Lean body mass?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean body mass?

I just checked out my lean body mass using a calculator and it said mine was 101lbs. So if I eat around 1g protein per lb lbm = around 101g and fat should be around 49g. This means the rest should be carbs but that means eating about 98g carbs and I am trieng to stay low carb at 30-40g for weight loss. So what should I do as if I bring carbs down to this amount then protein is upped and fat by quite a lot.

WOW, what is your height and current weight? How much do you think you have to loose?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ilovedogs View Post
      I just checked out my lean body mass using a calculator and it said mine was 101lbs. So if I eat around 1g protein per lb lbm = around 101g and fat should be around 49g. This means the rest should be carbs but that means eating about 98g carbs and I am trieng to stay low carb at 30-40g for weight loss. So what should I do as if I bring carbs down to this amount then protein is upped and fat by quite a lot.
      You'd replace some of those carbs with fat.

I estimated my lean body mass to be about the same as you. It turns out that's quite a bit of meat to eat each day.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Sorry ? 49 g Fats ? Why ?
        Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
        (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Yeah, I missed the source of the 49 g fats number too. That's like a 2 oz chunk of grass-fed butter. I'd typically slather that much on a steak dinner with a side of vegetables.

As an example of (I think) healthy macronutrient ratios, I'm currently playing around with mine in an attempt to lean up quickly for vacation. I'm currently aiming for ~200 g fats on workout days and ~100 g on non-workout days.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
            WOW, what is your height and current weight? How much do you think you have to loose?
            My current is 166lb and i am 5ft 6. I would like to weigh about 140lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
              Sorry ? 49 g Fats ? Why ?
              Because it is supposed to be 0.3 x body weight (166lb) no?

Comment

Because it is supposed to be 0.3 x body weight (166lb) no?
                You are correct...the answer is No.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  You are correct...the answer is No.
                  Sorry what is the equation then? I am sure that is what I read here.

Comment

Sorry what is the equation then? I am sure that is what I read here.
                    Well its just the protein...then follow the carb curve....then the rest is fat.

Comment

So I eat around 100-120g protien, that sounds good, then I want to lose weight so I aim for around 30-50g carbs, so my fats should be around 90g fat. Does this sound right?

I am wondering where I read 0.3 to every pound of weight though. I know I read it somewhere, it said 1g protien to every lb of LMB also.

Comment

So I eat around 100-120g protien, that sounds good, then I want to lose weight so I aim for around 30-50g carbs, so my fats should be around 90g fat. Does this sound right?

I am wondering where I read 0.3 to every pound of weight though. I know I read it somewhere, it said 1g protien to every lb of LMB also.
                        That sounds like a solid plan to start with. From there you can adjust if need be I would think. Dunno where the .3 comes from? Lots of numbers can get thrown around sometimes. Can be confusing

Comment

Working...
                        X