cravings for bread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cravings for bread

I have cut out grains for about two weeks now but it is bread I have a huge issue with, I don't miss pasta, rice or cereals but bread is killing me. My hubby has toast and the smell drives me insane. I haven't given in yet but has anyone got any ideas to help? I did give in to an ice cream and a couple (about 10) chips last week but nothing since.

Just try and hold off it for a few more weeks, then like me, you won't even want to go near that bland crap.

Comment

Oh I hope so! I used to eat a really seedy loaf from greggs so it was quite tasty. When you have soup what do you have with it, if anything?

Comment

I don't usually have soup, I'd just eat it alone if I did though, maybe make it thicker?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovedogs View Post
          My hubby has toast and the smell drives me insane. I haven't given in yet but has anyone got any ideas to help? I did give in to an ice cream and a couple (about 10) chips last week but nothing since.
          If you enjoy eating bread then why are you torturing yourself? Have a few pieces and be happy!
          http://stackingplates.com/

Comment

Have more ice cream, go buy some good quality Hagen Daaz. Do *not* give in to a craving for bread.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
              Have more ice cream, go buy some good quality Hagen Daaz. Do *not* give in to a craving for bread.
              Please feel free to elaborate on the logic behind your definitive stance...
              http://stackingplates.com/

Comment

I say have a piece of bread if that's what you really want. Try sprouted grain like Ezekiel, it has a lower effect on blood sugar and less gluten

Comment

Seriously, go run a lap.

Originally posted by StackingPlates View Post
                  Please feel free to elaborate on the logic behind your definitive stance...

Comment

If you can, don't give in. For me, it bloats and triggers strong sugar cravings in a way ice cream or sugar does not. However, get some distance from bread- a couple of months, then try a small piece and if you are lucky it will taste like an old sponge and you'll never want it again.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Thank you everyone, I love Hagen Daaz so maybe I will keep a bit in the freezer. I think the whole bread craving is the carb thing but I don't want to give in because I will get a taste for it again.

Comment

Just had a look at that bread that was mentioned but it is still made from grains so this not really good is it? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

If you want carbs try sweet potatoes, potato, rice, any number of things before bread. Bread is actually addictive for some people and causes water retention. Starchy carbs may not be the best for weightloss but at least they won't aggravate your system.

When I really want something carby/bready, I just make a potato.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

You could also straight up have some sugar- I've found dates and cheese to be a good combo. If the craving is really bad maybe scout out a source of a gluten free desert, something with some protein in it like chocolate mousse. You could also have wine and chocolate- not as good as fruit and cheese though.

Comment

I had a non-paleo day for the first time last weekend (ate a CPK pizza) and started craving bread/pasta. etc. again. SO not worth it. I had completely banished the cravings prior. This cheat- free dessert has helped me get through them a few times this week:
                              Mash 1 ripe banana, 1 egg., 1.5 TBS of almond butter, and 2 TBS pure cocoa powder in a boll. Mix it really well or use a beater. Put in 2 ramekins greased with coconut oil and microwave for 2 minutes. (makes 2) It tastes exactly like a muffin.

Comment

Working...
                              X