No announcement yet.

Give me links to why ephedrine is bad.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really big on suggesting drugs, especially for weight loss but since you mentioned focus you can read up (and apply your common sense and reasoning) and look into 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. It may or may not be right for you.

1,3 Dimethylamylamine (not recommending this site or any products there, just came up early on google)
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Ephedrine was banned in the US because people misused and abused it with previous health conditions. It's still available all over the world without people dying from it.

Just so you're aware, pseudoephedrine (found in a lot of OTC medications) is a derivative of ephedrine with all the same effects but it is NOT banned in the US nor is it causing heart attacks etc. If it was such a dangerous active ingredient, it would be removed from the shelves.

Comment

I love how this started from a 'debate with a friend' to 'i might need it for my ADD'....#justsayin #lilmorningcrankiness

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
          Sakura, IF you have ADD and you are interested in persuing medication to help it, I would suggest looking into Dexedrine, which is a form of amphetamine. My husband is prescribed Dexedrine for his ADD, and since he doesn't like the idea of being medicated, he takes it sparingly (when he REALLY needs to focus on something important). It completely eliminates his hunger, so he always eats a huge meal before taking it, otherwise he won't want to eat all day. It's also prescribed for obesity and depression (since it acts on dopamine levels). I have a prescription for Dexedrine also, but for my chronic fatigue, not ADD. When taken in small doses there's little to no shakiness/racing heart, which is common with other ADD rx like Adderall (which he and I both tried and decided that it sucks).

However, I personally wouldn't use amphetamine/ephedrine for weight loss, because I think that the people who use it for this purpose tend to end up with very poor body composition (skinny fat). I'll ask my husband if he can find and forward some info about the negative effects of regular ephedrine use.
          Personally, and yes, everyone is different, I would suggest avoiding amphetamines at all costs. I was on them and I lost weight. I was not skinny fat because I was very active. After stopping 3 months ago I have tried to be very careful with my diet. Admittedly my activity has gone down, but I am just now starting to get energy levels back somewhat. I gained 15lbs that is refusing to budge. I had my BF measured too and it went from 18-24%. I feel like no matter what I do, at this point, the best I can hope for is to not gain more. None of my clothes fit anymore. I haven't had any treats like ice cream, restaurant food, for ages; been so careful and I'm still getting fat as my body decides to store everything and not let me have anything as usable energy. Avoid!

Comment

Originally posted by fatisyummy View Post
            Personally, and yes, everyone is different, I would suggest avoiding amphetamines at all costs. I was on them and I lost weight. I was not skinny fat because I was very active. After stopping 3 months ago I have tried to be very careful with my diet. Admittedly my activity has gone down, but I am just now starting to get energy levels back somewhat. I gained 15lbs that is refusing to budge. I had my BF measured too and it went from 18-24%. I feel like no matter what I do, at this point, the best I can hope for is to not gain more. None of my clothes fit anymore. I haven't had any treats like ice cream, restaurant food, for ages; been so careful and I'm still getting fat as my body decides to store everything and not let me have anything as usable energy. Avoid!
            That is my fear! I was looking in getting dex after I was mysteriously diagnosed with adult adhd, really random as I have two degrees (although the law one was a bit of a struggle my last year and a half...could not focus for the life of me, also failed first bar exam due to excrutiating inability to focus) so at any rate, I am thinking of getting Dex and must admit that I am also allured by the side effects of the weight loss part, however I do not want to feel like I have to take it for the rest of my life in order to not gain back the weight that I have tried to hard to lose and maintain already.

Comment

Sakura girl if you live in California you can obtain Mormon tea in the wild and you may be able to grow it depending on your climate. It tastes pretty nasty, but it is natural. The other name for Mormon tea is Ephedra.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I took ephedrine everyday for 12 weeks straight. Great for fat loss, really bad for sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X