Headaches During IF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches During IF

I've done 10-15 fasts so far, each lasting between 22-26 hours. I've noticed each time I begin to develop a headache around the 18 hour mark. I'm reluctant to take advil/tylenol/asprin. The headaches dissipate immediately after I break the fast. Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to alleviate the pain?

Thanks!

i used to deal with that. i just broke my fast sooner and that took care of it.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Have you tried some coconut milk? Not fake coconut milk from the white-people grocery store, but the real thing like at the asian market? I like Aroy-D in the BPA-free cardboard mini-box. Anyway, it will provide ketones and let you have more energy while still enjoying many of the benefits of fasting. It's what I do toward the end of my day. One big meal, then a box of coconut milk at around the 12th hour, or whenever it feels right.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

What are you eating as your last meal the day before? Is it a high-fat, mod protein, low carb? I usually have coffee with some heavy cream during my IF (ends up being around the 12-14 hr mark). If you don't do dairy (or coffee), knifegill provided good advise about coconut milk. High-fat seems to work for me. Or... like Primal Rob says, break your fast sooner.

Comment

Are you hydrating properly?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I usually have a fairly fat-full meal before beginning the fast. Ground beef with coconut milk (from the Indian store :] ) and thai curry is a recent favorite. Broccoli with butter, salad with homemade ranch, etc. I also have lots of coffee with cream and coconut milk. Not during the fast but before I start as I thought you lost the benefits of fasting once a caloric food was consumed. Is that incorrect? To that end, I get by through the day with iced-tea and water...maybe adding a little fat during the day will help things. I will try it tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Comment

That's what the coffee is for....
              "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Break the fast earlier or have some coconut oil or ghee.

Comment

Working...
                X