No announcement yet.

Dude, I stink.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second the salt crystal deodorants. They last forever and work very well.

Dude, why aren't you pounding down eggs post-workout? Even Mark had an article about putting on muscle for hard-core gainers, and he even suggests a dozen eggs per day!

DUDE! You could make a wicked omelette with a ton of eggs, some tomatoes, onions, garlic, spinach, black olives and maybe some goat cheese on top. Cooked in butter.

BOOM!

I'm also trying to picture an Irish bodybuilder saying 'dude'. It's kinda hard, but not impossible. Still frakin' funny.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      It's a rock, dude. It's a manly, bacteria-killing rock. You moisten it, rub it on your pits, grunt a few times, headbutt the bathroom door open, and go about your day.
      With instructions like that I'm surprised I'm not using it already.

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      I am saddened trying to imagine a life like yours where everything you eat is so disgusting and supplemental. Sticks of butter? Butter should enhance a meal, not be a meal. Chicken in a glass with a straw? It's a lot better on a plate.
      Keep in mind that this is a post-workout shake. I have to put down around 4-5+k calories a day, totally dependant upon training schedule, so I eat a bunch of times a day. I enjoy my other meals... Well, I try to.

Originally posted by patski View Post
      Dude, why aren't you pounding down eggs post-workout? Even Mark had an article about putting on muscle for hard-core gainers, and he even suggests a dozen eggs per day!

DUDE! You could make a wicked omelette with a ton of eggs, some tomatoes, onions, garlic, spinach, black olives and maybe some goat cheese on top. Cooked in butter.

BOOM!

I'm also trying to picture an Irish bodybuilder saying 'dude'. It's kinda hard, but not impossible. Still frakin' funny.
      I eat about a dozen eggs a day. Just not post-workout. Well, the meal AFTER the post workout meal normally has eggs, but not right after. I may need to incorporate a flow chart for clarity. My stomach tends to be a bit raw after training and pushes out raw eggs like a bouncer throwing out dudes wearing sandals in a nightclub, so I have to wait a bit before eating them.

My breakfast looks like a chicken abortion clinic after spring break if that makes you feel any better.
      I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by Danielle5690 View Post
        Wow, a chicken smoothie sounds positively disgusting. I hope you're not serious. Coconut milk is a beautiful thing, you'll thank me.
        Totes serious. Boil chicken, puree chicken, drink chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
          Totes serious. Boil chicken, puree chicken, drink chicken.
          Sad thing is I've tried this in the past. Its horrible. If you really need that much protein I'd just make sure my whey shakes were of good quality without other crap ingredients. I know....not "totally whole food" , but hell Mark sells em.

Comment

I'm going to go across the grain and suggest that you continue with your protien levels as they are but start a supplement like HCI (Betaine Hyrdochloride). I don't know how old you are or how long you've been eating high protien but chances are that your stomach acid is lower than is was when you started. Just because of age and protien does take a lot of acid to break down. Do a little research on HCI supplements and try that out. Right now, I'd say you're just not processing your protiens as efficiently as you used to which is increasing the amount of biproducts. Are you finding that you're really gassy as well? Does your morning movement really stink? All symptoms of lowered HCI.

You need the protein for the mass. You're sitting at 260 cutting to 245 you're going to need at minimum 350-475 grams protien daily. That's just the facts. However, if you're not processing it properly, you're definitely not getting the best results. HCI supplements may be the best and cheapest investment that you've ever made. You obviously spend copious amounts of money on food, add the HCI and save some money.

Oh and ya ande good saturated and omega 3 fats.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Will View Post
              I'm going to go across the grain and suggest that you continue with your protien levels as they are but start a supplement like HCI (Betaine Hyrdochloride).

Is that the same as HCL?

Also, thank you for being the first one to understand my protein needs. As for what you were saying that makes total sense. I'm 31, so not old, but I've been eating and training like this since I was 17. I used to have "morning movements" that you could set your watch to, now I'm gassy as all hell and random like a schizophrenic ventriloquist.

I'll look into getting some supplements. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Dude, it's the broccoli. Three to five cups a day? The give away is the 'oniony' smell. Both of those have a lot of sulphur compounds, which are coming out through your skin. The same thing can happen to heavy garlic eaters. I love the broccoli too, but that may be your problem there. HTH

Comment

Hi.

Pretty much agree with much of what's been said (high protein/ cruciferous veg (broccoli), get some alums rock/rock crystal deodorant and Betaine hydrochloride); and when I noticed I was having gas trouble I incorporated some systemic/digestive enzymes (pretty much the same as BHCL but covers more bases.)

all the best
                  All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

[QUOTE=NicMcCool;873179]Is that the same as HCL?

Yes it is. Sorry about that I forgot what is was called and looked at my bottle that says HCl. Lower case L. That's the stuff. As for understanding your protien needs, that's what I do! Typically our stomach acids get lower in our late 20's anyway. Low stomach acid has been linked to all sorts of ailments. I've found with both myself and my clients that it helps a lot. You have to do some self testing to get it right but once you do, you'll see some pretty significant changes.

Comment

Here's a good link that explains the progression for you.

Betaine HCL supports the stomach's production of hydrochloric acid and protein digestion

Comment

Originally posted by labmonkey View Post
                        Well now I just can't help myself (hey, someone else reading might be interested )

1/2 cup of coconut oil
                        1tbsp of baking soda
                        1tbsp of corn starch
                        1tbsp of Vodka
                        essential oil (optional)
                        I was interested! Therefore thanks Labmonkey I made a version using only coconut oil, Absolute vodka (was what I had) and some bakong soda. Works like a charm, but I'm propably not stinking as much as our irish dude

By the way, I like this post a looot! NicMcCool, you really got funny bones (maybe because of lack of D-vitamin due of all the rainy weather in Ireland ehem).
                        Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Originally posted by Tercio View Post
                          Dude, it's the broccoli. Three to five cups a day? The give away is the 'oniony' smell. Both of those have a lot of sulphur compounds, which are coming out through your skin. The same thing can happen to heavy garlic eaters. I love the broccoli too, but that may be your problem there. HTH
                          Broccoli is the Ford Falcon of vegetables, dude. Can't cut it out.

You have to do some self testing to get it right but once you do, you'll see some pretty significant changes.
                          Purchased a bottle of magic pills on the intrawebs last night. Should be here in 5-7 days. I'll keep you posted once I start in on 'em. Thanks again.

Comment

I should have mentioned, you should probably get 3 or 4 bottles. It's going to take a while to get your stomach back in order again.

Comment

I should have mentioned, you should probably get 3 or 4 bottles. It's going to take a while to get your stomach back in order again.
                              Noted.

In the meantime my dude suggested homemade lemonade with ginger. It's actually helped a bit. Not real sure why. Probably magic or witchery.

Comment

Working...
                              X