Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck/Goose Fat

Hey.
    I've been wanting to buy some duck or goose fat, but I'm wondering which one taste better and which one has the most nutritive profile ?

Thanks
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Duck fat has an interesting taste to it. I've used it to fry eggs, and vegetables. I may try goose fat.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Duck and goose fat are very similar in both taste and nutritional profile... buy some of both and pick the one you like.
      Duck fat is a bit ducky and goose fat is a bit goosey... if you know the difference in the flavor of duck and goose and prefer one over the other choose that way.
      Even more fun. Buy a whole duck and a whole goose, eat them and use the rendered fat for cooking.
      Delicious.
      I adore both duck and goose fat.
      They are probably my favorite fats next to/just above bacon grease and tallow from cooking marrow bones or heart fat (which I like for completely different reasons/different flavor profile).
      But since I don't have to pick which fat to love... I get to love them all.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

If you eat white potatoes occasionally, potatoes + duck fat + rosemary = win.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
          Frying anything in duck fat =WIN.
          Duck/Goose fat is the sacred ointment with which angels lubricate their wings. *cue celestial trumpets*
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            Duck/Goose fat is the sacred ointment with which angels lubricate their wings. *cue celestial trumpets*
            I shall invest in duck and goose fat for more... lubricating experiments.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
              +1
              Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              +1

Mmmmloooovveeeee potatoes fried in duck fat.

Comment

Yummy schmaltz, add in just a little bit of finely chopped apple and onion and just use it cold as a spread on anything.

Comment

I finally bought Duck Fat, it's absolutely wonderful.
                  Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                  (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

The last time I cooked a goose, I had this huge jar of fat leftover that I used for cooking for ages. I would say duck fat tastes closer to dark meat chicken but goose is a little gamier. Even the breast meat on a goose is a dark meaty color. Both are delicious.

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                    X