Whole30 for July

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I might do it again in August, Tash, but not right away. I want to enjoy some dairy products first. Like cream cheese. Miss my cream cheese pancakes. And white potatoes... miss my white potatoes.
    ditto. I want to at least see if I have issues with dairy. Then, I'll probably jump right back in. I have so much weight to lose and the whole30 is really keeping me on track.

Comment

• I also think the Whole30 keeps me on track toward my goals. Without the Whole30, I indulge in non-primal stuff like sugar - there is no "in moderation" for me. It's either, I don't eat it at all, or I abuse it. If I'm following a Whole30, I don't eat it b/c it's the rule. lol

That being said, my sister-in-law is interested in doing the August Challenge. I told her if she does it, I'll do it with her. So, I'll probably take 1 August "off" to cure some cravings that are cropping up (cream cheese pancakes, anyone?? Atomic fireball anyone? hashbrowns anyone??), but then I'll be right back on starting 2 August thru 31 August.

Does anyone have any info on the official August Challenge?
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Someone else at work noticed ive lost weight!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nopie View Post
          Someone else at work noticed ive lost weight!!
          That is awesome! Congratulations!!
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• So it's day 31 and I lost a bit over 15 lbs.

Going to stay on plan until Friday for sushi then right back into w30 for August.

Comment

• Originally posted by nopie View Post
              So it's day 31 and I lost a bit over 15 lbs.

Going to stay on plan until Friday for sushi then right back into w30 for August.
              That is so great! Awesome results.

Comment

• Day-11
                I stayed on track all yesterday. No snacking, no nuts, no fruit. Scale hasn't moved in the last few days but I feel I have lost more around my chin area, it's sharper. Down around 4 lbs since my official whole 30 but since i had just lost about 4 lbs the couple of weeks previously maybe why i haven't lost more. Going to keep on track, it's been an emotionally stressful week. I can't change what is happening in my family's life but I can control what I am eating.

Comment

• Getting back on track for an August whole 30. For breakfast I had bacon and raspberries covered with melted coconut oil, shredded coconut and cocoa powder plus coffee. Getting over jet lag and the general funk I always feel when faced with waiting another year to go to my favorite place on earth again.

Comment

• So far I stayed on track today even after being offered donuts, my favorite! I also got an intense hour yoga class done. After stressful and very emotional day, I am going to relax at home tonight. I need some rest because the next couple of weeks will be hard.

Comment

• Day 17 & I finally felt normal and didn't obsess about food all day! I was starting to feel like I wasn't going to make it to 30 days. I also had more energy today. I peeked at the scaled this morning. I'm down 8 lbs. That's definitely motivation to keep going . I am sick of vegetables. I need to do something different. I love roasted veggies, but it's 110 degrees outside. I don't want to turn my oven on.

Comment

• It seems like a lot of people doing Whole 30 are people who keep mostly primal and are just tightening up their routines. I, on the other hand, am severely obese and have a food/sugar/carb dependency issues. I have considered doing a Whole 30 for August. Is that just too much for someone like me? (I can barely stay 80/20 primal without binging on carbs after day 4 or so.)

Any other severely overweight people doing this?

Comment

• Day 12- instead of being down today as I expected with no snacking on nuts and fruit, or higher carb veggies like squash, sweet potato the last two days, I was up 1.3 lbs. Maybe I am having more calories or probably too much salty pork. I was planning on chicken today anyway and some tuna fish so hopefully that will change things up a bit) Yesterday was also a very emotional day with a family member close to passing so some tears were definitely shed I guess that can affect things as well.

I going to give it a couple of more days and if that's doesn't help I will go back to my whole 30 with nuts and fruits maybe I need a higher carb level. I will also try on my favorite capris that I can't fit into right now and see if they fit any better so I am not just relying on weight.

Overall, I have had pretty good energy and not a lot of urges to snack so that's been okay.

breakfast-unsweetened coffee with coconut milk,a few slices of uncured salami with olives and then after working out for an hour of yoga, 1 bowl of pork sausage/kale soup
                          lunch-roast beef salad with homemade mayo italian dressing
                          dinner- bowl of pork sausage/kale soup, small salad with 2 slices of bacon, 1 hard boiled egg and more homemade mayo salad dressing

Other than water, that's what I had yesterday.

edited: okay, I checked and I am approx. 5 days out so might be PMS bloating. I tried on skinny capris and definitely not slimmer at least not around my hips which hasn't moved much anyway yet.
                          Last edited by cavequeen; 07-26-2012, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by heatherok View Post
                            It seems like a lot of people doing Whole 30 are people who keep mostly primal and are just tightening up their routines. I, on the other hand, am severely obese and have a food/sugar/carb dependency issues. I have considered doing a Whole 30 for August. Is that just too much for someone like me? (I can barely stay 80/20 primal without binging on carbs after day 4 or so.)

Any other severely overweight people doing this?
                            Hello! I'm not in the obese range so I can't comment on that. Though a couple of years ago I was just over the line to obese. I didn't lose with primal though. Now, I am about 15 lbs overweight. Though I would like to lose at least 20lbs. I have however found that I have less urges to snack on carbs, the cleaner I go. The less sugar, dairy, nut butters I consume the easier it is to resist family members eating that stuff around me. I do have a family member with diabetes and I myself have high blood pressure as do 3 other family members so we definitely have some insulin resistance that runs in our family.

I would definitely give it a try. It might really help with carb dependency issues. It has helped me.

Comment

• i did 2 months at one point and i was the fittest and happiest I've ever been. I looked great too. I'm going to have to do it again soon because I've been slacking a bit lately.

I'm off to the gym now!
                              Hey why not visit my blog at http://www.weightlossdonkey.com

'Read How I Lost 14 Pounds In 14 Days!'

Comment

• heatherok I have been primal for a long time, but have been having a real problem with bingeing on sugar and carbs every few days. This is bad because I still have 60 lbs to lose. I started whole 30 a week ago and it immediately stopped the binges. Dropping all sugar, artificial sweeteners, grains and dairy seemed to be the key for me. I would try it. Maybe it will be just the thing you need.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X