Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantly craving apples, something I'm missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantly craving apples, something I'm missing?

For 2 weeks I have constantly been craving apples. So I ate them. But they keep coming back, and it's not just a carb or fruit craving because I specifically want apples. Is there maybe some nutrient that I'm missing which is in apples but only in very small amounts which makes me keep wanting them?
    well then

For me, it's the crunch and the fizz. I've discovered that the green apples covered in white, calciferous dots are carbonated. More of an oral fixation than a true craving. Have you tried something else, like maybe chewing gum? I mean, I hate gum - but maybe your teeth want to be busy...

Oh! Water and salt. Are you getting enough water and salt to stay hydrated?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      For me, it's the crunch and the fizz. I've discovered that the green apples covered in white, calciferous dots are carbonated. More of an oral fixation than a true craving. Have you tried something else, like maybe chewing gum? I mean, I hate gum - but maybe your teeth want to be busy...

Oh! Water and salt. Are you getting enough water and salt to stay hydrated?
      Nah gum is absolutely too gross for me and I had like 1/3 pound of bacon this morning so I think I got enough salt. I'll just have some green tea to get of oral fixation if that's the case
      well then

Comment

Either that, or you're just really hungry and your body wants/needs more starchy energy. Have you tried carrots?
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          Either that, or you're just really hungry and your body wants/needs more starchy energy. Have you tried carrots?
          No, but I happen to have some in my fridge
          well then

Comment

You have an iodine deficiency.

Comment

Yes! Quickly! Buy my iodine and paint your nuts with it before you die!
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

When I was anemic, I would crave apples (I'm not really a fan of apples, so I knew something was up). Have you had your iron levels checked recently? It's doubtful that it's the same, but thought that I'd pass on my experiences. Otherwise, no ideas.... Best of luck.

Comment

If you're craving apples, eat apples! Nothing wrong with eating several a day, you are a growing teen and are active, nothing to worry about. Enjoy!
                  Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Whatever it is, I think it's worth a nice walk to the store on my vibrams
                    well then

Comment

your body wants, chocolate and french fries sometimes too, use your brain, and don't eat the apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                        Whatever it is, I think it's worth a nice walk to the store on my vibrams
                        Absolutely
                        Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                          No I followed this guys advice and eat some seaweed together with liver. Both pretty gross to me but I take a deep breath and shove it down in a matter of seconds
                          well then

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineC View Post
                            If you're craving apples, eat apples! Nothing wrong with eating several a day, you are a growing teen and are active, nothing to worry about. Enjoy!
                            He is eating apples. He's also being smart and wondering if the constant cravings for apples might suggest a deficiency in some nutrient that they provide.

Gadsie - Keep listening to the cravings and also keep eating that liver and seaweed. You're doing good. Don't stress, but keep being analytical about your diet and your cravings. Basically, keep it up.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Sihana
                              If your body is throwing pictures of apples in your mind, then eat the apple! Your body wants it, and is telling you it wants it. It is healthy, so eat it.

I recommend Pink Lady's .
                              Went to the store and bought a pink lady
                              well then

Comment

Working...
                              X