Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, sbhikes!

Comment

I still have trouble with binges. I've become an emotional eater since my mom died 6 years ago and I can't seem to shake it. I only do it when stressed. I thought that LR would help then I thought that EMF would work, but none of it has. It comes down to figuring out how to fix your head. Once that's complete, then you can worry about the body. The only thing I know at this point is that I don't tolerate grains well at all period. I may never fix my head at this point in my life but if I can just work on feeding it better, that would help something out.
      Georgette

Comment

Now thanks to your posts I believe I can implement your strategies and give this another shot. BAB (Big Assed Breakfast), not under eating, IF (Intermittent Fasting)... that's my focus now. I did read a story about a woman from - I think it was Barbados...who just kept plugging along...she even kept going through weight plateaus...and has eventually reached a very good place with her weight. She looks great. The forum user stories with photos are a great way to view the changes our bodies go through while our body adjusts to Paleo/Prime. It takes patience and the results are worth it.

I wonder if we tend to be so impatient that we become frustrated much too early in this process...as the gal from Barbados shows that we need to keep moving forward and not pay so much attention to the short term, keeping our eyes on the goal. My patience/frustration tolerance is pretty low. Need to work on that one.

Georgette/geostump...the behavior/emotional part is tricky as I know only too well. So sorry about your mom. I am currently working with a coach doing Cognitive Behavior Therapy or CBT to change some behaviors, including my behavior with food. Just starting, but really think if I do all my homework, this will work with changing a lot.
        Last edited by Emme; 04-23-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

huh, great reading, thanks folks.
          I too have been exploring the kruse thing and while many mornings a bab would be great, most mornings a large decaf with an ounce of cream keeps me sated until lunchtime.
          I intend to listen to my body, if I wake up ravenous I feed it--and look at the previous day's food to see if there's a connection.
          same goes for if I wake up still feeling full--that day i'll have my coffee and a huge salad for dinner with protein.

I understand it's not as much when as what I eat--duh--and as another poster pointed out simple carbs are as addictive as heroin.

thanks for helping me to understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Emme View Post
            Georgette/geostump...the behavior/emotional part is tricky as I know only too well. So sorry about your mom. I am currently working with a coach doing Cognitive Behavior Therapy or CBT to change some behaviors, including my behavior with food. Just starting, but really think if I do all my homework, this will work with changing a lot.
            I've always been one that with the slightest bit of stress eating just gets really bad for me. I wish that I could afford therapy to see if it would work for me, but I couldn't budget it in no matter how hard I try. I just keep plugging along until something stressful hits and then the whole cycle starts over again.
            Georgette

Comment

Working...
            X