Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grass Fed Beef... How much of a difference did it make to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilian View Post
    Ok that's just silly. I don't think you'll find any kernels of corn in your steak.
    There is a scene in the documentary King Corn where a scientist analyzes the film-maker's hair and determines what percentage of their diet was ultimately derived from corn. That included the meat they were eating. I don't think it is ridiculous to think that corn fed beef could cause a reaction in some.

Comment

Originally posted by kbn1 View Post
      There is a scene in the documentary King Corn where a scientist analyzes the film-maker's hair and determines what percentage of their diet was ultimately derived from corn. That included the meat they were eating. I don't think it is ridiculous to think that corn fed beef could cause a reaction in some.
      It can..I don't know why Kilian seems so surprised by that fact. One of my mother's best friends has many autoimmune problems and has a terrible allergy to soy. She cannot eat any chicken at all (unless she raises her own) bc they have soy in their diets. It definitely comes through in their meat.

Comment

I guess my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. I won't touch grain fed beef. And I've seen King Corn. But I'm curious as to how the corn/grain manifests itself in the animal's muscle fiber to elicit an allergic response in the consumer.

Comment

Working...
        X