Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Livestrong.com. Is it ALWAYS lying on purpose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livestrong.com. Is it ALWAYS lying on purpose?

Anytime I end up clicking on a link while I'm googling and it goes to livestrong.com, I find the exact opposite of the truth. They're so bad, they even profess saturated fat as dangerous. They think canola oil is good for all the precise reasons we know to avoid it. Are they owned by Rupert Murdoch or something? Is this the Fox (Faux) News of health info?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

I think they are just in a very mainstream way of thinking still, like most people are. It's frustrating when it comes from the health and fitness field though, I agree.

Comment

Can you site some studies that show that canola oil is bad for you?

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
        canola oil is incredibly processed, you might take that into consideration

Comment

Not a study, but it turns me off:
          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

You seem to be implying that there have been studies done that show that Canola Oil is good for you.

Do you have any?

(because Canola is classified as a 'safe' food studies like that have not been done)
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

god if only i'd known that advice before now..
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

Not a study, but it turns me off:
                  I never knew that Canola oil is bleached to make it lighter in color and even further processed to take away the scent of the canola... Thanks for sharing the video! Good insight.

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                    canola oil is incredibly processed, you might take that into consideration
                    LOL you are kidding right? Jim is the king of processed food.
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

So...nobody can come up with even one study demonstrating canola oil is bad for you?

I thought this was supposed to be an evidence-based crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDub View Post
                        So...nobody can come up with even one study demonstrating canola oil is bad for you?

I thought this was supposed to be an evidence-based crowd.
                        Maybe no one has tested it? Because it is assumed it's ok

No one has tested whether eating bricks is bad for you but I'm not going to start eating them. No matter how much fibre they have!

Comment

There is no such thing as canola. It's a recent hybrid something man-made in the last century. It is always GMO, and it is usually rancid due to its instability. Considering that it is not even a food, there is no reason to eat it. I don't see hard evidence right off, but here's a start. http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/com.../2570&Itemid=8
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Canola oil is made from rapeseed, so just look for studies with rapeseed oil in it. I think canola is slightly different in that it is low in euricic acid, although this could be that the rapeseed is GMO to remove/lower the euricic acid content.

Erucic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rapeseed oil has been used for thousands of years in the far east, and there are links to cooking with rapeseed oil and lung cancer, due to breathing in the smoke from the oil, although some sites say this is rubbish.

What is interesting is that the FDA was paid $50 million to declare it safe.

Canola Oil - Health Hazard

Comment

Read this, Canola oil can have as much as 5% Trans fats and not be labelled as such.

Canola Oil: The blob that ate butter, olive oil, coconut oil and peanut oil threatens American cuisine | drcate.com

Comment

Working...
                              X