Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Male Issues: Low Libido...BUT! Having (Sorry for being frank) Wet Dreams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyA View Post
    I'd be careful with the iodine. Grizz seems to say iodine will cure anything. I'm not saying that he's wrong (i don't know!), just that he seems over eager to blame everything on iodine. As I recall there are also more thyroid issues in japan where they consume more iodine...

I'd try getting a couple of sweet potatoes and see if adding more carbs does anything. My libido gets destroyed on low carb. Seeing this pattern repeat over multiple cheat days clued me in.

If you aren't out in the sun much, I'd also get a doctor to check out your vitamin D levels. You could try just supplementing, but I think it's always safer to have some baselines to know if you're even deficient in the first place.

High cortisol is from stress. Meditation, ignoring all spiritual woo woo or whatever, is a good relaxer. You might want to try that as well. Slowing down, trying not to multi task and over stimulate your brain, all helps with relaxing.
    You are dead wrong. Iodine supplements only treats issues of Iodine Deficient organs. The organs that require the most iodine are:
    * Women's Breasts - Breasts require more iodine than any other organ, deficiency causes fibrocystic breasts
    * Ovaries - Ovaries swell with cysts, iodine deficiency called PCOS
    * Thyroid - requires iodine, deficiency causes Hypothyroid or swollen thyroid called goiter
    * Uterus - requires iodine, deficiency called Uterus Cysts or Endo
    * Prostate - requires iodine, deficiency called swollen prostate or BPH.
    * Brain - requires iodine or deficiency is called Brain Fog or Depression

Iodine deficiency is a major problem in the USA, and if you are not eating seaweed, sea fish or taking iodine supplements then consider yourself to be iodine deficient. There is zero iodine in burgers, fries & pizza. Yet every cell in the body requires iodine to be healthy.
    http://www.oasisadvancedwellness.com/learning/iodine-deficiency-und`er-recognized-epidemic.html
    http://www.life-enthusiast.com/index...ersal_Medicine

Grizz

Last edited by Grizz; 06-13-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
      Iodine deficiency is a major problem in the USA, and if you are not eating seaweed, sea fish or taking iodine supplements then consider yourself to be iodine deficient. There is zero iodine in burgers, fries & pizza. Yet every cell in the body requires iodine to be healthy.
      Ok, I'll bite. Where were the thousands of generations of our ancestors who lived on the central African plains getting their hands on seaweed or sea fish? Or were they buying a range of specific supplements off Amazon and rubbing them on their balls?
      Last edited by mdlaw; 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mdlaw View Post
        Ok, I'll bite. Where were the thousands of generations of our ancestors who lived on the central African plains getting their hands on seaweed or sea fish? ?
        Basic answers are that 1) there used to be a lot of iodine in the soils, so Grok ate plants with iodine and animals which ate grass with iodine 2) Grok didn't need as much iodine because his iodine wasn't driven out by decades of flouridated water and brominated flour. Yes, it sounds like internet quackery, but is it? I don't know.

As for low libido, I have that too, but I think it's mental. No easy cures for that.
        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Originally posted by mdlaw View Post
          Ok, I'll bite. Where were the thousands of generations of our ancestors who lived on the central African plains getting their hands on seaweed or sea fish? Or were they buying a range of specific supplements off Amazon and rubbing them on their balls?
          I'm happy that you bit. Grok didn't suffer from Halogen Chemicals that invaded every cell in our body to displace iodine. The reason why 90% of America is so iodine deficient is that Halogen Toxins have displaced what little iodine we get - the toxins are Bromide in food, Fluoride in water & toothpaste and chlorine in water, drugs & other products.
          Explained here:
          Iodine deficiencies & dosages

and here:
          Bromide is an insidious, additive used in many common products, and as a
          pesticide. Because of the sheer amount of bromide-supplemented products,
          exposure to this man-made additive has caused a depletion of iodine in human
          populations. Studies in lab animals provide alarming evidence that even small
          amounts of bromide exposure can be toxic. (1)
          The rest of the article:
          Bromides?? In bread? - The Iodine Project
          Bottom line: Be skeptical at your own peril. All of this is REAL and 80% of American women are into various stages of Fibrocyctic Breast Disease, from microscopic to painful, swollen & pre-cancerous caused by iodine deficiency.

Iodine References:
          http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz
          Last edited by Grizz; 06-14-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by allen001
            You have a low libido, and i think you still think a lot about sex. I think this may be reason behind your wet dreams besides you have low libido.
            I rarely think about sex....I just think about why I've not been thinking about it as much as I used to for the past 5 years.

But, I am due for an update. I stopped taking the iodine and selenium. I never noticed any bad effects on the iodine. In fact I felt better, but not substantially better. I did gain some much needed weight and I barely get fatigued throughout the day. I did not notice an increase in libido. I just started supplementing with Optizinc - Now Foods - that has 200% RDA zinc and 15% RDA copper. Whenever I take this it immediately helps with my breathing and I usually feel better.

I find it weird that this would help me like it does because I eat soooo much meat...But, maybe the other supplements or foods I eat reduce the absorption of zinc? Or I do not eat grass-fed meat which contains normal levels of zinc compared to conventional. I am now supplementing with Lysine, quercetin + Bromelain, Fish Oil, Calcium & Magnesium & Zinc. I just now got K2 in the mail. I'm trying to up my fat a bit more and include fruits + sweet potatoes in my diet. I'll keep everyone updated.

Comment

Yeah if you are using supplements along with food and fruits its nice. It is good idea to shed fats, coz fat reduces libido....
              Tell me did the supplementing you are using really help you...
              I barely have any fat on me. I'm very toned everywhere I'm body EXCEPT a little fat on my lower abdomen..I practically have a 4 pack, or having my top 4 abs very visible. No fat anywhere else on my body. My lower abdomen distends a bit, too. And I'm beginning to develop love handles..I literally have no fat anywhere else on my body except those spots..

So, putting the dots together --> Low libido, weak digestion, puffiness/allergies (slight), I used to get fatigue, not so much now; Love handles developing + pudge on lower abdomen ONLY.....I'm thinking adrenals??

I'm now just taking the OptiZinc + Lysine + Fish Oil + Quercitin & Bromelain + HCL & Pepsin. I think the Zinc has been helping a bit my breathing, which continues to get better. My libido is a bit better. I'm now waking up with erections, finally. And I find myself thinking about sex here and there. But, it's still inconsistent and not where it should be. I think the Calcium and/or Magnesium were helping. Might add them back in. I'm also trying to add some more carbs and fruit in, as well. Maybe I need more carbs..I did have some Menchies last night and weird enough I had LOADS of energy and felt amazing after eating it. Despite some digestive distention. So..I'm confused, haha. Any ideas?

Comment

Iodine. The solution to everything.
                http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Tell me what is there to get confused.
                  You are gettting good results, your libido is alright. Then what is the confusion, problem?
                  tellme..
                  The problem is my libido is not alright. Problem is I have either have horrible circulation or low testosterone, for at least 5 years. Is that "telling you" enough? It's up here and there, but not near where it needs to be. I never said my libido was alright, I said it was a "bit better", which, from where I'm at now isn't saying much.

The confusion: I get fatigue here and there when I eat healthy, and some other issues..Healthy as in only whole foods, no sugar or fruits; only meats, veggies and healthy fats - a strict primal diet. When I eat something like sugary yogurt from Menchies, I feel great with lots of energy and sometimes my libido is better, but my digestion is a bit off. Now, you tell me how that is NOT confusing.
                  Last edited by Zelli88; 07-24-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                    Iodine. The solution to everything.
                    I may introduce it in again. I gained much needed weight when on it, too. I'll keep you posted if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelli88 View Post
                      I barely have any fat on me. I'm very toned everywhere I'm body EXCEPT a little fat on my lower abdomen..I practically have a 4 pack, or having my top 4 abs very visible. No fat anywhere else on my body. My lower abdomen distends a bit, too. And I'm beginning to develop love handles..I literally have no fat anywhere else on my body except those spots..
                      I suspect that I **maybe** have similar 'problem' to what you describe. Do you mind posting some photos pointing out the problem areas that you are talking about, in order to for me and you to compare whether we are talking about the same 'issue'.

NOTE: The above quotes are intentional because I'm not really sure whether the body image 'issues' are real or are just in my head.

Thanks mate
                      Me@twitter

Comment

Ok, Now its more transparent. Tell me what steps or medicines are you taking to boost testosterone, libido.?
                        You mentioned you didn't eat fruits. I think you should go for some libido enhancing foods and fruits like avacado, bananas etc.

It looks like that your problem is low libido, confusion, about what to eat and how to get alright again. Right?
                        See, avoiding sugar, fruits may be healthy by your point of view. But if some fruits or food contains libido and testosterone boosting capacity then you have go for them no matter what the sugary content to get proper solution. I don't advice you to just eat high sugary or sugary food but some measures can be taken to eat food with libido enhancing capacity, no matter if they are sugary take some measures and i think that would help you...

If you have any digestive problem, first boost your digestion system..
                        Then go for diet practices....
                        I'm not taking any medicines, just supplements, like the one's I listed not too long ago. I workout Wednesdays & Fridays (barbell compound exercises), tennis Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday, and interval training on Sunday. As for foods, I'm adding in more nuts, fruits (berries) and some sweet potatoes. I did eat a lot of sunflower seed butter last night and woke up with a very high libido..So, I searched on the web for the nutrient composition of sunflower seeds and this is what I've found: WHFoods: Sunflower seeds

I've read that manganese, Vit E and selenium are vital to the reproductive system..So, maybe I'm deficient in one of those? Remember, the only foods I've been eating for about 2 years were meats and veggies. So, I may have been missing one these nutrients..So, I guess you could say I am confused on which one of these I need.

Comment

Originally posted by trippplez View Post
                          I suspect that I **maybe** have similar 'problem' to what you describe. Do you mind posting some photos pointing out the problem areas that you are talking about, in order to for me and you to compare whether we are talking about the same 'issue'.

NOTE: The above quotes are intentional because I'm not really sure whether the body image 'issues' are real or are just in my head.

Thanks mate
                          Sure, just give me some time to post em though. I got a busy schedule today. I'll try to post em either tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

I was listening to a Rob Wolf podcast today, episode 128 from a while ago and he was talking about low testosterone.
                            The bloke who asked the question said he had cured himself by drinking more water. Rob said he had googled it and there was anecdotal evidence that this does help.
                            Worth listening to as it seemed such a simple cure.

Comment

Originally posted by annedawso View Post
                              I was listening to a Rob Wolf podcast today, episode 128 from a while ago and he was talking about low testosterone.
                              The bloke who asked the question said he had cured himself by drinking more water. Rob said he had googled it and there was anecdotal evidence that this does help.
                              Worth listening to as it seemed such a simple cure.
                              Wow! I've never heard of that cure, haha. That is very simple indeed. But, I'm going to complicate your theory a bit, as I usually do with things...Is there a specific time period throughout the day to be drinking a lot of water? Also, perhaps this is because it helps clear the body of toxins that can accumulate in our body? I don't deny this theory, simply questioning how it works.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zelli88 View Post
                                Wow! I've never heard of that cure, haha. That is very simple indeed. But, I'm going to complicate your theory a bit, as I usually do with things...Is there a specific time period throughout the day to be drinking a lot of water? Also, perhaps this is because it helps clear the body of toxins that can accumulate in our body? I don't deny this theory, simply questioning how it works.

Thanks!
                                Unfortunately I have a terrible memory, so can't remember. However you can still listen to the podcast for free via iTunes and possibly his site.
                                The man who had the issue, they called it something like "drooping member"!!!!! couldn't believe he had cured it so easily. Everything else had been fine - his workouts, diet etc.
                                I really recommend Rob Wolf's podcasts anyway, he gives his honest opinion on everything. Think the next question was to ask if a vasectomy would lower testostone. Then they started talking about the benefits of breast milk as some bloke intended to drink his wife's breast milk.
                                It was a really funny episode and I enjoy listening to them as I drive to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X