Sardines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Graduate in biochemistry from Oxford University.

What are your credentials?
    Never claimed to have any. I'm posting links to medical professor, dr Johnson, who is head of the university of colorado's renal health and hypertension deprt. This is thier latest lad research that illustrates in his book.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Crown Prince sardines in olive oil are now in BPA-free cans in the U.S. (the new ones on the shelves say BPA-free on the front of the packaging). Really easy brand to find in the stores. I'm a believer in supporting the brands that are making the switch-over to BPA-free.
      Last edited by SteveRB; 08-21-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Hi all.... Just a quick question when eating the sardines.... You take the bones and what looks like a spine out dont you?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigolfer39 View Post
          Hi all.... Just a quick question when eating the sardines.... You take the bones and what looks like a spine out dont you?

Cheers
          Non!! Eat the whole thing!!! From the can, with your fingers Seriously, you have to eat the whole thing. A shame they often remove the heads.

Comment

2 cans of sardines and a healthy dollop of spicy salsa then mix well and eat with a spoon, great snack or lunch. I get the Pastene brand cans of Sardines in Olive oil from Portugal. If you refrigerate the can before hand the olive oil coves out as a fishy wax brick so I am sorta confident the olive oil is olive oil. I cannot find fresh or frozen sardines locally and not sure what to do with them if I did.
            Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

Cheers
              Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
              Non!! Eat the whole thing!!! From the can, with your fingers Seriously, you have to eat the whole thing. A shame they often remove the heads.
              Yum! Crunchy! Although what I like to do is drain the can into a bowl for the cats, dump the contents on a plate, and eat it with a fork.

Comment

Sardines are one of my favorites!! I adore them! Always purchase them packed in olive oil! Throw them on salad greens, delicious!

Comment

And to clarify..... You just eat it all?

Wow I picked my way through it lol guess ill just be chucking it all in lol

Thanks all

Comment

Cheers
                    The crunchy bones are my favourite part :-)

I get them either in the little flat oblong cans in spring water, or more often from the Asian food markets in the standard 400g type cans in brine and fish oil. The big cans tend to have 4 halves of larger fish.

I like to drain them and add coconut milk, lime juice, maybe 1 or 2 crushed kaffir line leaves and died chilli flakes to give it a Thai flavor. Heat to taste and eat on its own, over salad, sweet potato or rice.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Wild Planet sardines in olive oil + Sriracha Sauce.

Combine and enjoy daily.

Unbeatable!!!!!
                      "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                        Graduate in biochemistry from Oxford University.

What are your credentials?
                        Nice!

Comment

Sardines are excellent in salads. That reminds me, I really need to eat more of them... the ones in olive oil are best and I sometimes allow myself to have the sunflower/safflower oil although it's not the greatest.
                          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Sardines are terrific. Problem for me is that by the time I find them in a bpa-free can, the per pound price equals what I pay for whole salmon (bought 20 pounds at a time). Since I like salmon about a gazillion times more than canned sardines, I've given them up.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                            X