More ways to eat honey????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ways to eat honey????

I want to get more honey in my diet. I will put it in tea, but I prefer tea unsweetened. I put a few dollops into chicken salad that I make. Otherwise, it sits on my shelf.

Can people please tell what they eat honey with?????

Ha-ha. I like my honey with honey. I just use a spoon and stop at one bite. Mmmm, honey. Good liquid and crystallized. I eat it for my allergies, but also because it's so gooood.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Smoothies, porridge, raw fudge (cacao powder, coconut oil, and raw honey), with baked sweet potatoes, etcetc.

If it's truly raw, eat as much as you care for! I would advise against an entire jar, but a few spoonfuls is not going to harm you. Especially if you're already eating higher-carb.

Comment

Straight up. Or drizzled over plain yogurt. Or in a smoothie.
        Sandra
        *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I use it along with coconut milk to make chai and hot chocolate.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Ok, I was hungry for something this afternoon. But didnt know what. Well I wanted something crunchy, but had this instead. I took some cottage cheese, with some whipped cream, with a little drizzle of honey. Probably doesnt sound good, but I thought it was quite yummy!
            65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Dip roasted chicken in it. Yum!

Comment

Nice ideas thanks. I've mixed it with my goat yogurt and goat kefir. I've eaten the occasional spoonful as well. Will try dipping the chicken. It's real good in the chicken salad, like I said.

Comment

You can add it to all kinds of things. I use it in homemade dressings all the time. Any time I need to sweeten a pan sauce, I use honey.
                  "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Use in marinades
                    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I was hoping someone would say dip dark chocolate in it.......................

Comment

I drink coffee only two ways.....with a teaspoon of honey done black.....or with a tablespoon or two of heavy cream.

My kids like honey on their bananna/egg pancakes (so anywhere in place of syrup), Smoothies are an obvious choice especially if your doing some more savory mixes. When I was competing I'd just spoon it in right before a match.

Comment

I love it on greek yogurt. I also like to drink a little water with apple cider vinegar and honey. Honey garlic chicken is really delicious. If you eat nuts - they are awesome sauteed in butter with honey.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I buy the fresh balls of mozzarella at whole foods and dip pieces in fresh honey. You can thank me later

Comment

It's excellent drizzled atop salad, especially if you also use vinegar or lemon juice and pink Himalayan salt for sweet and salty goodness. Also good on fish, like salmon or shrimp. Drizzle on an avocado with s + p. Fresh berries or grilled peaches. It tastes yummy on just about anything.
                              | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X