Wow, that omlette was epic.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that omlette was epic.

Bright orange omlette made from four eggs from pasture-raised hens, with 1/4 cup of crumbled and raw grass-fed feta cheese melted into it with a cup of locally grown mustard greens, and basil, oregano, garlic powder, and cayenne sprinkled liberally on top.

Just took what I had lying around and made something of it.

I have GOT to do that again.

So, what awesome primal meals have you discovered completely by accident?
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

That does sound great. Not sure I've ever discovered any primal meals by accident...it's usually adapting some other recipe to make it primal.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

That sounds really yummy!!

I actually made myself a new creation for lunch today. I took a can of chicken chunks and added diced dill pickle, red onion, olives, whole avocado, a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt and some cracked black pepper and wrapped that in green cabbage leaves and put sliced tomato on top. It was probably one of the best chicken salads I've ever had and definitely something I will be doing again!

I'm glad I got a little creative because my standard primal meals of grassfed burgers are getting kinda old.

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
        That sounds really yummy!!

I actually made myself a new creation for lunch today. I took a can of chicken chunks and added diced dill pickle, red onion, olives, whole avocado, a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt and some cracked black pepper and wrapped that in green cabbage leaves and put sliced tomato on top. It was probably one of the best chicken salads I've ever had and definitely something I will be doing again!

I'm glad I got a little creative because my standard primal meals of grassfed burgers are getting kinda old.
        I've been doing omlettes a lot lately, but I've been keeping them pretty simple. Tonight I thought, what would go great with this cheese I have? And bam, I was thinking omlette and rummaging around in my spice collection to find a good match.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I too am a huge fan of omelets! My breakfast is always a four egg omelet with sliced avocado, and red and green peppers with berries on the side. So delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by zsz101 View Post
            I too am a huge fan of omelets! My breakfast is always a four egg omelet with sliced avocado, and red and green peppers with berries on the side. So delicious!
            I like the idea of an avacado in an omlette, with a bit of salsa to top it. Maybe some cheese if I'm feeling decadent.

Comment

Steak and cheese!
              Sliced .25 inch thick strips of sirloin fried in butter with onion, pepper and mushroom slices. When everything is just about cooked, throw some sharp cheddar in the pan and stir it all up. I add tobasco too. One of my favorite discovery's -and a fast primal meal too!

Comment

Also love BLT salads with onions, avocado, and primal mayo! Don't think I have explain how to make that...

Comment

Originally posted by machinebynight View Post
                  Also love BLT salads with onions, avocado, and primal mayo! Don't think I have explain how to make that...
                  Now that sounds yummy...

Comment

I always have my avocado on the side at breakfast, usually chopped with some tomato and topped with some lemon/lime/salt. Makes a nice cold side to hot eggs and sweet potatoes.

Comment

I recently took a pound of grass fed ground chuck, stuffed it with some good cream cheese with chives and grilled it up. I've been fantasizing about it ever since.
                      Last edited by Doward; 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I made some potatoes with cheese and butter last night. Pretty basic but good.

Comment

Working...
                        X