Got in trouble with my roommate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got in trouble with my roommate

So, I got into hot water with my roommate (who happens to be my ex g/f, but that's a different story). She's been on this real weight loss drive, but she's really lost too much weight. She used to be beautiful, but now looks malnourished. And she's done with ISAGENIX shakes. I've been telling her that she's creating too much of a calorie deficiency, questionable ingredients, yada yada yada. But the other day, she started this blog on Facebook, promoting the stuff, and antagonistic me had to go and post a link to an article against Isagenix. She got furious because I tried to sabatoge her. I mentioned, "well I suppose I could just delete you from Facebook, so I don't have to read your stupid posts about that shit anymore" and she tells me "yeah, and while you're at it, you can find a new place to live."

I feel so shitty about this whole situation. I should have just left her to own methods of weight loss and nutrition. Is Isagenix actually bad for a person?

Probably not as bad as being homeless~~

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
      Probably not as bad as being homeless~~
      Oh Nady, your posts always make me smile.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Isagenic is better than MonaVie, Shamwow, and the Shark Cleaning system all put togeather!

But yeah, you just pissed all over her ideas of getting to the top of the pyramid.

Comment

I'm sure the situation is probably not that simple, but you sir need to get a new place ASAP.

Living with your ex is a level of omega that even my pimply 13 year old self could have only dreamed of.
          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

This is a multiple level marketing deal. Is your landlord selling this stuff? You may be messing with her "prospects" and her $$

Comment

Originally posted by PoppaCap View Post
              This is a multiple level marketing deal. Is your landlord selling this stuff? You may be messing with her "prospects" and her $$
              Yeah. Even if she is selling a comparatively worthless product via unsavoury MLM practices, you were sabotaging her income.

You need to find a new place to live or eat some humble pie.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I'm assuming it's her name on the lease? If so, then yeah, unfortunately, silence would have been a better option. Does she plan on living on this stuff forever? I had to work to find something that listed the ingredients in this stuff, half of which I can't pronounce and have never heard of. When she can no longer afford this or her clients/customers/friends can no longer afford the stuff she'll go back to real food and gain weight back and then you'll have the last laugh.

Comment

You lost me at trying to keep your ex from getting ugly.

Seriously, though, I tend to stick my nose into people's business more often than I should, and I almost never end up helping people as intended. If you want to rebuild the bridge, just tell her that you were concerned for her well-being but that you should've kept your mouth shut. If not, find a new place to live...it's not hard.
                  I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

It is hard for me to find a new place to live. Where I'm at now is such a great house, I can't give it up. Plus, I will NEVER live in another aparment again due to fear of bedbugs. I told her, there's no way I'm leaving. I essentially put my foot down and she shut up about it. Great situation we've got, huh?

Comment

I take it you are a guy in your 20s? Lesson 1 learned on your way to adult malehood.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Yep, I'm 24, she's 35. I think we're making mends as of this morning. I truly feel bad about sticking my nose in her business, but since going Primal it's become so frustrating for me to see people use these stupid alternatives to healthy eating. I REALLY need to learn to not care about others' diets and lifestyle.

Comment

part of the problem of getting sideways with others in talking paleo/primal is that feel you've discovered something that causes you to feel great and have more energy and want to share that with others and develop sphere of like-minded people around you. But since they haven't (or won't or don't care) given it a 30-day trial to experience the same sense of energy they write you off because they're listening to CW.

This way of eating is so contrary to CW, but you're convinced it's right, and you then see people you like/luv eating in such a harmful way you want to pass on to them what you've learned. It's tough when you learn that fructose is much the same as alcohol to the liver and kidneys and then you see a mum giving a toddler apple juice. You end up feeling you have to make yourself a bit jaded just to get along.
                          Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

One of the lessons one eventually learns about roommates is that criticizing the person's dietary choices is really not a good idea. My roommate is a vegetarian, while my partner and I are paleo, and we simply do not discuss it because it just leads to unpleasantness in general.

And dude, that goes double when your roomie is your ex. Of course, I also question the wisdom of being roommates with your ex in general, unless it was someone you dated once upon a time in high school or something and you're waaaaaaaaaaay past any resentments or holdover romantic stuff.
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SixteenDollars View Post
                              Yep, I'm 24, she's 35.
                              She's 11 years older and you're trying to tell her how to eat? Oh boy~ do you have a lot to learn about women!

Comment

Working...
                              X