrow. But for the rest of my life I won't be eating wheat, seed/veggie oils, soy products, and processed foods. And that's good enough for me

Comment

• Originally posted by simonb View Post
            What data are you tracking to know you are optimizing your health?
            What data do you think one needs to track?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              I do eat pizza sometimes, so does Neckhammer. I do eat ice cream, what's wrong with it? I do eat gummy bears(made with gelatin) what's wrong with it? I do drink some soda, there is nothing wrong with it. I have gotten drunk before, so does almost everyone else on the planet. I experiment with drugs, but mostly low dose psychedelics, dextroamphetamines, and various things to stimulate creativity and the mind. Usually I have 5-10 cups of coffee a day, and I've long since become immune to caffeine aside from an alertness and cognition enhancement. Plus, I've learned that it rapidly depletes glycogen, so, in fact, the jitters and other things are just from low blood sugar. Coffee makes me feel amazing, simple as.

I write things left open for interpretation. If you can refute it, fine, but ad-hominems and articles from major medical websites don't convince me. I don't advocate anyone to smoke, just keep an open mind. Besides, I'm Derpamix, not Ray Peat. What I do shouldn't give him a bad reputation at all. My reputation is my own. Just because my nutritional science leans heavily on Ray Peat, doesn't mean everything I do subsequently is due to Ray Peat. Far from it.
              Good to know you are not completely an acolyte. Your lifestyle, as stated by you and nobody else but you, does not look like the paragon of health to me. There is a difference between an 80/20 treat for someone who is in great shape like NH and making something that is not even a whole real food, sugar, a staple source of calories. Now you are back-peddling from all the Matt Stone-ish "I eat junk and proud of it" attitude. Great. Keep eating your lamb and such. I wish you health.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              This is ridiculous and sexist. She's a womon, not a man. Comparing sugar to a drug, so, I guess eating fat to stay in ketosis is the same thing since it stimulates norepinephrine
              Sexist? Huh? Speaking in the indefinite is not sexist. You are really *odd* Derp.

Comment

• Actually, to me, the sugar, fat, and heroin all hit the pleasure neurons. In varying degrees of course. Heroin, because of cultural taboos is the easiest to avoid. The others are legal, and so it is up to each of us to control ourselves. If I eat a bunch of carbs two or three days in a row, I notice that the amount of carbs I eat starts going up in subsequent days. Same with fat - a few days of fat calories over 60%, and I'm ready to jam a stick of butter into my coffee. So while I'm not going to center a whole movement on it, nor do I think that what works for me works for everyone, protein is what I make the center of my way of eating.

People are looking for easy fixes. They are so hungry for someone to lead them so that they don't have to think (NOT directed at either Derp or Paleobird because I respect them both), that they'll take a blueprint or any other idea or philosophy and follow it blindly even if it doesn't make them feel good. Even if it makes them feel worse. You see it all the time on this board. People asking questions without searching first. People not only not reading the book, but not taking the time to even read the free stuff here on the website. It's easier to just ask questions and then wallow in confusion because we're all just posters, and there are as many opinions as there are posters.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Good to know you are not completely an acolyte. Your lifestyle, as stated by you and nobody else but you, does not look like the paragon of health to me. There is a difference between an 80/20 treat for someone who is in great shape like NH and making something that is not even a whole real food, sugar, a staple source of calories. Now you are back-peddling from all the Matt Stone-ish "I eat junk and proud of it" attitude. Great. Keep eating your lamb and such. I wish you health.
                  Dude, I never, ever followed Matt Stone. He agrees with some Peat things, but I never ate that many starches, and I certainly don't think corn flakes, captain crunch, and overeating indefinitely are ideal for anything. I disagree with him almost entirely. I agree that extreme dieting is bad, and so is an orthorexic mindset, but he seems to almost take a tumblr fat pride stance which drives me insane. You don't need to eat crap to be happy, likewise, you don't need to be fat to be happy either. You should be happy because you're happy.

I ate junk food in high school, and sometimes I would eat it as an experiment. It doesn't do anything bad to me, but I'm in a different position than many people.

Sexist? Huh? Speaking in the indefinite is not sexist. You are really *odd* Derp.
                  Haha, that was just a joke.
                  Last edited by Derpamix; 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    So while I'm not going to center a whole movement on it, nor do I think that what works for me works for everyone, protein is what I make the center of my way of eating.
                    That was actually the conclusion I came to in my calorie counting threads. It works for leaning down. Ketosis is my maintenance mode.

Comment

I also see both Kruse and Peat as taking a few good basic ideas which are not that far away from Primal and then dressing it all up in a bunch of silly folderol in order to carve out a brand name for themselves.
                      You do come out with sensationalist nonsense, and somehow think hyperbole validates anything you write. Hysterical and misinformed.

Peat isn't making a brand for himself, because, as you should have understood by now, he is not selling a brand. He maintains he will never write a nutrition book, or accept the mantle of guru. ALL his articles are free of charge. He's 77 yrs old, and spent a lifetime in research. He will be doing so until the day he dies. Do you really think he cares to make a name for himself? We wouldn't even be talking about him if Roddy hadn't bought it to a more mainstream realm. Honestly, you have an incredibly superficial understanding of A) The work B) The intentions behind it, and C) Ray Peat's character.

Sisson IS selling a brand. Do i care? No. Atleast he's bringing something resembling a decent way to live to the masses. But to imply that Peat is taking anything even remotely resembling 'Primal' to carve out a brand for himself implies your complete disregard for the lifetime's work of a man. What a trashy implication you have made, and frankly it speaks volumes about your character.

I don't give a damn whether anyone goes Primal, Peat, Kruse or whatever - we're all in the same boat here, trying to make the best of a bad societal situation.

Show some damn respect, and keep your libelous claims to yourself.

Comment

• Rocco-
                        You haven't been posting here long, but most of your posts seem to be so angry and rude. Why so? Just b/c someone holds an opinion different from yours on the subject, is no reason to be insulting towards them. Chill.
                        Starting Weight: 197.5
                        Current Weight: 123
                        Far healthier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                          And, Ray Peat has a much better physique than Mark Sisson:

He asked if Mark Sisson even lifted. I look far better in skinny jeans and a skirt than Mark Sisson too.
                          For my money, I prefer mark to thus guy. He looks healthy and fit, like a swimmer. This guy is trying too hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by lea View Post
                            For my money, I prefer mark to thus guy. He looks healthy and fit, like a swimmer. This guy is trying too hard.
                            Thats just Peat's head. I shouldn't really post pictures of me posing now that everyone knows how to photoshop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              Thats just Peat's head. I shouldn't really post pictures of me posing now that everyone knows how to photoshop.
                              Ha! Oh we'll, it's early. I have no idea what anybody but mark looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                ...I shouldn't really post pictures of me posing...
                                good one! lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X