Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Male Issues: Low Libido...BUT! Having (Sorry for being frank) Wet Dreams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
    Yes, order a bottle of Lugol's 5% iodine from Amazon.Com. Then paint a little patch on the wrist. The brown stain should last for 24 hours, if not he is deficient. My 1st skin patch test vanished in only 3 minutes ! That was in January. Now it is better, lasting about 7 hours. This test is less than perfect, but it is cheap and easy. For more, see the chapter TESTING here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also, this AMAZING testimonial just came in from the Dr. Kruse Discussion Group:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post852820

The drug companies cannot keep iodine hidden any longer. There is a ground swell of support raging across the internet. The Dr. Kruse group just started their own Iodine Group.

Unless your BF eats a lot of seaweed & sea foods, then I guarantee he is severely deficient. 90% or Americans are. Here is a HORRIBLE statistic. 80% of American Women are suffering from various stages of Fibrocystic Breast Disease caused by iodine deficiency.

Please help us pass the word to everyone you know. We need more disciples to tell the world. Millions of suffering women are depending on us. IMO, it is CRIMINAL that the drug industry is milking iodine deficiency for every dollar they can grab and then sweeping iodine under the rug and whitewashing all the iodine medical documents prior to WW2.

If you have questions, please join with our own iodine thread:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205.html

Hope this helps,
    Grizz
    If one begins supplementing with iodine, will he or she experience any side effects? Kind of like a detox/healing reaction? I ask this because when I used to take Kelp from Nature's Way (I only did for less than a week, due to side effects), I would breakout on my quads and feet, get painful belches, and a rash near my thyroid. Are these normal side effects?

I am quite sensitive to tap water, sometimes, but not always, I get an asthma-like response where it's hard me to get a deep breath. I hate it! You think this is because of the chemicals in the water?

Also, what Iodine supplement do you recommend and what's the best way to take it? Dosage and method.

Thanks Grizz!

Comment

Originally posted by Zelli88 View Post
      If one begins supplementing with iodine, will he or she experience any side effects? Kind of like a detox/healing reaction? I ask this because when I used to take Kelp from Nature's Way (I only did for less than a week, due to side effects), I would breakout on my quads and feet, get painful belches, and a rash near my thyroid. Are these normal side effects?

I am quite sensitive to tap water, sometimes, but not always, I get an asthma-like response where it's hard me to get a deep breath. I hate it! You think this is because of the chemicals in the water?

Also, what Iodine supplement do you recommend and what's the best way to take it? Dosage and method.

Thanks Grizz!
      zelli,

Great question! YES, absolutely. If you take too much iodine too soon AND if you take iodine without the required supplements, you are very likely to get Detox Illness.
      You can detox without getting sick by following the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol.
      1) Take the required supplements
      - - tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
      - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
      - - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)
      - - 400 mcg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
      - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred
      - - ATP Cofactors - contains 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio

2) We don’t want anyone getting xx lbs of BLOAT, Puffy Zit filled face, or other problems.
      These symptoms have been reported at our own iodine group by people taking too much iodine too soon. See Testimonials for more. Just my opinion & food for thought, Slow Slow Slow - Haste Makes Waste - More iodine is NOT better - The body takes 6 months or more to detox a lifetime of chemicals stored into every cell in our body.

- - - Mix 1 drop 2% Lugols into 11-8 oz bottles of water, put the caps back on.
      - - - Week 1 drink 1 oz (~30ml) daily (about 380mcg iodone)
      - - - Week 2 drink 2 oz (~60ml) daily (about 775mcg iodine)
      - - - Week 3 drink 4 oz (~120ml) daily ( about 1.5mg iodine)
      - - - Week 4 drink 6 oz (~180ml) daily ( about 2.3mg iodine)
      - - - Week 5 drink 8 oz (~220ml) daily ( about 3.1 mg iodine or about 1 drop per day),
      - - - Week 6 drink 2 drops per day in a glass of water
      - - - Week 7 drink 3 drops per day in a glass of water
      - - - Week 8 drink 4 drops per day (about 12.5mg = to 1 iodoral)
      * Next, Titrate up with iodoral 12.5mg iodine tablets available at Amazon.Com
      - - - add 1/2 tablet each month to eventually reach 50mg daily-refer to Dr. Brownstein’s Book
      - - - 50mg Daily is the dosage target recommended by Dr. Brownstein to overcome toxins
      * If any detox symptoms appear do the salt flush (all listed below) and pulse dose.

Complete details with testimonials here at Iodine References:

Mini Guide here:
      Iodine Anyone? - Page 262 | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page 262

The FANTASTIC Guide to Supplementing with Iodine Download
      by Stephanie Buist, ND HC
      Iodine | Stepping Stones Living, LLC

Absolutely. I recommend getting a GOOD water filter that will filter out Fluoride & Chlorine. Both are TOXIC halogens used in drinking water that cause hypothyroidism, and displace required iodine in our cells, and a major cause of severe iodine deficiency. We live in a SICK, SICK, SICK world. See the chapter "Detox & Chemical Poisons Articles" in our references for the whole DISGUSTING story. What is even MORE disgusting is that fluoride rots our teeth. Fluorosis of teeth

More on halogens:
      http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine%20update.htm#section18

PS) HELP! We need disciples to volunteer to help us promote the iodine story to women word wide.

Best to you,
      Grizz
      Last edited by Grizz; 06-03-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Are you in a relationship? Because I "suffered from low libido" for like 1.5 years in my relationship - went to the Dr, got testosterone levels measured (even though you can tell by the way I look that there's no way I could have low T, lol), etc....

Then I broke up with him and WOOOOOAH, I'm out of control. So it wasn't me, it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfRound View Post
          Are you in a relationship? Because I "suffered from low libido" for like 1.5 years in my relationship - went to the Dr, got testosterone levels measured (even though you can tell by the way I look that there's no way I could have low T, lol), etc....

Then I broke up with him and WOOOOOAH, I'm out of control. So it wasn't me, it was him.
          I haven't been in a relationship in over 3 years. I do believe that the relationship did have some effect on my libido, at the time. It could have been either the stress of the relationship or loss of interest..It is when I went primal that my libido really suffered, although I've had many other miraculous things happen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfRound View Post
            This is VERY interesting. Did your old BF not know how to give you orgasms? Or did he not bother? I know that women in general complain that men typically take care of themselves leaving the woman frustrated. The statistics say that upwards of 70% of women cannot orgasm from intercourse alone. You are one VERY attractive woman and you deserve a man who appreciates you enough to give you wall shaking, window rattling orgasms.

Grizz

Comment

Has any other male experienced this on the Primal diet? The primary symptom is odd to have to begin with (Low libido). I've had it so long it doesn't bother me anymore though, so this is not my primary issue, and is not the reason why I am posting this thread. I plan on recovering it without upping my carbs. Instead, I am going to up my fats and see if this helps.

My issue of focus lies within a particular scenario..I usually have a low libido, and it's normally gone during the day and partially exists in the mornings. However, I find that even though I have a very low libido, I am still having wet dreams? Has any other male experienced this issue while on this diet, or just in general? Could you explain what helped you and/or why this may be happening to me? Any help or insight is appreciated.
              not going to read the responses so forgive me if someone touched on this already.

you have two things going on.

Screwed up circadian rhythm. your body is releasing you testosterone at a time when you shoudl not be.

conversion of testosterone to estrogen.

get a sex panel done and figure out what you need to adjust. my guess is that you need to focus on fixing your circadian rhythm and the rest will solve itself
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

wow Grizz... I didn't realise how compliated iodine supplementing can be i.e. not only do I need to take iodine but also magnesium, vitamin c, selenium! I might get a test done to see if I'm deficient before investing so much time and effort.

Also my thyroid hormones don't work and I read somewhere on the iodine thread that Thyroxine (which I think is T4) is mainly just iodine.... so I'm not sure if i should be supplementing on top of that. But if Thyroxine is mainly just iodine, I definitely need to ask my endocronologist why I'm not taking T3...

Comment

no thyroid? Hashis or Graves? No? CT

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Read the Danny Roddy weblog. Also, East West Healing.com, Lita Lee for thyroid info etc.

Comment

This is VERY interesting. Did your old BF not know how to give you orgasms? Or did he not bother?
                      I've got one who was taught well but all the skill in the world doesn't make up for one single mean comment. One single hurtful thing said is enough to undo any amount of skill. And once turned off, the drive sublimates only to come out in dreams. Freud said that dreams are wishes fulfilled.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jovana View Post
                        wow Grizz... I didn't realise how compliated iodine supplementing can be i.e. not only do I need to take iodine but also magnesium, vitamin c, selenium! I might get a test done to see if I'm deficient before investing so much time and effort.

Also my thyroid hormones don't work and I read somewhere on the iodine thread that Thyroxine (which I think is T4) is mainly just iodine.... so I'm not sure if i should be supplementing on top of that. But if Thyroxine is mainly just iodine, I definitely need to ask my endocronologist why I'm not taking T3...
                        Jovana,
                        Your thyroid doesn't work because you are severely deficient in iodine. Thyroid meds DO NOT supply iodine to your sick thyroid, they simply provide the missing thyroid hormones that your sick thyroid can no longer produce. There is only one way to heal your thyroid and that is to take Lugols iodine with the required supplements. The rest of your body also requires iodine.. Every cell in your body requires iodine, and most of the iodine receptors in your body have been replaced with toxic chemicals of Bromide, Fluoride & chlorine that will eventually cause serious health problems such as fibrocystic breasts, pcos, endo, cysts & prostate BPH & related cancers.
                        Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Doctors make no attempt to cure your condition, they only want to treat it for life. There is NO money to be made curing people. So bottom line you need both iodine to cure your thyroid AND the thyroid meds temporarily until your thyroid heals itself. You should find that over time, you can reduce your thyroid meds as your thyroid heals.

Iodine is also required to prevent fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, Cysts in women and prostate problems in men. Preventing these problems also prevents related cancers.

Your test is easy. Simply paint a patch of Lugols iodine from Amazon.Com on your wrist. If it disappears in less than 24 hours, you are deficient. When I started on iodine, my patch test disappeared in 3 minutes!

For more, see Iodine References:

Also see this testimonial that just came in:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post854782

Learn to chart your body temperature to adjust your thyroid meds:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257

Grizz
                        Last edited by Grizz; 06-04-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                          not going to read the responses so forgive me if someone touched on this already.

you have two things going on.

Screwed up circadian rhythm. your body is releasing you testosterone at a time when you shoudl not be.

conversion of testosterone to estrogen.

get a sex panel done and figure out what you need to adjust. my guess is that you need to focus on fixing your circadian rhythm and the rest will solve itself
                          I go to bed between 12-1AM. I don't think that would completely ruin my libido, seeing as my twin brother parties like crazy and doesn't go to bed till 2-4am. If it was a matter of circadian rhythm, why would my overall libido be low? I do believe I need to get to bed sooner and improve my sleeping rhythm, but I doubt this would completely cause my low libido.

What's a sex panel and where do you get it done?? I'll look into this.

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                            no thyroid? Hashis or Graves? No? CT
                            Never had any of these checked, ever. I have no idea, but I do believe I may be iodine deficient. I also had low Vit D levels (36, I believe) when I had my test taken early April. However, I have been out in the sun A LOT and taking Vitamin D, so i doubt it's that low anymore. What's CT??

Comment

Jovana,
                              Your thyroid doesn't work because you are severely deficient in iodine. Thyroid meds DO NOT supply iodine to your sick thyroid, they simply provide the missing thyroid hormones that your sick thyroid can no longer produce. There is only one way to heal your thyroid and that is to take Lugols iodine with the required supplements. The rest of your body also requires iodine.. Every cell in your body requires iodine, and most of the iodine receptors in your body have been replaced with toxic chemicals of Bromide, Fluoride & chlorine that will eventually cause serious health problems such as fibrocystic breasts, pcos, endo, cysts & prostate BPH & related cancers.
                              Iodine deficiencies & dosages

Doctors make no attempt to cure your condition, they only want to treat it for life. There is NO money to be made curing people. So bottom line you need both iodine to cure your thyroid AND the thyroid meds temporarily until your thyroid heals itself. You should find that over time, you can reduce your thyroid meds as your thyroid heals.

Iodine is also required to prevent fibrocystic breasts, PCOS, Endometriosis, Cysts in women and prostate problems in men. Preventing these problems also prevents related cancers.

Your test is easy. Simply paint a patch of Lugols iodine from Amazon.Com on your wrist. If it disappears in less than 24 hours, you are deficient. When I started on iodine, my patch test disappeared in 3 minutes!

For more, see Iodine References:

Also see this testimonial that just came in:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post854782

Learn to chart your body temperature to adjust your thyroid meds:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post844257

Grizz
                              My Iodine (Lugol's) + Kelp should be received by the end of today, so I'll keep you posted on my reactions, dosages, etc..I may just start with Lugol's and see what happens, since it's pure Iodine. I used to take Kelp, which was what I reacted to, or broke out from.

Thanks again Grizz, appreciate your courtesy and effort to help people recognize this dilemma.

Comment

I go to bed between 12-1AM. I don't think that would completely ruin my libido, seeing as my twin brother parties like crazy and doesn't go to bed till 2-4am. If it was a matter of circadian rhythm, why would my overall libido be low? I do believe I need to get to bed sooner and improve my sleeping rhythm, but I doubt this would completely cause my low libido.

What's a sex panel and where do you get it done?? I'll look into this.
                                5 - sex hormones and standard American codes
                                Cortisol CPT Code: 82533
                                Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate CPT Code: 82627
                                Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) CPT Code: 82651
                                Estradiol CPT Code: 82670
                                Estrogens, Total CPT Code: 82672
                                Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH), Serum CPT Code: 83001
                                Growth Hormone-binding Protein CPT Code: 83519
                                Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) CPT Code: 84305
                                Luteinizing Hormone (LH), Serum CPT Code: 83002
                                Pregnenolone, Mass Spectrometry CPT Code: 84140
                                Progesterone CPT Code: 84144
                                Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA), Serum CPT Code: 84153
                                Sex Hormone-binding Globulin, Serum CPT Code: 84270
                                Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone CPT Code: 84402; 84403
                                Prolactin CPT Code: 84146

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Working...
                                X