No announcement yet.

Wedding ring finger syndrome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my goals was to be able to wear one. Been married for almost 2 decades but haven't been able to wear my ring for a long time. Then we had a house fire and I lost it anyways. So one of my goals is to get a shiny new set
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Mine literally fell off when I was putting something in the garbage. Fortunately I heard it hit. Not only would I have issues with my wife, but my mother and grandma as well since it was my grandfathers wedding ring. It's been sitting in my drawer since last October because I don't want to have it resized yet.

Comment

Yes, last year I was playing ball in a hotel green area while on vacation with my kids. I threw my hand out to the left to catch an errant throw, when off popped my ring. We scoured that grass until it got dark and couldn't see any more. I had 15 other guests, who stopped to ask what I was doing on my hands and knees in the grass, down with me looking. No body found it. The next day I went back out to play ball with my kids when I saw a gold glint in the sunlight 20 yards away from where I was standing. I yelled to my son, don't move, and ran over to where he was standing and there was my ring, propped up on a little tuft of grass like it was waiting for me to find it all along. Now I make sure to take if off, tape it on, or wear a glove if I'm going to participate in sports.

Comment

Same here.

What I've also noticed, I now have veins on my body that I didn't know existed.
          The blood veins on my hands can expand to a scary huge size!

This means that all of my veins throughout my entire body are able to shrink/expand like this...very awesome, especially for the heart.

Comment

Glad to hear my experience is a common one! to think that most of my life, i had inflammation of the fingers (and elsewhere), even when i was at a 'healthy weight'.

Only now - at 37 - are my hands finally looking like nature intended... a very odd realisation!

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
            What also makes the ring come off is that you become hotter to the point that you can do better than your spouse, so you move on.
            So true! Nothing to worry about in my case however - i have been trying to make up for the ugliness deficit with my beautiful wife since the day I met her! still a long way to go!

Comment

Same here. I am still 40 lbs from my wedding weight, but my ring is much bigger on me then when I got married.
              I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

Working...
              X