Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there such a common misconception that eggs are dairy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there such a common misconception that eggs are dairy?

This is something I have never understood.......eggs do not come from a milk source....not even a milking animal. Why do many people believe they are dairy?

Nobody believes eggs are dairy.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

wtf?
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

people used to ask me as a vegan if i would breastfeed my kids because that's dairy. UM NO. it isnt.

as for eggs being dairy....i think i may have heard that a few times. maybe its just an easier category to lump it in??? who knows

oh, and if i hear dieters say" "I HAVENT EATEN A CARB IN WEEKS!!!" i'm going to scream. VEGETABLES ARE CARBSSS

and i think people are just a little ignorant on the food groups and such, which reminds me of:

Last edited by JennaRose; 06-27-2012, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Because, in their infinite wisdom, the original USDA food guidelines lumped eggs and dairy into the same group as part of the 4 food groups. Since then, most people just assumed that eggs were dairy because the gov'ment said so.
          People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarianVX View Post
            because the gov'ment said so.
            You mean the government has published something wrong about food?!?!? Next you wil be trying to tell me the government is wrong and that grains are bad for me!
            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
            PS
            Don't forget to play!

Comment

It's like people who don't think chicken or fish are meat. Catholic church, I'm talking to YOU.

Comment

Yeah, I want to know how fish isn't meat. Pescatarians, you're eating animals. Get over it. And have some red meat.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by friesonmyburger View Post
                  It's like people who don't think chicken or fish are meat. Catholic church, I'm talking to YOU.

I know, what's up with that? Flesh of an animal = MEAT!

I have heard people emphatically state they are vegetarian, but then they order a salmon burger. Hello! You are not vegetarian.
                  Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                  SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                  2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Pescatarians tend to avoid eating mammals due to empathy.

Also there's very little transfer of viruses from fish to mammals. Hence monoculture poses less of a problem to human health on that score where farming is concerned.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

So it's okay to murder fish but not other animals? Why? Haven't you ever watched a pet fish in pain? How is it any different than a mammal in pain?

Well, let's not derail. We can start a new thread about this if we need to.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

LOL my most hated pet peeve--i hate it so much i blocked it out. "So, your'e a vegetarian?" "Yes" "you dont eat any meat???" "right" "BUT YOU EAT CHICKEN RIGHT??"

Comment

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! This one always kills me. My Polish mama would make fish for Christmas dinner.

"BUT MA! Fish is meat"

"NO IT'S NOT SHUT UP"

OMG Another Mississauga citizen?! You gotta be kidding me!
                          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                            You mean the government has published something wrong about food?!?!? Next you wil be trying to tell me the government is wrong and that grains are bad for me!
                            Yeah, sorry. LOL.

My wife is a pescetarian and I do NOT ever question her on it. If I did, she would probably think too much about it and eliminate fish from her diet. She does not like fish really, but she eats it for the added protein.
                            People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

@JennaRose Yea I never understood how you can be different types of vegetarians:
                              Lacto-vegetarians eat dairy products, but not eggs. They may or may not avoid non-dietary use of animal products.
                              Lacto-ovo vegetarians eat both eggs and dairy products. This is the most common group of vegetarians and what most people think of when someone says they're "a vegetarian."
                              Pesce-vegetarians include fish in their diet.
                              Pollo-vegetarians eat fowl, such as chicken and turkey, but avoid red meat and pork.
                              Flexitarians mainly eat vegetarian food, but will occasionally make exceptions.

Sorry vegetarians out there if you are lacto-ovo, pesce, pollo or flexitrain you are NOT a vegetarain welcome to the animal eating club!
                              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                              PS
                              Don't forget to play!

Comment

Working...
                              X