Dude, I stink.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Funny how quickly you went from 100% primal to ...

Just saying, let's call a spade a spade.

What do you smell like? Might help if we had more information. Do you smell like cat piss? Then I vote for the ammonia.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got me. Let's call it 95%. I figured the mere fact that I spend the majority of my time picking up heavy things a sleeping in the sun made up for it.

And now, not so much cat piss, more onion. Kind of a onion farm in the middle of summer stank.

Maybe it's totally normal, I've just never smelled bad before.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
      This is I'll definitely try.

Wait... are you saying if I throw on some Pinaud Clubman man-scent your wife will like me too?
      Ha ha, you little joker. Well....as they say, "results may vary" from woman to woman.
      "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

There's nothing particularly primal about excessive hypertrophy though, so you might have to deviate in these ways.
        This I 100% don't agree with. I train for strongman, bodybuilding is just a byproduct. Due to the fact that I'm completely natural (no steroids, no HGH, no weird semi-legal supplements like deer antler powder), I can argue that the body's potential to grow to my size is purely a result of evolution. I still sprint, I still swim, I'm still highly flexible, I'm just strong as well.

Who's to say that if Grok were given ample amounts of food and a few heavy stones to throw around he wouldn't be big as well?

Comment

I should have probably mentioned (before it became blaringly apparent) that Iím not a genius when it comes to nutrition ...
          You make up for it by being a damned entertaining and funny writer though. Is that your day job by any chance?

Comment

Try adding some raw fermented veggies into your diet.
            And don't be so hard on hippies.
            I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

This I 100% don't agree with. I train for strongman, bodybuilding is just a byproduct. Due to the fact that I'm completely natural (no steroids, no HGH, no weird semi-legal supplements like deer antler powder), I can argue that the body's potential to grow to my size is purely a result of evolution. I still sprint, I still swim, I'm still highly flexible, I'm just strong as well.

Who's to say that if Grok were given ample amounts of food and a few heavy stones to throw around he wouldn't be big as well?
              You don't think our ancestors had ample food and plenty of heavy stuff to lift if they wanted to? Stick to the weights, leave the anthropology to Marshall Sahlins.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Coconut oil! As much as you can. And get yourself to a doctor to check this out. Strong weird smells can mean an infection or some such.

Comment

You don't think our ancestors had ample food and plenty of heavy stuff to lift if they wanted to? Stick to the weights, leave the anthropology to Marshall Sahlins.

No (hence the IF), and yes. Also we have to assume that the correlation of progressive weight training and muscle growth wouldn't have occurred to them.

And as for your flippant response of "stick to weights blah blah blah" I mentioned earlier that I wasn't schooled in nutrition, and it wasn't until recently that I decided to look into it (it was my idea originally to convince my nutrionist to let me try the PB), but that does not necessarily mean I don't have knowledge in other areas. I've read Marshall Sahlins' work. I took plenty of anthropology classes in college. You must not realize that bodybuilders, strongmen, "meatheads" are all obsessed with anthropology specifically physiology and our attempt to "max out" our genetic predispositions.

Originally posted by Comma View Post
                  Coconut oil! As much as you can. And get yourself to a doctor to check this out. Strong weird smells can mean an infection or some such.
                  You're the second person to say that. I'll pick some up in between clients this evening. Thanks!

Comment

Please don't tell me to make my own deodorant, I don't have time for that hippie-dippie nonsense.
                    Well now I just can't help myself (hey, someone else reading might be interested )

1/2 cup of coconut oil
                    1tbsp of baking soda
                    1tbsp of corn starch
                    1tbsp of Vodka
                    essential oil (optional)

Coconut oil on it's own does not work for me at all. I've been off deodarant for a few months, tried the coconut oil first but, still stunk (co-workers never notice but hubby did...and his nose isn't that great...although he has a hard time staying out of my personal space ) So I found this squirrelin' around on Pinterest and thought, what the hell, let's try it. And Voila.

Anywho, I'm thnking that no matter how much homemade deodarant you put on your pitts, or coconut oil for that matter you'll probably still stink. I mean, you're taking 3 showers a day that should do it. It's gotta be what you're eating or it's some sort of fungus.

Comment

1, are you in ketosis?

2, if yes, are you drinking enough water to flush the stink out?
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                        i do believe that's ammonia from excess protein.
                        I totally second this opinion. You are eating WAY too little fat - in primal (and paleo) eating, fat is the preferred fuel, not protein. Protein in excess can indeed be dangerous to your kidneys.

While I think that the dude is a dickhead, you might benefit from reading and using Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible (anthonycolpo dot com).

Markus

Comment

You make fun of hippies,
                          I had no soap on me for weeks now
                          I smell effin' great.
                          Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Watch out, cos there are plenty of people who do like Gilleh does stink like crazy, and no one tells them OR they're too dense/oblivious to get it when folk do tell them. Here's hoping you're in the minority that gets away with it without significant odor, Gilleh - I'll take your word for it. My former housemate did what you do and routinely hotboxed the whole flat with armpitcrotchmeatstank, because apparently bathing is akin to vanity and every polite offer about washing her jackets and towels for her went skipping on past.

My 2cents - cut back a bit on the meat and swap in some fat and carbs as per what everyone else has already said, plus wash your towels and sheets frequently (so as to avoid having starter cultures of bacteria on the fabrics you're putting near your body) and try adding something bacteriostatic like Pit Rok to your antiperspirant/deodorant routine. Most of the worst odor people get is microbially, not endogenously, produced, which is why I think Gilleh's strategy works for only a fair and lucky few.

Comment

Banana, I share my small office with my superior, a very blunt man
                              I asked him if I smell. Asked my family too
                              They don't smell anything.
                              I mentioned 'em I stopped using deodorant, my superior said "I bet you don't smell bad because you don't eat bread!"
                              Yet to tell him that I ditched the soap top.. he's gona freak.

My point is, ask people you trust.

Comment

I do wash myself with water once to twice a day..

Comment

Working...
                                X