Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there such a common misconception that eggs are dairy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you eat a chimp steak? Do you feel less empathy for chimps than you do for sardines? If so, I pity you.

ETA: OK to be more precise an equal empathy for chimps and sardines.

And I'm recognising that chimps can be aggressive raping mendacious bastards. Other primates are kinder as they less closely related to humans.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 06-27-2012, 03:47 PM. Reason: ETA
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post

OMG Another Mississauga citizen?! You gotta be kidding me!

As a side note, that is in the same county I grew up in. Not that anyone cares, but there you go.
      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

JennaRose - LOL on the "Mean Girls" quote. Also reminds me of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding:"

What you mean you don't eat meat?? S'ok, I'll make lamb.

Comment

Kariberry, bahaha!!! I loved that movie! The bundt cake part was my fav "there's a hole in this cake......"

Comment

Of course I feel the same empathy for the fish as I do a chimp. I even feel bad for eating plants, but we have to eat something! And if you're going to kill a plant, then you might as well just finish the job and open the menu up - I stop at cannibalism, for now.

Perhaps you've never had pets? I think a lot of people who have not kept all sorts of creatures fail to learn how to tell when a fish, lizard, axolotl or parakeet is in pain. Everything feels pain, especially vertebrates like fish.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I feel bad for everything I eat too. Especially when I eat some fruit with a seed. Poor little baby plant never stood a chance...Thus this is the circle of life. Eat and be eaten. It's our turn to do the eating.

Comment

i do not "feel bad" for the animals i eat. jeebus. i stoopidly was a vegetarian and about wrecked my health. the more animals, and the more bits of them, i eat now, the better.

if a lion eats me, i GARONTEE she will not "feel bad". nature does have a food chain, ya know?
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  I stop at cannibalism, for now.
                  In 1972, an aeroplane crashed in the andes....
                  Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                  5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                  Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                  TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                  bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think some Ppl think fish are okay because they are "clean" as in they do not have sex, well not like others have sex. The poor fish probably wants to die, nothing to live for. Just saying.
                    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Probably because eggs are sold in the dairy section of most supermarkets (or right next to it)??? My friends and I were playing Scattergories a few years ago and we got the letter "E" for Dairy items and it started a huuuuuge argument, haha.

Comment

So you've never had guppies then? They get the humpty-hump on all day and all night. Most freshwater and brackish livebearers use a gonopodium to deliver sperm. Fish "do it" plenty.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

So you've never had guppies then? They get the humpty-hump on all day and all night. Most freshwater and brackish livebearers use a gonopodium to deliver sperm. Fish "do it" plenty.

Hmm well all be durn.
                          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Check out the big brain on Brad! Thats right the metric system.....youz a smart mother$%@%#.

But yeah, I got guppies. Them buggers never stop.

Comment

It's "Brett"

A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                                i do not "feel bad" for the animals i eat. jeebus. i stoopidly was a vegetarian and about wrecked my health. the more animals, and the more bits of them, i eat now, the better.

if a lion eats me, i GARONTEE she will not "feel bad". nature does have a food chain, ya know?
                                Yeah, I don't feel bad for animals. I feel reverence and gratefulness. Their turn is over, mine is now. When my time is over, I'll repay my debt in full to another. I hope it's a lion or shark, but no less true if its worms and bacteria.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X