Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heal a Cavity

To Heal a Cavity:

1. Ditch your toothpaste that contains glycerin (prevents remineralisation of teeth), which is everything you can find in ANY store, with the exception of Eco-Dent or other brand tooth powders, which still has silica (abrasive). I'm still using it but thinking of switching to colostrum tooth powder.

2. Start taking fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil (vitamin K) (Weston A. Price discovered these little gems) and eat grass fed raw butter if available.

3. Watch the magic.

Other resources:

Book-The Perfect Prescription for your Teeth

Brushing Technique
    also has essential oil brushing blend

Success Story
    Last edited by me2; 06-15-2012, 08:01 AM. Reason: added "vitamin K"
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

I started having a tooth sensitivity at one point about a year ago, and I went straight to the farm and bought some raw goat's yogurt. I fnished it in a week, and haven't had a problem with it since.

Comment

bone broth!
      Bone Broths to Support Adrenals, Bones and Teeth
      Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
      http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

I'd be interested in finding a convenient alternative to toothpaste. I'm not about to start mixing up complicated concoctions or ordering stuff off the internet that could be found cheaper at the supermarket.

I've heard various theories but not sure which are the essential ingredients. Baking soda? Calcium powder? Could you just brush your teeth with peppermint oil? Or butter?
        Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
        Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
        Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
        WOE: Primal + IF
        Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
        Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Comment

i usually use baking soda...sometimes just water...and sometimes Jason brand paste. They do make tooth powders...google Peelu
          Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
          http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

I might have to try this. I have no dental insurance at the moment.

I've also been trying oil pulling with coconut oil - basically gargle with coconut oil for 20-30 minutes while getting ready for bed.
            Healthy Bucket List:
            • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
            • Hike the Appalachian Trail
            • Do a real pull-up
            • Run a 5k
            • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously

Comment

Teeth can remineralize and negate the need for fillings. This was observed in dozens of cases by Weston A Price and other dentists decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Drmike View Post
                  Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously
                  There is 0.25 mg of fluoride in a pea-sized amount of toothpaste. The tube advises you to call poison control if you swallow anything more than a pea-sized amount. Incidentally, there is also 0.25 mg of fluoride in a glass of water.

Comment

I put my routine out there not long ago because my dentist was super-duper happy with my teeth. It's not worth linking, but it's what I do for my teeth.

I get one annual cleaning and one annual check up at this point.

Comment

double derp.

Comment

Thank you. This made me laugh. We do overcomplicate things on this forum sometimes...
                        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Going primal, supplementing vit D3, eating vit K2 rich foods and dropping flouridated toothpaste have stopped caries dead. I have a large number of crowns but the decay has stopped.

Can you recognise cognitative dissonance? CW applies to all aspects of health
                          Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

REALLY??? Fluoride is good for teeth??? I think you are selling us a big CW lie to drum up more business. Look at these photos of Fluorosis of teeth. Please explain this to us.
                            https://www.google.com/search?q=fluo...iw=927&bih=477

Enamel stripped away by Fluoride

Article on why fluoride strips away tooth enamel:
                            According to the Centers for Disease Control, 32% of American children now have some form of dental fluorosis, with 2 to 4% of children having the moderate to severe stages (CDC 2005).
                            Dental Fluorosis

If course dentists want us to use Fluoride toothpaste, it generates MORE revenue with MORE tooth decay! And WHY in the HELL are dentists still promoting poisonous mercury amalgums, proven to be toxic. Tell us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, Dr. Mike. The truth is you will be disbarred if you so much as say 1 word against fluoride or silver Amalgums. Isn't that right? If you told the truth your career would be KILLED by the ADA.

Peril is Right ON !
                            supplementing vit D3, eating vit K2 rich foods and dropping flouridated toothpaste have stopped caries dead
                            I also take 5mg K2 tablets & 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 every day.
                            Grizz
                            Last edited by Grizz; 06-15-2012, 02:04 AM.

Comment

I along with many other dentists in this country have done away with amalgam fillings do to the mercury. I can see a mercury free future for dentistry. Unfortunately there are some insurance companies that do not cover white fillings so some patients have to choose amalgam for financial reasons. Maybe someone should question the insurance companies instead of slamming the dentist. As far as fluoride goes it is like anything else. Use it in moderation. If you use too much you can have problems. It is a toxic chemical however when used in small amounts like in toothpaste and not swallowed in large amounts it's fine. People need to take care with children and make sure they don't use too much and rinse and rinse well and they will be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X