No announcement yet.

Heal a Cavity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pulling to me seems like an ancient mouth wash practice... Many oils are anti fungals and anti bacterials. Coconut oil is known for this. I think that's all it is. Swishing for 20 minutes probably gives time for some of that oil to be absorbed into the tissue and for the motion to dislodge gunk in your mouth.

Seems like a good replacement for modern day mouthwash.

Comment

i've been swishing around coconut oil, but don't remember to do it everyday. my mouth definitely feels "cleaner" when i do it.

btw, am a freak about my mouth, gums and teeth, lol.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Drmike View Post
        And one final comment. You can't get disbarred as a dentist you jack ass
        Bwah ha! Priceless
        Ask a Forensic Artist

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
          otzi,
          most folks recommend coconut oil for oil pulling. Thank you for that post. Is sesame oil better than coconut oil? I'll get back into oil pulling. Do you do oil pulling once a day? When is the best time?

Grizz
          traditionally, both oils are used, but it depends upon the individuals' ayurvedic constitution and their specific dental/health needs.

coconut oil is considered "cooling" while sesame is considered "warming." Depending upon the individual's need for warming or cooling, the appropriate oil is chosen.

this oil is used in ayurvedic medicine for everything. In massages, for instance, if the injury in question needs certain "cooling" properties or the individual needs a 'cooling' process in general, than coconut oil will be used. If the injury in question needs certain 'warming' or the individual does, then they use sesame.

Unless you get an evaluation from an ayurvedic practitioner who tells you which one you need, your body will likely tel you or both can be used.

I can use both, no problems, but coconut oil is less expensive and more accessible, so I use it. my friend uses only sesame, as coconut oil causes her skin problems.

So, "it depends."

Comment

Originally posted by me2 View Post
            Why don't y'all start a new thread in which to discuss your anti-vaccine stance?

mmkay thanks
            Agreed!!!

Comment

foremost, i think it's important to acknowledge that cavities probably occur for a variety of different reasons. Gut issues, food concerns, body chemistry issues, cleanliness of a person's mouth, genetic factors -- all might play a part in why a given person has few or many cavities.

Healing these various issues as best one can may help decrease the incidents of cavities and may help the teeth heal as well. But, there are some things that only allopathy can do (i.e., going to the dentist).

It is fine -- and I do mean perfectly fine -- to follow *both* paths. If you want to give it a go to see if you can heal a cavity, then feel free to do so. If it doesn't work, then get the appropriate medical care.

I assume that most people are intelligent enough to know this and make these decisions for themselves, and therefore wholly reject the idea that "it is dangerous and irresponsible!" to talk about these sorts of alternatives that do actually work for people. Peopl care responsible for their own choices. If that leads to danger and irresponsibility on their part, over their own health and lives, then that is *their stuff*. It is not my responsibility to police what I say and do just because some random, unknown person may be an idiot.

Comment

I have been oil pulling for two weeks with organic coconut oil...my whole family is now oil pulling bc of how much nicer my teeth look. Primal win.

Comment

Working...
                X