Grocery shopping TODAY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery shopping TODAY

Hello everyone! I am new to the PB site and lifestyle and am 2 chapters into the book. I am (nearly) 21 year old female and, sigh, a skinny-fat girl at that. I am thin but have an unexpectedly high amount of body fat. Onto my question though.

I don't want to wait a single day before grocery shopping "lawfully" and I certainly cannot wait another few days until I finish the book. Could I have a few examples of your grocery shopping lists? Thank you so much!

P.S. Any advice on fish oil?

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...l-grocery-list

Here are the typical lists of a few people. You can also use the search feature (top right) to find other posts on subjects you're interested in.

oh, and WELCOME!

Comment

Thanks a lot that link is very helpful!

Comment

Also, stick to the outside of the store - produce, meat, cheese are all on the outside of the typical grocery store. Mostly stay out of the middle where the processed stuff it. We'll let you go there for coconut milk, coconut oil and olive oil. ;P

Good luck & welcome!!

Comment

coconut oil and olive oil are right across from my produce section, deb. it's nice that i don't have to venture into the aisles for my oils and vinegars!!!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Oh Jeez, FNW---

Today I was heading toward the meat counter, and a person stopped with a cart full of awfulness was blocking my way. I took a detour, and ended up in the ready-to-eat cereal aisle. That was hella scary...but I was overtaken with a strange fascination at all the different flavors and colors of Death....

Comment

yeah cereal/breakfast "foods" is one of the scariest aisles... and every product has roughly the same ingredients. It's all just molded into different shapes.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

<shudder>

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/cereal_wall.asp

Comment

haha i remember "sugar smacks"... why can&#39;t the cereal companies be as honest these days?

Comment

LOL. I had forgotten about those.

Btw: "Smack"=Heroin. Perfect name for a cereal ;-)

Comment

Oh come-on... cinamon toast crunch is part of a balanced breakfast. Even as a kid I couldn&#39;t understand why no one called them out on that one.

Comment

OMG I love Sugar Smacks/ Golden Crisp/ Honey Crisp.

THAT and Uncle Sam&#39;s are the ONLY reason I avoid that aisle. Seriously.

Its been sooooo long since Ive had some.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

LOL... I remember going to the grocery store right after I&#39;d really started thinking about all the chemical crap that&#39;s out there. I was fascinated by aisle after aisle of stuff that wasn&#39;t even real food. It was so astounding and horrible all at once!

I shop at Trader Joe&#39;s mostly, with stops at either the farmer&#39;s market or plain grocery store for veggies. Every once in a blue moon I might hit Henry&#39;s (another health food store) or whole foods, but usually only if i need something I can&#39;t find anywhere else...

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Grocery shopping has come to a simple routine. Typically it&#39;s cow/pig-pooling and Saturday trips to the farmers market. However, sometimes trips to the grocery store have to happen.

I have a typical route.

Once in the grocery head to the right... browse over salads, gourmet cheeses, gelato, sushi, yummy olive bar... into produce. Once produce is covered, covet the wild fish in the fish market. Left into the "organic" section. Back to the outside aisle (skipping meat since I got it covered.) Possibly wander over into dairy. Mostly I stick to one little corner of the store. It&#39;s nice that everything is right together and I can avoid the rest of the garbage. Can&#39;t remember the last time I walked through the center. Why bother?

Comment

"yummy olive bar"

JEALOUS!

And wild fish?? I am so jealous for real. I wish we had your grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                              X