Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly hungry in mornings

Hi all,

I have been IFing for about the past month, for two reasons. The first being the health benefits, while the second was the fact that I was just never hungry in the mornings. Now I did have some weight to lose when I started, probably still have some to lose now but not as much.

I was wondering, is there anyone else who suddenly started getting hungry in the mornings again? Is this normal? My activity level hasn't changed at all, and it's been this way for the past week or so.

Thanks

Perfectly normal. Could just be that since you've lost weight, you're getting hungrier more often, happens to lots of people. You could try changing your IF window to earlier or try eating bigger meals in your window to see if it goes away.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

I only get hungry in the mornings if I eat too close to going to sleep (within a couple of hours), or if I don't get enough sleep. I get hungry when I've recently dropped weight, but I get that hunger in the evenings. I dropped 20lbs a couple of months ago and have been fighting constant evening hunger ever since. So, yeah, might be the weight-loss. I'm hoping it just passes.

Comment

I am 3 weeks in and 9 lbs. down and noticed I had cravings yesterday evening for the first time...luckily I grabbed for some radishes and a little cucumber. I was hungrier this morning too...went for 3 eggs intstead of two. I was actually liking not feeling hungry...especially between meals. I hope these cravings don't last.

Comment

I have so am drinking some milk in the morning.

Comment

I started getting hungrier during my 24+ hour fasts now that I am down 70+ pounds this year, but I also put some of the blame on the fact that I increased my sugar intake within the last couple of weeks by eating a lot of bananas and berries. I'm going to do some self experimentation to see if changing back makes the hunger go away.
            I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

Less adiposity = less leptin. In other words, your body is working the way it's supposed to, towards a sustainable equilibrium.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I do occasionally. When I do, I eat some eggs if it is still early-ish. I get up around 4 a.m. so sometimes it is a long stretch until 12, or 1 or 2 (if I am going for 19 hrs) Otherwise I open my lunch window early.
                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I was hungry this morning so I ate 1700 calories.
                  "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've never been able to eat in the mornings. What works for me is a good chunk of sweet grass fed butter in my morning mug of coffee. Keeps me going until the afternoons 1st meal.

Comment

If my last meal of the day doesn't have enough fat, I get hungry in the morning (which is not normal for me). I just listen to my body and eat accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X