fastest way to a heart-attack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastest way to a heart-attack?

Went to a restaurant tonight, and asked what oil the food was fried in. Soy-bean was the answer. ich!

When I said I preferred animal fat, the waiter looked at me as through I was mad, and said it was the fastest way to a heart attack.

I'm so fed up of the perception (one I held myself not so long ago!) that animal fat is the cause of heart attacks!

What food or foods do you think are the fastest way to a heart attack?

(I'm thinking doughnuts or vegetable oils...?)
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Grass-fed beef.

Really, what are you expecting? This will be nothing more than a preaching-to-the-choir thread.

Grains and soy sure are bad! Yuh huh yup yup yup!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I guess there are genetic influences so the path will vary.

My youngest brother had a heart attack at 46 after more than a decade of very high stress, crap diet, excessive drinking, smoking and pot

I had a heart attack at 50 after three decades of low sugar, minimal vegetable oils but high wheat consumption

My other two brothers are now 53 and 56 and have had no cardiovascular event. The older one is celiac.

Don't think there is anything conclusive in this but avoiding wheat seems precautionary
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Fastest way? Prescription medications. My father and aunt both died from cardiac arrythmia brought on by lethal rx cocktails and/or overdosage. My father was administered a week's worth of methadone to wean him off of Demerol. His liver enlarged and all of his organs began shutting down systematically. And he was only in the hospital for a herniated disk. After the series of bad medicines, he died 2 years later from heart failure at the age of 41; my aunt age 49.

I think Americans can put many prescription drugs above wheat and vegetable oils as hazardous to health. They kill thousands more a year than illicit drugs.
        Last edited by j3nn; 06-09-2012, 10:09 AM.
        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
          Fastest way? Prescription medications. My father and aunt both died from cardiac arithmia brought on by lethal rx cocktails and/or overdosage. My father was administered a week's worth of methadone to wean him off of Demerol. His liver enlarged and all of his organs began shutting down systematically. And he was only in the hospital for a herniated disk. After the series of bad medicines, he died 2 years later from heart failure at the age of 41; my aunt age 49.

I think Americans can put many prescription drugs above wheat and vegetable oils as hazardous to health. They kill thousands more a year than illicit drugs.
          This, for sure. I've known healthy teens that have had their heart stopped with prescription meds.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

The fastest way is consuming anything that causes massive amounts of inflammation in your body. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Derp

Comment

fastest way? electric shock
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                fastest way? electric shock
                damn you bloodorchid, I was going to suggest a chain saw to open up the chest then attack at will, but electricty travels at pretty much light speed so that's faster, and I can't even be cross coz you made me laugh
                You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                    Fastest way? Prescription medications.
                    ^

This, this, this.
                    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

My dad had a heart attack at the age of 45. He'd gotten up to smoking 3 packs a day, 10-12 alcoholic drinks per day, 10-15 cups of coffee per day (to balance out all that alcohol, of course, sheesh!) worked an insanely stressful job for 70-80 hours per week, and ate 1/2lb ham and 1/2 a pound of cheese for a typical breakfast. Yup, it was definitely the ham and cheese that got him. Thank god his doctor straightened him out and got him on a lowfat, highly processed diet full of canola oil. He recently had stints put in when it was discovered he wwas on the verge of a second catostrophic heart attack...add in a surgery to deal with his GERD, don't forget his IBS and sleep apnea....At least now he supplements his SAD diet with farmers market produce and eggs.

Comment

americans consume 80% of the world's pain killing meds.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

PUFAs.

Comment

Working...
                          X