This may help motivate you to stop grains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may help motivate you to stop grains

For those of you who have a hard time giving up grains permanently, as if MDA hasn't given you enough reason, then here is one extra bonus reason: Tonight I was going to cook some rice for my kids. We have the rice stored in a specially sealed up grain bucket from old CW days. (I used to grind my own grains and make bread.) Anyway, I found black bugs all in my rice. I looked them up online and found that this is very common. Here is one bit of info:

"Weevil eggs are in virtually every grain product you buy (flour, rice, cereal, oatmeal, etc, etc, etc). *Under the right conditions, they'll hatch. *Once hatched, they will invade your kitchen, finding pretty much any other grain stuff you've got on hand."

And another site said grocery stores spray regularly to kill bugs that hatch in the stores. So, unless you are into that kind of protein (?), maybe you'll be grossed out enough by thinking about eating hidden bug eggs to skip the grains.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Yes, but are weevils tasty if you toast them? JOKE!

Comment

Bet they'd make a nice garnish, like sesame seeds or poppy seeds.

*shrug*

I'm a bug-eater. I can't help myself.

Comment

Now the rice has some nutritional value!
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Protein.

Comment

Well then, free bucket of rice and bugs in GA if anyone wants em.

Comment

honestly, not bothered at all
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

If I weren't so far from GA, I just might take you up on that.

Comment

I have lots of rice, I don't eat it, but my grandma keeps giving us bags of it a few times a year to stock our "end of days" pantry. We're keeping it- it comes in handy if you get laid-off or are in financial trouble.

Comment

I remember as a kid my mom used to make me pour out rice and kill all the weevils that came scurrying out.

While I don't really eat much rice nowadays, I'd probably just look at them as additional protein.

If they were actually dangerous I think cultures around the world would probably be treating it as such instead of just as a pest or delicacy.

Comment

That's how historically vegetarian cultures have managed to eat healthily. By having some stealth insects providing protein.
                      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                        That's how historically vegetarian cultures have managed to eat healthily. By having some stealth insects providing protein.
                        I'm so glad I eat steak and bacon!

Comment

Imagine if you found a cow in your rice one day....
                          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I haven't seen weevils in a long time. Most stuff I get has moths in it. Oh god the moths are terrible. Once a long time ago I bought a box of crackers and mindlessly ate the whole box until the last cracker. I looked at it and there was a moth larva crawling on it. Oh my god how many larva had I eaten?
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              I haven't seen weevils in a long time. Most stuff I get has moths in it. Oh god the moths are terrible. Once a long time ago I bought a box of crackers and mindlessly ate the whole box until the last cracker. I looked at it and there was a moth larva crawling on it. Oh my god how many larva had I eaten?
                              LOL oh that gave me the heebie geebies. You guys are hardcore.

Comment

Working...
                              X