Wierd look from cashier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd look from cashier

I went to Whataburger today for lunch I ordered a triple meat burger with extra vigges with bacon, chesse and a extra patty on the side ans i told her you dont have to give me the bun and she just gave me this really funny look it was hilarious!!!

ahaha yeah, people are funny!!

one time a wendy's drive through guy practically held my order hostage till i told him why i don't eat the bun!! lawlss.

Comment

i guess i'm lucky to live in the bay area in california... no one looks at you weird here for any food demands. I've seen people bring their own oil into restaurants here and demand that the chef cook with it. The waiters almost imperceptibly smirk and do as requested. The land of the entitled!

Comment

I can totally understand the looks. Dropping the bun in places like that for "healthy" reasons is like insisting on a diet coke to wash down 2 bags of Oreos.

Comment

If your going to eat a fast food burger you mite as well eat the bun.....

Comment

different fast food joints have different qualities of food

some have real meat and stuff, some have chemical patties
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
              If your going to eat a fast food burger you mite as well eat the bun.....
              ohh please. i live in canada. could probably figure out what farm the burger came from if i wanted to. grain fed yes, but the cows probably lived a happy life. 80/20 rule. duh.

Comment

Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                i guess i'm lucky to live in the bay area in california... no one looks at you weird here for any food demands. I've seen people bring their own oil into restaurants here and demand that the chef cook with it. The waiters almost imperceptibly smirk and do as requested. The land of the entitled!
                This person is not lying about living in the Bay Area. It's just like that. We even have a bag tax where I live. If you don't bring your own reusable bag to a grocery store a $.05 tax is added.

Originally posted by sammerb View Post
                ohh please. i live in canada. could probably figure out what farm the burger came from if i wanted to. grain fed yes, but the cows probably lived a happy life. 80/20 rule. duh.
                I'm a little more concerned about the partially hydrogenated soybean oil it was cooked in than it being conventional beef.

Comment

ohh please. i live in canada. could probably figure out what farm the burger came from if i wanted to. grain fed yes, but the cows probably lived a happy life.
                  Then you live in a different Canada than the rest of us Canadians.

There is no meaningful difference between a Canadian factory cow and an American one. We, after all, are the ones who introduced mad cow disease to our American cousins, not the other way around.

Comment

You're fooling yourself if you think factory farms and feedlots don't exist in Canada.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

now i remember why i disliked this forum. you guys are so militant.

it's odd, for one reason or another, everything always seems to turn into an argument.

on my mom's side, there are a ton of farmers. so i know a little about farming, i spent a lot of time on one as a kid. it's not all sunshine and rainbows i can assure you, but the majority doesn't look like a peta ad either. it just doesn't.

soybean oil is disgusting. i know this. why anyone would feel the need to inform me of such things when i'm already on a paleo/primal forum, i have no idea. i've read the books. i'm living the lifestyle. i'm already part of the "club".

and as a result, i'm a lean, fit, happy person!!

so sometimes i allow a little room in my life for a bun-less burger. deal with it guyy.
                      Last edited by sammerb; 06-23-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

it's odd, for one reason or another, everything always seems to turn into an argument.
                        I've noticed that too. It's sad.

Comment

so sometimes i allow a little room in my life for a bun-less burger. deal with it guyy.
                          Nobody gives a shit if you're having a burger, with or without bun. It's your hypocritical mocking of the person serving it to you that triggered folks.

And the even deeper follow-up of hypocrisy of accusing people of being "militant" when they didn't join in on the mocking.

Onwards and uppers...

Comment

now i remember why i disliked this forum. you guys are so militant.

on my mom's side, there are a ton of farmers. so i know a little about farming, i spent a lot of time on one as a kid. it's not all sunshine and rainbows i can assure you, but the majority doesn't look like a peta ad either. it just doesn't.

soybean oil is disgusting. i know this. why anyone would feel the need to inform me of such things when i'm already on a paleo/primal forum, i have no idea. i've read the books. i'm living the lifestyle. i'm already part of the "club".

and as a result, i'm a lean, fit, happy person!!

Not everyone on here is so argumentative, trust me. Happy to have you

Comment

Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                              I've noticed that too. It's sad.
                              It is fucking sad. Just ignore them.

Comment

Working...
                              X