No announcement yet.

Primal way to treat anxiety disorder.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found foods like dairy (milk specifically) & sugar help me; fructose also. Daily exercise like a walk and lots of fats like coconut oil and butter. Of course protein is important too. Have you had your thyroid checked, I've read that causes a lot of mental dysfunction in people.
    This might help:
    To Your Health - July 2011

Comment

From my experience, diet plays a role in these mental disorders. I had issues with anxiety and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I also had panic attacks, stopped menstruating, had chest pains, etc. I was prescribed medications but I didn't deal well with the side effects and decided to make changes to my life first. All this was about 5 years ago.

I noticed marked improvement in my moods with a more nourishing diet of good fats-- in general, I feel more balanced and stable, and never get anywhere near as anxious or panicked as in the past. I ate a very low-fat diet with lots of grains back in my years when I was most anxious and depressed. I was probably pretty malnourished. Not just diet, but getting enough sleep and rest, and minimizing stress all played a major role in decreasing anxiety and depression. Getting lots of sunlight also helps improve mood. In general, the PB guidelines are great for getting back in balance.

Comment

Not in the mood to re-cap my history. Check out the link to my journal, I am trying to cure my anxiety and depression with supplements and probably nutrition.

Check out "Primal Body, Primal Mind", "The Mood Cure", "Depression-Free: Naturally" for how natural supplements (amino acids, mostly) could help. I found relief from 500mg of L-Tyrosine every morning for 6 months and now I'm trying without. I am able to more easily recognize when I'm feeling anxious now and think I might be able to train myself out of any negative thought habits.
        Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
        X