Carbs and Exercise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
    What do you mean by that? I thought the problem was that people were getting too many carbs, and not enough exercise (in terms of weight that is)?

I'm not sure how popular this idea is in this community, but I've heard some say the reason for such high obesity is because of F-ed up hormones caused by continual high blood sugar levels affecting insulin and other important hormones.
    I'd have to agree with this. I think modern obese people have had years of spiked blood glucose. It can create organ damage and mess up a lot of our signalling - creating a hunger cycle that just adds to the weight problem.

Not "hormones" in the traditional sense that people think of, but hormones and important signallers non-the-less
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Comment

As long as your workouts are kept under 45 minutes I don't think you need that many carbs. I have one sweet potato a week and a little bit of fruit here and there, and I swim and kayak 5 days a week and lift weights hard 2 days a week and sprint 3 times a week just fine.

Comment

It's totally relative. Just figure out what works for you; it will take time and experimentation, but no one on this forum can tell you what will work best for you. I am a 24 year old female; I do crossfit 3-4 times a week and yoga 4 or 5 times a week and I eat sweet potatoes almost every day, and I am lean and healthy. Even if you were the same age as I am and had the same level of activity, your needs would likely be different from mine.

Comment

Working...
        X