Please refute this professor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please refute this professor

Hi. I'm new to the forums, but a 2+ year primal follower. I am taking a nutrition class for college and asked a bonus question to get extra credit on a test.

This is the question I asked: Can an average, healthy American sustain his/her health by completely eliminating carbohydrates from their diet altogether?

And this is the answer I received: Carbs are the best source of energy. The by-products of carbs metabolism (burning at the cell level to release ATP) are water and carbon dioxide, easily expelled by the body. The metabolism of fat creates ketone bodies. The metabolism of protein produces nitrogen waste, making the kidney work very hard. A healthy diet should have 50% of the calories coming from carbs, 15-20% from protein, and the rest from fat.

Please someone give me the courtesy of running this logic into the ground. I've read Mark's book. I know this just isn't true. But I want to hear it from the community. Thx.

-Pheurton

You would learn more and be better for it if you were to research and write your own refute. Lots of resources right at your fingertips.

Comment

Research the diet of the Inuit indians.

Comment

Originally posted by BobthePhotoGuy View Post
        Research the diet of the Inuit indians.
        And the clinical studies of the Pima Indians.
        Last edited by Nady; 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Word of advice, don't argue with an indoctrinated college professor. It'll only result in an "F".

Comment

Originally posted by Pheurton View Post
            Hi. I'm new to the forums, but a 2+ year primal follower. I am taking a nutrition class for college and asked a bonus question to get extra credit on a test.

This is the question I asked: Can an average, healthy American sustain his/her health by completely eliminating carbohydrates from their diet altogether?

And this is the answer I received: Carbs are the best source of energy. The by-products of carbs metabolism (burning at the cell level to release ATP) are water and carbon dioxide, easily expelled by the body. The metabolism of fat creates ketone bodies. The metabolism of protein produces nitrogen waste, making the kidney work very hard. A healthy diet should have 50% of the calories coming from carbs, 15-20% from protein, and the rest from fat.

Please someone give me the courtesy of running this logic into the ground. I've read Mark's book. I know this just isn't true. But I want to hear it from the community. Thx.

-Pheurton
            1) Do your own work.

2) ZC works for few people.
            Lifting Journal

Comment

How can you get extra credit for asking a question? I thought credit came from answering them?
              Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

paleolithic diet mediterranean diabetes study - Google Scholar
                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

2nding what Catharsis said. School is about regurgitating the indoctrination. It’s great you can think on your own, but that’s not the place for it.

Tercio

Comment

Originally posted by Tercio View Post
                    2nding what Catharsis said. School is about regurgitating the indoctrination. It’s great you can think on your own, but that’s not the place for it.

Tercio
                    Read this to DH~ he replied with a quote from the movie Total Recall ~ * I don't give you enough information to think*. Sounds about right for formal education.

Comment

Working...
                    X