High fructose corn syrup commercial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High fructose corn syrup commercial

Is it just me or is the new commercial promoting high fructose corn syrup the most revolting thing on t.v. First it states that sugar is sugar so therefore everything is just dandy . Second it's sponsored by the corn industry. Isn't that sort of like the tobacco industry promoting how cigarettes are ok. Maybe it's just me but HFCS is pure concentrated evil

Homey don't play that HFCS shit.

Comment

But if we stop eating high fructy corn seerup, we'll have to, like, take it out of EVERYTHINGGGGGG.

Comment

It does bother me that they say your body can't tell the difference between the sugars. That is a blatant lie.
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Sugar molecules are sugar molecules. But the whole product is not taken into consideration with that view.

Personally, I just skip sugars altogether to avoid the big debate.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
            Sugar molecules are sugar molecules. But the whole product is not taken into consideration with that view.

Personally, I just skip sugars altogether to avoid the big debate.
            But fructose, glucose, and sucrose are not identical to your body. They require distinct processing and modifications.
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Comment

Without getting to in depth in to politics, it seems like you can go on TV and say anything you want true or not and there is no penalty for it. It's really a sad time.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                But fructose, glucose, and sucrose are not identical to your body. They require distinct processing and modifications.
                HFCS really isn't much worse than table sugar. It's 55% fructose/45% glucose, sugar is 50/50. Of course if we switched all that HFCS to regular table sugar, we'd still be in a really awful places healthwise. Nutritionally there's not a huge difference and excess sugar is a problem either way. Sugar, HFCS, Agave, yes, even maple syrup and honey - overkill on the sugars is unhealthy.

The BIG problem with HFCS(beyond that of regular sugar) is that in part because of government corn subsidies, it's so damn cheap. That's why soda manufacturers(and everyone else) use it in their product. The government's subsidization of the corn industry results in a lowering of the overall price for sweetened products of all types. And you know how it goes in the world of economics - cheaper price = people buy(and consume) more.

Incidentally, the above is the same problem with corn/soybean oils too - they're incredibly inexpensive, hence why they get used instead of healthier alternatives. No one in our government has the balls to cut corn subsidies because they fear midwestern voters, but it would be a move that's all-around good for our country. Corn Oil, Corn Syrup, and Corn-based ethanol are NOT good things to be funding with our tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa23 View Post
                  HFCS really isn't much worse than table sugar. It's 55% fructose/45% glucose, sugar is 50/50. Of course if we switched all that HFCS to regular table sugar, we'd still be in a really awful places healthwise. Nutritionally there's not a huge difference and excess sugar is a problem either way. Sugar, HFCS, Agave, yes, even maple syrup and honey - overkill on the sugars is unhealthy.

The BIG problem with HFCS(beyond that of regular sugar) is that in part because of government corn subsidies, it's so damn cheap. That's why soda manufacturers(and everyone else) use it in their product. The government's subsidization of the corn industry results in a lowering of the overall price for sweetened products of all types. And you know how it goes in the world of economics - cheaper price = people buy(and consume) more.

Incidentally, the above is the same problem with corn/soybean oils too - they're incredibly inexpensive, hence why they get used instead of healthier alternatives. No one in our government has the balls to cut corn subsidies because they fear midwestern voters, but it would be a move that's all-around good for our country. Corn Oil, Corn Syrup, and Corn-based ethanol are NOT good things to be funding with our tax dollars.
                  I completely agree with your point about the price being artificially low and the subsidies causing problems.

And nutritionally speaking, I am sure you are right the sucrose is not much worse the HFCS. However, sucrose has to be cleaved into glucose and fructose, so the argument in that ad that your body can't tell the difference is wrong.

Comment

Class action lawsuit for a money grab!?!?!

Comment

HFCS is Worse than Sugar

Please read this Princeton study that was not followed up by peers and was assassinated in MSM the little it was covered: Princeton University - A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain Be aware that true researchers are threatened with withdrawal of lab funding if certain research that upsets the USDA and FDA is pursued.

And please read why sugar is so expensive in America: The Sugar Industry: The Sugar Industry and Corporate Welfare

Comment

I'm curious why this keeps getting debated? It's like you guys are arguing over whether whole wheat flour is healthier than regular white flour. Do y'all know which site you're on??!?
                        -Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Drmike View Post
                          Is it just me or is the new commercial promoting high fructose corn syrup the most revolting thing on t.v. First it states that sugar is sugar so therefore everything is just dandy . Second it's sponsored by the corn industry. Isn't that sort of like the tobacco industry promoting how cigarettes are ok. Maybe it's just me but HFCS is pure concentrated evil
                          Hey if your allowed to do HFCS and prescription drugs as TV commercials I say we give the tobacco industry back their rights to advertise. I think they should hire Tony the Tiger as a spokesman. I think the Camels days are at an end and its not a huge jump for Tony to go from peddling the smaller drugs of sugar and grain with a ton of additives to a bit of nicotine and a ton of additives. Actually get him in with American Spirits and it might even be a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by impala454 View Post
                            I'm curious why this keeps getting debated? It's like you guys are arguing over whether whole wheat flour is healthier than regular white flour. Do y'all know which site you're on??!?
                            Because we seek to understand?

Comment

Yes, I agree the commercial is offensive.

Suing against "big corn" in this country would be like suing "God." But if you can find a lawyer to do it, I'm in.

The easiest way, of course to avoid this garbage is to not buy anything in boxes, cans, bags, or bottles. If you must (and I must because I don't own a cow for eg.) buy items that are prepackaged, read read read the label. Even at the deli counter, ask to read the label before your product is sliced. In all the times I've asked, I've only gotten one wtf look, and I just shrugged and said, "allergies."
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X