No announcement yet.

Heal a Cavity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing. Anything the CDC says has to be questioned. After all they still won't admit that there is any link between vaccines and autism despite the overwhelming increase in autism in this country and the increase in childhood vaccines. If you think fluoride is bad what to you think is in all of those life saving vaccines. Thimeresol, mercury arsenic anti freeze to name a few.

Comment

And one final comment. You can't get disbarred as a dentist you jack ass

Comment

Debate the merits/evils of fluoride and glycerine all you want, I've already made my mind up about this based on empirical evidence I've seen with my own eyes.

I've seen stone age skulls (had the honour of handling them, in a university archaeology class), that had very worn down teeth, but with statistically fewer cavities than modern people. Many of them also had fossilised cementum on their teeth which means they didn't use anything to clean their teeth at all, no brushing or flossing in those days. They ate starchy foods and fruit, but they didn't have modern toothpaste, so there's definitely something funny going on when I, a regular brusher/flosser, have more cavities than an actual stone age dude who never brushed.

Of course I am not going to be just like Grok and go around with a mouth full of cementum, I don't like to have have fuzzy teeth! I just want to know what does actually get your teeth clean, with minimal damage. Could I just use an essential oil to lubricate the brush? Or do I need to use baking soda as well?
        Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-15-2012, 07:29 AM.
        Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
        Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
        Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
        WOE: Primal + IF
        Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
        Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Comment

I use Dr.Ellie's Complete Mouthcare System and in combination with Primal eating I have seen great improvement (that I couldn't get with Primal eating/supplementation alone) in my disastrous mouth. I still need to have a couple root canals and and extractions because of some of the damage was too far gone but I think the xylitol and dilute flouride rinse have been really helpful in helping keep my saliva "alkaline" enough for my teeth to heal a bit aided greatly by the copious vitamins and minerals Primal eating supplies me. I think if your mouth was generally healthy before starting Primal then diet alone can help you maintain that good oral health but if you had issues like me sometimes you need a bot of extra assistance and this was coming from someone who thought fluoride and commercial toothpaste were "teh devilz" and to be avoided at all costs but in desperation I began using them and my results don't lie so for now I'm sticking with what is working and unfortunately the baking soda, coconut oil, tooth powder, etc, just weren't cutting it for me.

If you don't want to use commerical toothpaste you could try rinsing your mouth with salt water, then brushing with a soft toothbrush (with or without baking soda) and then rinsing with a xylitol rinse.

Comment

Originally posted by Drmike View Post
            One more thing. Anything the CDC says has to be questioned. After all they still won't admit that there is any link between vaccines and autism despite the overwhelming increase in autism in this country and the increase in childhood vaccines. If you think fluoride is bad what to you think is in all of those life saving vaccines. Thimeresol, mercury arsenic anti freeze to name a few.
            The cause of autism, ADD & ADHD has been linked to iodine deficiency in the womb. Pregnant women should be getting much more iodine than they are.
            What Started our Health Epidemic in the 70s? Iodine Deficiency - Iodized Salt is Ineffective

Also my younger son went to the dentist 2 years ago and his dentist tried to talk him into a mercury amalgum. My son had to DEMAND a non mercury filling. The dentist warned him these other fillings are MUCH more expensive. My son told him "I don't care what they cost, NO MERCURY.

Why was this dentist trying to push mercury on my son? Was he lazy? Was he trying to make less money? It makes no sense. Perhaps you have some ideas?

Grizz

Comment

fluoride is bad for our thyroid as well...so I guess pick your poison. I refused giving fluoride drops to my kiddos from infancy (I think this is a crazy practice!) So far we are cavity free at 6 and 8 years old...but many of their friends have had multiple fillings and even capped baby teeth. We have also been gluten and dairy free since my 6 year old was born. Kids still eat grains, but not the crazy amounts in SAD.
              Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
              http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

Ok this is just friggin stupid already. I am a dentist so I know a bit about teeth and toothpaste. Just use any fluoride toothpaste and get regular checkups every 6 months. If you have a cavity get it filled. There are no magic potions to heal a cavity. I am all for primal but sometimes people make things too complicated. Just brush your teeth and see a dentist every 6 months ( and floss) that's it nice and simple. The fluoride in toothpaste won't hurt you unless you plan on swallowing a large amount of it. This is what rinsing and spitting are for. What's next primal floss. Seriously
                I would strongly suggest reading Dr. Weston A Price's work. Jack Kruse was a dentist and explained that NO other dentists he knew had ever heard of Dr. Price. It is unfortunate that we have not been given all the information we deserve.

As they say, the proof is in the pudding. I am literally watching a cavity disappear. I will return to my dentist once it is gone and watch his jaw drop.

Fluoride is horrid and should be avoided whenever possible, even the ADA says so!

ADA study confirms dangers of fluoridated water, especially for babies
                Scientists, Doctors and Researchers warn of fluoridated water dangers
                The Case Against Fluoride with Paul Connett 10/11 by Underground Wellness | Blog Talk Radio
                Dangers of Fluoride and Fluoridation
                Fluoride is Good for You! | Underground Wellness

It would be so incredible if primal minded dentists like you would start disseminating this information and using it in your practice.
                Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

Oh FFS---there is no link between vaccines and autism. You are officially being obtuse.

I just love people who are into conspiracy theories. They are so amusing.....

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzylogic View Post
                    Oh FFS---there is no link between vaccines and autism. You are officially being obtuse.

I just love people who are into conspiracy theories. They are so amusing.....
                    Dr. Natasha Campbell-Mcbride says that it is not the vaccinations, it's gut dysbiosis that causes children to not be able to properly process inoculations. There immune systems are compromised and do not process vaccines in a predictable way. Not that I think vaccines are the cat's pajamas to start with.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Comment

C'mon, don't tell people that they can heal cavities by using a particular kind of toothpaste. Sure, maybe using certain methods can reduce sensitivity, but if you have a cavity, go see your dentist and get it filled! Then you can try different experiments with which toothbrushing methods you like best. I always feel that posts like this are a tad irresponsible in that they encourage gullible people to not seek medical care when they really should.

Comment

Toothpaste alternatines:

Essential oil blend (I'm sure you could make your own)
                        Colostrum tooth powder
                        Peelu Tooth powder
                        Cleef recommends unscented neem oil bar soap
                        Make your own- not convinced that xylitol is good.

Remember everything you put in your mouth will end up in your body, even if you don't swallow it.

Comment

Originally posted by palebluedots View Post
                          C'mon, don't tell people that they can heal cavities by using a particular kind of toothpaste. Sure, maybe using certain methods can reduce sensitivity, but if you have a cavity, go see your dentist and get it filled! Then you can try different experiments with which toothbrushing methods you like best. I always feel that posts like this are a tad irresponsible in that they encourage gullible people to not seek medical care when they really should.
                          You are correct, you cannot heal a cavity by changing your toothpaste. Changing your toothpaste allows teeth to remineralize, which is an important factor. You also need a healthy immune system in addition to high levels of vitamin K. As I stated before many people have done this.

Forgotten tooth decay cure : heal your cavities and prevent root canals
                          How to heal a cavity naturally and nutritionally without the need for 'drilling and filling'
                          Let Your Teeth Heal Themselves
                          Whole Health Source: Reversing Tooth Decay

Additionally as I mentioned before I am going to a dentist, and I am not encouraging people to forgo their dental health. I'm just giving them information so that they are informed consumers.
                          Last edited by me2; 06-15-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Go to mothering.com, where all these people are trying to fix the cavities their kids got from nursing all night, and they are trying the same thing. After a while, they all post non-success, and the kids go to the dentist for repair.

Comment

I cannot speak for another dentist but I have stopped using amalgam filliings period. I have many irate patients who don't want to pay extra for white fillings when their insurance only covers silver. I will try to explain the dangers of silver fillings and if they aren't convinced then they can go somewhere else. As far as autism goes I'm going to keep it short and sweet. My son was developing normally. Then he had his 18 month series of vaccines and 24 hours later he displayed "autism like symptoms". Then was later diagnosed with autism. I saw it with my own eyes so don't tell me it's caused by iodine deficiencies. Vaccines play a major role in triggering autism. They may not cause autism but they are without any doubt a trigger

Comment

To fuzzy logic whoever you are. I would like to invite you to my house so you can watch videos of my son before and after his 18 month vaccines to see what a difference ther is. He went from a normal child to a zombie staring at the wall one day after his vaccines. There is no autism in Amish communities and also no vaccines. Since vaccines have increased now 1 in 84 boys will be diagnosed with autism. It must all be a big coincidence The former head of the CDC even said any insult to a developing child such as a fever or a vaccine can trigger autism like symptoms. Go check it out it's on YouTube. If you are still not convinced then you can go F yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X